Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
~ThePond~

Syrian Conflict: Someone please inform me

Rate this topic

Salaam Alaikum all--

I know this is going to be a difficult task to ask of everyone. I am not well informed regarding the Syrian crisis, and if possible, can someone give me a brief description of all the events that lead up to the Syrian Civil War, and if possible, what are our roles as Muslims in the conflict, i.e. who should we support. My husband says he supports Assad and has articles about what's going on, but unfortunately, most are in Arabic. I just want to make sure I have knowledge of this subject, and what side I should support or what I can do further as a Muslim. Thank you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

You're welcome.

The side you support depends on what you value. Democracy and the will of the Ummah? Enforcement of Sharia law as dictated by Wahhabists and Salafists? Self-determination for minority ethnic groups?

Personally I support a political solution that see's every side involved with the exception of Daesh.

On 11/12/2015 at 5:54 PM, ~ThePond~ said:

Salaam Alaikum all--

I know this is going to be a difficult task to ask of everyone. I am not well informed regarding the Syrian crisis, and if possible, can someone give me a brief description of all the events that lead up to the Syrian Civil War, and if possible, what are our roles as Muslims in the conflict, i.e. who should we support. My husband says he supports Assad and has articles about what's going on, but unfortunately, most are in Arabic. I just want to make sure I have knowledge of this subject, and what side I should support or what I can do further as a Muslim. Thank you.

Brother i have written  a lot of articles for my syrian anti-secterian research project, which you can find here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235033484-anti-sectarian-syrian-research-project/?_fromLogin=1