Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sa

In love with a yoga teacher

Rate this topic

Slm 

I felt in love with my yoga teacher.

If hinduism may be one of the previous revelations comparatively to jewish and christian revelation

I would like your opinion if I can mary her.

Muslims are not allowed to marry Hindus.

2406. A Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim, and a male Muslim also cannot marry a non-Muslim woman who are not Ahlul Kitab. However, there is no harm in contracting temporary marriage with Jewish and Christians women, but the obligatory precaution is that a Muslim should not take them in permanent marriage. There are certain sects like Khawarij, Ghulat and Nawasib who claim to be Muslims, but are classified as non-Muslims. Muslim men and women cannot contract permanent or temporary marriage with them.

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2348/

On 12/17/2015 at 8:12 PM, pwwnd123 said:

You are not allowed to marry a non-Muslim except for Christians and Jews (only temporarily).

Actually some scholars allow permanent marriage between Muslim men and Kitabi women.

Sistani's prohibition is based on precaution. 

:(

you cud try and convince her of Islam. like just talk about it. and see her reaction. many people convert even from hinduism. women accept islam for marriage.

but convincing may take a lot of time. a lot of patience. 

i thought this post would be something of like an intro to some good yoga instructor's lessons. like b k s iyengar.

no such luck. 

The first thing to do is to find out if she has any interest in you (if you haven't already, it sounds like you haven't). If she's not keen then there's no point fretting about marriage or getting her to convert. 

On 12/17/2015 at 7:28 PM, Sa said:

Also be sure not to conflate love with infatuation. And I think the latter is more likely to be the case if, say, you find their way of explaining the downward dog rather cute.

On 12/17/2015 at 7:28 PM, Sa said:

Slm 

If hinduism may be one of the previous revelations comparatively to jewish and christian revelation

Q1 what are you doing in yoga class?

Q2 if she is Hindu, isn't yoga for them a ritual?

A1 Hindu are not people of the book. They are not Pak (pure). they are najis. Marriage beween a muslim and non muslim/non ahlulkitab is void and equal to Zina (fornication).

A2 Marriage should be based on mind the one under skull not the one under the belt. You should select a life partner, a breeder and a role model of your children.

A3 Fulfilling sexual desires in halal way is encouraged. If you feel you need to marry then you should get married as soon as possible lest satan lure you to haram. In Shia laws, marriage between muslim man and peple of the book temporarly is allowed. A woman who is virgin is discouraged to consummate such marriage.

11 hours ago, Sa said:

Slm 

Thanks for your opinions especially for well intentioned comments.

regarding the others.. Yoga guys are not judgmental and don t mock each other.In that way they differ less from Ahl beit s behaviour than a lot of us.

On 12/17/2015 at 9:37 PM, The Batman said:

Actually some scholars allow permanent marriage between Muslim men and Kitabi women.

Sistani's prohibition is based on precaution. 

Btw for those who don't know what I meant by "Kitabi", I meant Christians and Jews only. The majoos are Kitabi (according to Sayyed al-Sistani) but still, it is prohibited to marry them (Acc. to Sistani).

Anyway, the main question was answered. Marrying a Hindu woman is haram.

Brother Sa may Allah bless you. Salam.

On 12/18/2015 at 6:54 AM, Chaotic Muslem said:

a breeder

:woot:

On 12/18/2015 at 7:14 AM, Sa said:

Yoga guys are not judgmental and don t mock each other.In that way they differ less from Ahl beit s behaviour than a lot of us.

Notwithstanding this, it's still haram.

OP: you eat cows, she worships them. It will never work. dont eat her god bruv. 

btw go and do a mans sport like boxing. what you doing in a womans yoga class anyway?

I did ashtanga yoga but my teacher was a hairy dude called harris and it was only to make my punches stronger.  

On 12/18/2015 at 1:40 AM, Highflyer said:
On 12/18/2015 at 11:27 AM, DigitalUmmah said:

btw go and do a mans sport like boxing. what you doing in a womans yoga class anyway?

I did ashtanga yoga but my teacher was a hairy dude called harris and it was only to make my punches stronger.  

Slm I am boxer competitor as well.you should be careful about hairy Yoga teachers..they look manly but..

Seriously  She may become muslim who knows.They worship cows ok but most of so called muslims worship their ego 

Thanks anyway everybody 

Slm alaykoum

On 12/18/2015 at 11:31 AM, Jesus the slave of Allah said:

LOL @ it's the yoga pants...

She wears sharp pants only. But keep on mocking I need some of your good deeds especially if I mary her

On 12/18/2015 at 9:33 AM, Haji 2003 said:

:woot:

Being a breeder is one of the characters mentioned by the prophet in the prospect wife.

