Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Assalam o Alaikum

Hope you are all well?

InshALLAH by the grace of Allah I will soon be going on ziyarat in Iraq.

I feel so lucky and blessed to have this opportunity to go and visit imam Hussain (as).

Although wish I could have gone for Arbaeen but will inshALLAH be going in December during the xmas holidays.

I am a revert shia (from sunni) and inshALLAH I will be going with my husband (who is a born shia), who has also never been before.

My family is still all sunni, so I cant ask them as they'd have no idea. So i just thought you lovely members could help me out a little bit. 

So, i don't really know how to dress, i am a female, and I know I will have to be in full hijab.

I already do hijab and will take some abayas with me, but the question I would like to ask is, as i will be going after Arbaeen would i be expected to wear black? I dont mind wearing black as most of my abayas are in black (and would be convenient). However then I wonder as its not Muharram and it will be after Arbaeen and even after Eid e Zahra...would it be bad to wear black. What colours should i wear/be expected to wear? what colours are a no no? Any advice on what I or my husband should wear and any other advice on what we should take with us?

Many thanks for all your help

Iltemase dua

It is very good for women to wear black abaya as Hijab no matter what the time is since the black abaya covers the body in the best way. 

by the way , it does not matter for your husband to keep his black shirt till the end of Safar month because the whole month is a suffering month for AhlulBayt.

keep us remembered in your Duas

5 minutes ago, iltemas-e-dua said:

Thank you for replying to my post! If I wore a dark brown or navy blue abaya that would be okay too? 

Salam,

That is fine too. As long as the cloths are not tight and flashy colors.

Navy blue and brown are sober colors if you don't have black handy.

Keep us in your prayers,

Wasalam