Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mightymask

My 40 day water fast video dairy

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

So yeah ive started another set of water fasting , with that in mind before anyone gets all "its dangerous" i have been fasting for a VERY long time, i dont want to mention the actual duration so i dont ruin it, but a very long time and i have a lot of experience(practical) so if you are interested to see how it goes , your welcome to follow me 

So here is my first video(day 4) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGhAQrnaEN4

i do want to state a disclaimer so i dont get banned from here , just because i am doing it doesn't mean everyone can do it , so whatever i am describing might not apply to everyone who does it, you might have to start slow, like fasting only 3 days or even 1 day on 1 day off(if you decide to do it)

so i am just sharing and documenting my experience, i am not trying to encourage anyone towards it (again i state this so i dont get banned from here)

each person will have a different experience, if you see other peoples videos , they describe all kinds of experiences, some worse then what i describe and some have it even easier then i did , it all depends on you 

Edited by mightymask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mightymask said:

So yeah ive started another set of water fasting , with that in mind before anyone gets all "its dangerous" i have been fasting for a VERY long time, i dont want to mention the actual duration so i dont ruin it, but a very long time and i have a lot of experience(practical) so if you are interested to see how it goes , your welcome to follow me 

So here is my first video(day 4) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGhAQrnaEN4

i do want to state a disclaimer so i dont get banned from here , just because i am doing it doesn't mean everyone can do it , so whatever i am describing might not apply to everyone who does it, you might have to start slow, like fasting only 3 days or even 1 day on 1 day off(if you decide to do it)

so i am just sharing and documenting my experience, i am not trying to encourage anyone towards it (again i state this so i dont get banned from here)

each person will have a different experience, if you see other peoples videos , they describe all kinds of experiences, some worse then what i describe and some have it even easier then i did , it all depends on you 

Bismillah.

Salaam brother.

We are ordered by our infallibles (a) to act wisely. Such a things cannot bring you any wisdom because it is, itself, against wisdom. If you want wisdom try to prevent doing sins and piety, as Imams (a) said that is the resource of wisdom.

With Duas.

Narsis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Al-Hassan said:

What are you trying to gain by doing all this? Do you believe that such extreme methods of fasting can offer you any spiritual benefits in the end? 

i am just testing my limits, i have been fasting for a long time in general , so i have HEAPS of experience in fasting , so my health is in good check 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yakapuka, you're going to mislead impressionable youths here and why are you bragging about your fasts, surely you're meant to keep this stuff to yourself?  Get a life, or better still, get out of here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, FreeSpirit said:

Yakapuka, you're going to mislead impressionable youths here and why are you bragging about your fasts, surely you're meant to keep this stuff to yourself?  Get a life, or better still, get out of here.  

wow you are full of hate and ostentation , maybe you need to go on a fast of speech

nobody here is going to get "impressioned" by anything i do besides there is TONNES of videos of water fasts on you tube, so what are you going to do? ban people from youtube? good luck, they would probably rather ban you then ban youtube 

secondly , nobody is THAT gullible, to be just so easily convinced by something somebody else does, because if that was the case, then one commercial of an alcoholic beverage, or one scene from a movie showing adultery would cause them to go crazy and act upon it

thirdly what i do, takes ALOT of willpower, despite that i make it sound easy, it takes a GIGANTEOUS amount of will power and internal strength to do it, most people wouldnt last even 2 days, maybe not even 1 day , they would be finished very quickly, and even if they desires to do it, would break down in 1-3 days let alone 2 weeks or 3 weeks 

it takes a very special kind of will power to do this , and most people unfortunately dont have it, even i didnt have it at first, it took many years to get to this 

so chillax nobody is going to suffer die or even be hurt in any way shape or form from reading this, and especially not even trying it 

cant you see the responses above? everyone is against it, and if you check the ate/eating forum, you will se many people here LOVE their food and would probably rather die then give it up 

relax okay? 

the only reason you can be so angry like this is because your seeing something you dont have the strength or understanding how to do yourself, your being all "alpha male" and just looking like a very arrogant and stubborn person instead 

live and let live

the process of fasting without food for 40 days is protected from people by the sheer will and power required to get through even just 1 days, which i would say easily 98% of the world population doesn't have the strength and will to do 

ITS IS REALLY DIFFICULT and requires MANY pre coursers which again most people dont even know about let alone have  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as it is clearly acknowledged that this person's "fasts" serve no Islamic purpose, he's allowed to talk about them I suppose. I'm not convinced they belong in the ethics subforum; rather in general discussions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why admire Buddha when we have the Prophet SA and Ahlul Bayt AS as our role models?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Why admire Buddha when we have the Prophet SA and Ahlul Bayt AS as our role models?

Some say that Buddha could be one of the 124,000 prophets. And if that's the case, he certainly wouldn't have advocated this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mightymask i think thats amazing, not sure why people on here find it negative? narrow minds, how do you attain that willpower? alot of western people fast now, science recognises the benefits such as slowing aging , reducing illnesses. ive done intermittent fasting before, again thats popular too, do you work or would you simply stay away from doing you're daily activities ? as intermittentl fasting involves weight lifting,so its a totally different ball game, What benefits have you seen and experienced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another advice I can tell you, based on Islamic spirituality, mysticism and ethics is that you can do fasting of "not committing sins" for forty days; it will make your heart full of wisdom and also make you more near to Allah (s.w.t.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, narsis said:

Another advice I can tell you, based on Islamic spirituality, mysticism and ethics is that you can do fasting of "not committing sins" for forty days; it will make your heart full of wisdom and also make you more near to Allah (s.w.t.).