On 12/18/2015 at 11:27 AM, DigitalUmmah said:

Exactly! Forget about lust or love, as time passes this will fade. What's worse is losing huge amount of money and self respect just for a burst of romance.

It really dose not worth it.

There are 2 kinds of love. There is romance love which is selfish. One party dose not really care about the other party, all one is caring about is selfish desires. True love is where there is care. You may choose to depart and leave awaye from someone you truly love just to avoid hurting them. How can Muslim love Allah and his prophet and ahlulbayt but at the same time dose not care to hurt them by marrying a non Muslim despite them dislking that?

How can a Muslim man love a woman who is possibly mocking Allah and Islam?

How can a Muslim man say that he cares about a woman whom he sees as object of lust...When this feverish desire fades, he'll propably just leave.

On 12/18/2015 at 5:31 AM, Abu Hadi said:

It's not love, it's the yoga pants.:gossip:

Get out of the class before it's too late.....

I'm not trying to mock you, I'm trying to draw your attention to something you may have not thought about. 

وَلاَ تَنكِحُواْ الْمُشْرِكَاتِ حَتَّى يُؤْمِنَّ وَلأَمَةٌ مُّؤْمِنَةٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن مُّشْرِكَةٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَتْكُمْ وَلاَ تُنكِحُواْ الْمُشِرِكِينَ حَتَّى يُؤْمِنُواْ وَلَعَبْدٌ مُّؤْمِنٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن مُّشْرِكٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَكُمْ أُوْلَـئِكَ يَدْعُونَ إِلَى النَّارِ وَاللّهُ يَدْعُوَ إِلَى الْجَنَّةِ وَالْمَغْفِرَةِ بِإِذْنِهِ وَيُبَيِّنُ آيَاتِهِ لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ 

Holy Quran 2:221

AND DO NOT marry women who ascribe divinity to anything beside God until they attain to [true] belief: for any believing bondwoman [of God] is certainly better than a woman who ascribes divinity to aught beside God, even though she please you greatly .....

Listen to this ayat. It is saying that Allah(s.w.a) knows that there are some women who 'please you greatly' either by their looks, their manners, personality, skills, etc. But Allah(s.w.a) is telling you very clearly that any muslim women without any of these things is better for you than a muskrika (idol worshipper) with all of those things. And if you disregard this and instead follow your own ideas and speculation, you do so at your own peril and you will have to pay the price for this, a very heavy price for sure. 

When Allah(s.w.a) says 'better for you', Allah(s.w.a) is speaking in the real and ultimate sense. Not in the short term sense, which is the way most of us human being think about things. We think of those things that will have immediate benefit to us as good, even though those things may, in the end and final calculation harm us a great deal. 

I will put it another way. A muslim women, i.e. a women who is obedient to Allah(s.w.a) whether she is 17 or 70, is like pure gold. She may be dusty and dirty on the surface, i.e. she may not have the best looks, may have some personality issues, may not know how to do yoga, etc, but if you rub off the dust, you will find that underneath that is gold, joy, and pure pleasure, pleasure without guilt or fear. You can make a future with this type of women, and you can develop true love with this type of women. 

At the same time, a women who is disobedient to Allah(s.w.a), i.e. an idol worshipper or disbelieving women, although she may appear golden and shining on the surface, once you rub the gold facade a little you will find that underneath is toxic waste. She might be shining, but it's not because she is a jewel, but because she is highly radioactive. The more you are around her, the sicker you will become until your soul dies. Then you will become like her, i.e. a disbeliever. Most men are attracted by shining objects, that is why Allah(s.w.a) has to tell us what the real deal is. 

Since Allah(s.w.a) wants good joy, pleasure, true love, and ultimately Paradise for you, He(s.w.a) is telling you the real facts about things. Again, if you disregard this, you do so at your own peril. 

P.S What are 'sharp pants' ? 

On 12/19/2015 at 6:40 AM, Abu Hadi said:

I'm not trying to mock you, I'm trying to draw your attention to something you may have not thought about. 

وَلاَ تَنكِحُواْ الْمُشْرِكَاتِ حَتَّى يُؤْمِنَّ وَلأَمَةٌ مُّؤْمِنَةٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن مُّشْرِكَةٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَتْكُمْ وَلاَ تُنكِحُواْ الْمُشِرِكِينَ حَتَّى يُؤْمِنُواْ وَلَعَبْدٌ مُّؤْمِنٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن مُّشْرِكٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَكُمْ أُوْلَـئِكَ يَدْعُونَ إِلَى النَّارِ وَاللّهُ يَدْعُوَ إِلَى الْجَنَّةِ وَالْمَغْفِرَةِ بِإِذْنِهِ وَيُبَيِّنُ آيَاتِهِ لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ 

Holy Quran 2:221

AND DO NOT marry women who ascribe divinity to anything beside God until they attain to [true] belief: for any believing bondwoman [of God] is certainly better than a woman who ascribes divinity to aught beside God, even though she please you greatly .....

