Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Prophet (s) said that Imam Ali (as) is like surat Ikhlas in Sunni books?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam Aleykom!

I am new to this forum so I hope I've chosen the right forum for this question.

My friend's brother who is Sunni and I were talking where he told me that he had a "Shiabook" where there was a hadith stating that Prophet Muhammad (saw) said that Imam Ali (a.s) is like Surat Qul Hu Allahu Ahad in the Qur’an, therefore he said that the hadith is stating that Imam Ali (a.s.) is like Allah swt (Stagfurallah). However when I searched for the hadith, I found that one of the sources was "Muslim", one of Sunni's most authentic hadith collections. Anyone who knows if this really is included in Muslim because I can't find anything, also are the other sources that's stated from Sunni books and are they "Sahih" (i.e is this hadith considered sahih by sunnis)?

“The position of Ali (A.S) amongst the people is like Surat Qul Hu Allahu Ahad in the Qur’an.”
Muslim, 1/48; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Nisa’i, 27; Musnad Ahmad, 6/299; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 191.

Also is this hadith classed as Sahih by Shias? And what does this hadith really mean?

/Mohamed

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaikum

Surah of Ikhlas is like one third of Quran. Whoever reads surah od Ikhlas it is as if he has read one third of Quran and whoever reads this Surah two times it is as if he has read two third of quran and ......

Whoever loves Ali (AS) only in his heart he has the reward of one third of Ummah.

Whoever loves Ali and helps him with his tongue he has two third of the reward of Ummah.

Whoever loves Ali and help him with tongue and sword he has all the reward of Ummah.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234953603-benefits-from-surah-al-ikhlas-112/

Edited by maes

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, maes said:

Salam Alaikum

Surah of Ikhlas is like one third of Quran. Whoever reads surah od Ikhlas it is as if he has read one third of Quran and whoever reads this Surah two times it is as if he has read two third of quran and ......

Whoever loves Ali (AS) only in his heart he has the reward of one third of Ummah.

Whoever loves Ali and helps him with his tongue he has two third of the reward of Ummah.

Whoever loves Ali and help him with tongue and sword he has all the reward of Ummah.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234953603-benefits-from-surah-al-ikhlas-112/

Thank you brother for the information, now I finally know what the meaning of the hadith was! :)
Anyone who knows if this hadith is recorded in Sunni books (including Saheeh Muslim)?

• Advanced Member

Bismillah.

Salaam.

This Hadith is also mentioned in Shia books like "Taʻwīl al-ʼāyāt al-Zāhirah fī Fazāʼil al-ʻitrah al-Tāhirah" (p.823) and "Bihār al-Anwār", vol.27, p.94 and vol.39, p.288 and "al-Burhān fī Tafsīr al-Qur'an" vol.5, p.797.

With Duas.

Narsis.

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, narsis said:

Bismillah.

Salaam.

This Hadith is also mentioned in Shia books like "Taʻwīl al-ʼāyāt al-Zāhirah fī Fazāʼil al-ʻitrah al-Tāhirah" (p.823) and "Bihār al-Anwār", vol.27, p.94 and vol.39, p.288 and "al-Burhān fī Tafsīr al-Qur'an" vol.5, p.797.

With Duas.

Narsis.

Salam,

Ah thanks, but is it also mentioned in Sunni books as well? I saw these sources for this hadith:

Muslim, 1/48;  (<-- Unsure because I couldn't find it there, anyone who knows if it's really included in Muslim 1/48 ?)

Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299;

Al-Nisa’i, 27;

Musnad Ahmad, 6/299;

Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 191.

Are any of these Sunni books?

Edited by Modi0001

• Advanced Member

Seems like some cropping has been done to the quote from "Manaqib Amir al-Mumineen" above.

Here is a scan of the same book, edition and page:

jZTCwkq.jpg

Author states:

"Fabricated.

It contains 'Amru bin Abi al-Miqdaab, Ibn Mu'een said: Not reliable or trusted. Ibn Hibban said: He ('Amru) narrates fabrications from strong narrators".

Here is a link to the book online:

https://ia802706.us.archive.org/33/items/WAQ62277/62277.pdf

Scroll to page 122 and see the original page:

oCQ0nFc.jpg

So yes, someone has clearly tampered with the originally posted image and omitted the information at the bottom of the page.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Husayn said:

It contains 'Amru bin Abi al-Miqdaab, Ibn Mu'een said: Not reliable or trusted. Ibn Hibban said: He ('Amru) narrates fabrications from strong narrators".

Here is a link to the book online:

https://ia802706.us.archive.org/33/items/WAQ62277/62277.pdf

Scroll to page 122 and see the original page:

This is the circular path of reasoning where sunni remain. The hadith of the virtues of Ahl albayat are placed in their books but most of those are considered either weak or fabricated or the narrator is not reliable. Nothing is new it is a persistent feature.

9 hours ago, Husayn said:

So yes, someone has clearly tampered with the originally posted image and omitted the information at the bottom of the page.

OP requires the hadith that i copied from the book, without any further hadith or any thing else as unnecessary..

Regards

Edited by skamran110
Correction

On 12/15/2015 at 0:32 AM, Modi0001 said:

“The position of Ali (A.S) amongst the people is like Surat Qul Hu Allahu Ahad in the Qur’an.”

Muslim, 1/48; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Nisa’i, 27; Musnad Ahmad, 6/299; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 191.

Also is this hadith classed as Sahih by Shias? And what does this hadith really mean?

/Mohamed

The hadith does not exist in the four books highlighted in red, and I am not aware of any reliable chain for it either in the Shi'i sources. In the Sunni book (not books), it is graded a fabrication.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

The hadith does not exist in the four books highlighted in red, and I am not aware of any reliable chain for it either in the Shi'i sources. In the Sunni book (not books), it is graded a fabrication.

Alright, thank you for the help and may Allah swt reward you!

• 5 years later...
Guest Tired seeker
On 12/18/2015 at 8:29 PM, The Straight Path said:

Alright, thank you for the help and may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reward you!

786/110

Assalamun alaikum

I know this 6 years after the original post but is that hadith true or false, that sura ikhlas is Imam Ali (عليه السلام)?