Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abraram

Local Body Elections in Pakistan

Rate this topic

Salam,

Local Body Elections are already been started here in Pakistan. These elections are more significant as for the first time, Islamabad would be having a mayor in addition to the Sharif's rule. Secondly, Karachi is holding its local body election after 10 years.

Whats up with you guys? Where are you from and to whom you would be giving or given your vote and why?

Salam, 

I live somewhere in Punjab. we had the elections a couple of weeks back. I am a PTI supporter but Punjab is a PML(N) area . I think we really need to get rid of both Zardari and Shareef but I don't see this happening, unfortunately.  People are still more concerned about their personal interests and gains rather than thinking about the country. Personally, I have reached that level of detestation that I cannot even stand looking at zardari or shareefs and their progeny anymore so, not following these local elections or any updates related to local politics. I have trained myself to develop a selective hearing, visual and memory loss whenever I see or hear their names come up or the sorry plight of Pakistan at the hands of these tryants makes my blood boil. 

I thought of voting in the local body elections, then decided otherwise. MQM will win in Karachi (the elections are happening as I write this) and get its mayor. Nothing will change. These local government elections are a futile exercise; the elected reps. won't have any major powers, having been stripped of them by fearful provincial governments. 

PTI is simply a good looking version of Jamaat e Harami Islami.