if have the strength to avoid eating food when your desires are screaming for it, then believe me there is no problem to avoid other sins 

its not like avoiding sins is harder then doing this type of fast, if anything it gives you SUCH willpower that looking away from a woman is no problem 

also while your doing it, the last thing on your mind is women/mating so it does give you help in that regard if you need it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Why dont you get married already instead?

you should change your interests , kind of deceiving 

i am not married cause i have not found the women whom i seek , when i find her i will marry her

i will not get married to just "do it" or to just pick one out of the bunch for the sake of marriage, or because i cant control my desires (i have no problem there whatsoever and God has tested me here countless times and i have not failed)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, alialiali said:

mightymask i think thats amazing, not sure why people on here find it negative? narrow minds, how do you attain that willpower? alot of western people fast now, science recognises the benefits such as slowing aging , reducing illnesses. ive done intermittent fasting before, again thats popular too, do you work or would you simply stay away from doing you're daily activities ? as intermittentl fasting involves weight lifting,so its a totally different ball game, What benefits have you seen and experienced?

to be quiet honest with you neither do i 

i fast but i never cross the limit , when i notice that i am completely lacking energy to do daily things, and the recovery is not happening , then i stop regardless even if i plan to do 40 days, i stop get some fuel into me and then continue 

but that being said, it will probably take a while, a good while to get to that stage because i do have plenty of body fat and muscle which can be used to feed me 

to be honest it didnt happen over night , it took a long time to even build enough will power to do it 

i guess there is people out there who are able to do it straight of the bat, but i had to do small portions here and there to build up the tolerance for it 

i do work, study as well , and i tend to do both 

see what happens is that while you are fasting you have these drops of energy, where you feel like you cant even move, but then it recovers or i suppose your body breaks down your body fat/muscles and feeds you and then you get your energy back and feel absolutely normal and healthy 

the problem is probably the side effects in the first 2 weeks, you get all kinds of side effects, such as the energy dropping followed by bad breath, followed by stomach pains(from al the acids that are burning up in there) fever which is when your body is dealing with all the toxins (but it doesnt last the whole day it might last an hour or less) it is at these points where you most feel like quitting but easier said then done as frustration also takes a toll on you and might make you quit  

so you get these effects in random order, they come and go until slowly you completely stabilize , i guess about after 2 weeks passes you stabilize and whatever fat you have and muscle on your body starts to be used as energy, also if you get good sunlight you get your energy from that too 

the worst effect i have had was really bad hiccups with heart burn , that was really uncomfortable, made me had to stop and put something in my stomach(juice) to calm it down , but now i am continuing 

if i notice that this is making me immobile, i will definitely stop completely as i have things to do during the day 

Edited by mightymask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2015 at 4:33 AM, hameedeh said:

Why admire Buddha when we have the Prophet SA and Ahlul Bayt AS as our role models?

admiration is not limited to one or 14, i admire buddah for many reasons , but i dont do this fast because of him i do it because of myself 

the patience of buddah was truly astronomical, had he been with any of the Imams or Prophet ,he would have been their best student , he was all his life a seeker of truth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2015 at 3:40 AM, The Batman said:

Why would someone want to do something the Ahlulbayt didn't recommend?

Like those people who want to live like monks, which means they want to disregard the sunan of the Prophet.

 

I don't understand why?

you know what i find most funny about this statement 

the fact that you and probably everyone else doesnt follow the general sunnah of the Prophet, you might be able to name some from the top of the head, but you probably dont follow it 

and i bet also that you not infallible , so not only do you not follow the sunnah but you also sin 

so then what is the problem with doing this? how does it conflict with anything?

will it make me lose my religion? will it make me not to be a Muslim? will it cause me to change faiths? no , no, and no 

so why does it bother you so much? 

if you are so concerned with such topics of people not following sunnah, almost everyone if not everyone falls under that category, and most probably almost everyone here if not everyone here sins in one way form or another 

but yet my water fast is bothering you, really uncalled for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, alialiali said:

mightymask i think thats amazing, not sure why people on here find it negative? narrow minds, how do you attain that willpower? alot of western people fast now, science recognises the benefits such as slowing aging , reducing illnesses. ive done intermittent fasting before, again thats popular too, do you work or would you simply stay away from doing you're daily activities ? as intermittentl fasting involves weight lifting,so its a totally different ball game, What benefits have you seen and experienced?

have a look at this funny video of this woman who became frustrated from drinking water (after 17 days) 

i think it is really funny 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuS7ODHcbYs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mightymask said:

you should change your interests , kind of deceiving 

i am not married cause i have not found the women whom i seek , when i find her i will marry her

i will not get married to just "do it" or to just pick one out of the bunch for the sake of marriage, or because i cant control my desires (i have no problem there whatsoever and God has tested me here countless times and i have not failed)  

20150316_215408_ededbfg_sm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

20150316_215408_ededbfg_sm.jpg

why do you have such animosity towards me? i really dont get what your problem is?

even if i was the worst sinner it doesnt justify your behaviour towards me, but since i am not a sinner and am only doing something which i feel is beneficial, your looking to put me down? i dont get why that is the case with you?

live and let live, my actions are not hurting your life in any way shape or form 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, mighty, you would feel much more peace if you actually didn't care about what others have to say. If you want to do this and enjoy doing this, do it. All people have their own passions and interests at different times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2015 at 10:58 AM, magma said:

Good grief, not this again...

i was just about to say the same thing.... I as well remember a topic on this exact issue a while ago ...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...