Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Reza

Official ShiaChat A-Z Virtual Travel Thread

Abyaneh, Iran - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyaneh

This is a village near the city of Kashan, in Iran. Visited it back in 2013. It is one of the oldest villages in Iran and the women still wear their ancient traditional dresses. The village is populated with only old people, as the younger population lives in cities and works there. From the few people that I saw and spoke with at the village, I think the average age-range of the residents in this village was around 60+.

These are two pics I took my self:

IMG_9617_zpsv5ffzavx.jpg

IMG_9594_zpsgc79pfpf.jpg

Wassalam

^^^^^ Yeah bro, but we gotta move on to the next letter. I wanna see how many times we finish the alphabet, also its supposed to make you think and be creative...

Edited by magma

Bam, I.R. Iran

Bam is a small city in Kerman province. It is best known for the deadly earthquake which rocked it in 2003 (?), and for its historic fortress (which is called an "arg").

Some pics of Bam and its fortress:

38412_857.jpg

362.jpg

663504029_00c1683a60.jpg

0.jpg

As you can see, Bam is also a kahgeli city. Every desert city in Iran has this type of architecture.

Fun fact: the mayor of Bam is called kazekage.

I have to put more pictures of Bam because I think it's too beautiful. The Bam fortress is maybe my favorite building ever.

BamCitadel.jpg

ancient-bam-arg-e-bam.jpg

Bam_citadel_Iran.jpg

Bam_Iran_Kerman.jpg

arg1.jpg

6176297112_94b5efcf68_b.jpg

Obligatory snow pictures:

1526296_349385065202012_1355756221_n.jpg

1525423_349384705202048_1862895091_n.jpg

FYI the population of Bam is around 70 thousand. That actually makes it smaller than my village by around 30 thousand. But we don't have anything nearly as cool as the Bam fortress.

One last note and then I'll shut up: the pictures you see are old Bam. As you can tell, it does not look like it can fit 70 thousand people. That's because there is also a newer, c.rappier part of town, which lie outside the historic fortified walls. It's the same for any old walled city. You have the old (good) part, and the new (stupid) part. I won't bother showing pictures of the new part because it's typical third world garbage nonsense.