Listen to this ayat. It is saying that Allah(s.w.a) knows that there are some women who 'please you greatly' either by their looks, their manners, personality, skills, etc. But Allah(s.w.a) is telling you very clearly that any muslim women without any of these things is better for you than a muskrika (idol worshipper) with all of those things. And if you disregard this and instead follow your own ideas and speculation, you do so at your own peril and you will have to pay the price for this, a very heavy price for sure. 

When Allah(s.w.a) says 'better for you', Allah(s.w.a) is speaking in the real and ultimate sense. Not in the short term sense, which is the way most of us human being think about things. We think of those things that will have immediate benefit to us as good, even though those things may, in the end and final calculation harm us a great deal. 

I will put it another way. A muslim women, i.e. a women who is obedient to Allah(s.w.a) whether she is 17 or 70, is like pure gold. She may be dusty and dirty on the surface, i.e. she may not have the best looks, may have some personality issues, may not know how to do yoga, etc, but if you rub off the dust, you will find that underneath that is gold, joy, and pure pleasure, pleasure without guilt or fear. You can make a future with this type of women, and you can develop true love with this type of women. 

At the same time, a women who is disobedient to Allah(s.w.a), i.e. an idol worshipper or disbelieving women, although she may appear golden and shining on the surface, once you rub the gold facade a little you will find that underneath is toxic waste. She might be shining, but it's not because she is a jewel, but because she is highly radioactive. The more you are around her, the sicker you will become until your soul dies. Then you will become like her, i.e. a disbeliever. Most men are attracted by shining objects, that is why Allah(s.w.a) has to tell us what the real deal is. 

Since Allah(s.w.a) wants good joy, pleasure, true love, and ultimately Paradise for you, He(s.w.a) is telling you the real facts about things. Again, if you disregard this, you do so at your own peril. 

P.S What are 'sharp pants' ? 

It s like large pants not that attractive as you was infering.

The Quran verse is clear and relevant to this situation barakAllahofik. It is worth noting that "until they attain true belief" seems to suggests everyone may attain truth . Why are we so judgmental about differents cultures who seek spirituality while they may find the right path. Ali (as)mentioned brothers in religion or in humanity. I joined Ahl lbeit recently because there is still open minded people to discuss some point without  judging.

Muslim womens may be gold but they a often left singles without nothing organised to put them in relation.

I defenitly wont think about marriage with this girl unless she changes.

Thanks for recommendation brothers and sisters

Salam

On 12/18/2015 at 5:21 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Also be sure not to conflate love with infatuation. And I think the latter is more likely to be the case if, say, you find their way of explaining the downward dog rather cute.

DAMMIT. Someone beat me to a Downward Dog reference. :(

On 12/24/2015 at 6:12 AM, VividChaeeme said:

DAMMIT. Someone beat me to a Downward Dog reference

Seriously though. This is the downward dog (and I've tried to choose an image that the Mods won't take offence to).

Now if you imagine seeing someone of the opposite sex doing this and similar stuff not very far from you, in yoga pants, on a regular basis, is it really surprising that the hormones start raging?

Downward-dog-300x195.jpg

On 12/24/2015 at 12:03 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Seriously though. This is the downward dog (and I've tried to choose an image that the Mods won't take offence to).

Now if you imagine seeing someone of the opposite sex doing this and similar stuff not very far from you, in yoga pants, on a regular basis, is it really surprising that the hormones start raging?

Downward-dog-300x195.jpg

+1

6 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

I thought people in yoga squat the whole day with palms up and closed eyes?

I think you've had a sheltered life. Not that that is a criticism. As we can see the OPs non-sheltered life is causing no end of problems.

In my experience, the postures can vary in terms of 'suggestiveness' and some teachers do go in for physical manipulation, i.e. if you are not doing it right they will move the relevant part of the body so that you are.

46 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

I thought people in yoga squat the whole day with palms up and closed eyes?

Yoga is very strenuous if done properly.  It is an incredible form of exercise and wellness in my biased opinion.

However..

It is not something that should be mixed gender for sure. Downward dog (as aptly drawn by H'03) is one of many poses that would be awkward to do in front of the opposite gender.