Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What's the purpose of Dua if World is created for testing peoples.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

S.A. There are many different ways we can say the purpose of mankind Like : Finding GOD, Worship God, Emaan of Akhirat etc

But mostly its is said the world is created to test peoples who stands strongly on the path of good.

My humble question is Whats the purpose of Dua then if the man is created for test.

In the examination Hall of in our school time no one was allowed to ask the help from the teacher. and its is also unfair to ask the help on the time of exam. If we ask help from Allah swt he will give us everything what is required to Najat, then whats the purpose of testing.

Pls explane me it a little if you really understood this thing.

W.S.

• Advanced Member
13 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Making dua shows that we believe in Allah, worship Him and seek His help.

Respected Mam, what I have come to know dua is not just to show the believe, Dua is really made to be approved. Who ever ask Allah swt good thing from heart Allah listens that and fulfil that.
But I found my answer in your comment. The answer what I am getting is : If Allah swt has created all man on the same standard of Aqal o paiman, he would have removed the dua facility. Since every one does not have enough paper or pen in the examination hall he can ask for b copy etc.

But Post is still open looking for appropriate answer.

• Moderators

Salam, 

This duniya indeed is a place of test but we would not be able to bear the hardships and difficulties involved in the test were it not for Allah's help. For that, we need to do dua, call to Allah for help and guidance so were are able to find a way out of the difficulties without straying from the right path. 

And (mention) Dhun Nun, when he went off in anger and deemed that We had no power over him, but he cried out in the darkness, saying: There is no God save Thee. Be Thou glorified! I have been a wrong-doer. Quran 21:87

Making a dua is a test in itself. Humans are easily overcome by pride and arrogance. So much so that in times of adversity, their ego and pride makes them believe that they will be able to overcome the hardships on their own without needing divine help. So to make ourselves bow down, in front of our Creator is a test too. 

Then what if the dua doesn't get fulfilled, because not all of them do. That's another test. Those with weak Iman often turn away from Allah, some of those start questioning the existence and extent of Allah's domain. Only the ones who have a strong faith  wait patiently keep looking to Allah for help even if the duas aren't immediately answered, and even if they are never answered they accept it and submit themselves to Allah's will. 

And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah ] Quran 2:45

So yes everything in this duniya is a test including making dua.

Hope this helps.

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, starlight said:

Making a dua is a test in itself. Humans are easily overcome by pride and arrogance. So much so that in times of adversity, their ego and pride makes them believe that they will be able to overcome the hardships on their own without needing divine help. So to make ourselves bow down, in front of our Creator is a test too. 

Jazakallah Borther, Totally satisfied. May Allah forgive all your sins.