Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Syed Jafri 512

i know this is a awkward question

Rate this topic

I wanted to confirm it once and for all.

so my Question which might seem really needed not to be mentioned but since i should finally know , Is masturbating prohibited or not ?

please don't ignore or feel shy I do want to know the answer so please.

Edited by starlight
edited to remove irrelevant details

I agree that this is a subject not often discussed. There is an interesting Scripture in 1 Corinthians 7:

1 "Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: --- (The Apostle Paul was asked such questions.)

1 It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband." 

--- So that is the easy solution for married people, but sex should not be the reason for getting married, tho it sometimes is. Later the couple find out they were not really in love so their lives are empty, rather than being fulfilled.

--- The main problem is for those who are single, and have no desire for, or prospect of getting married, yet in our sensual society they are confronted with temptation, and they may constantly be struggling with guilt.

It is easy for someone to say it is prohibited, but that adds condemnation to guilt.

--- Paul continues to say in verse 8, "But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;" --- (By this Paul means single and celibate, --- which is easier for those who live 'apart from the world.')  

9 "but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

--- This again is the suggestion of marriage rather than burning with passion. --- However, if you are single and burn with passion, there is a danger of making wrong decisions to find relief. --- Homosexuality has been on the increase and that is a very deadly trap. --- In lieu of that, is it not better for a person to relieve themselves, than to be involved in gross indecency with others? --- There is a natural release called a 'nocturnal emission,' --- however since it is a natural function of the body, there seems to be no bodily harm with relieving oneself --- before they consider perhaps raping someone.

--- So, what to do? It is hard to speak for another person, or condemn them although it is frowned upon in society, and often kept hidden. --- So, here is a test for each one. --- What is the personal feeling after the event? --- Does one feel relieved and neutral? --- Does one feel relieved but guilty? --- Does one feel dirty?

--- The ideal is to commit the feelings unto the Lord. --- The Lord may give that 'self control' that gives peace of mind.

A person may practice this in their teenage years, and then get married, and realize it was a kind of growing stage.'

--- I used to counsel young men, and I know this was often a real obsession with them.

--- I have tried to keep my comments rather neutral, because I don't have advice beyond asking the Lord for His guidance in all things. --- (I have asked the Lord's guidance in writing these words.)