Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
5a49

Blindfolded Muslim In Paris With Sign

Rate this topic

Salam/Shalom/Peace John Al-Ameli,

Beautiful :)

Most Muslims are kind and good people, same as most Christians are kind and good people.

Muhammad and his followers however killed, enslaved, and expelled people who did not submit to Muhammad's leadership, once Muslims became powerful. So, while it's nice that he's trying to say that Islam prohibits killing people, that's not what the Qur'an says nor is it the sunnah of Muhammad. If so, Muhammad and his followers would not have fought against nonbelievers.

The Qur'an does have verses that tell Muslims to fight Non-believers. The following is one such example:

Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the religion of truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low. And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they! - 9:29-30 (Picktall)

Anyways, may God help Muslims and Christians to obey Jesus Christ's commands to love neighbors as oneself (Matthew 22:35-40; Luke 10:25-37) and love enemies (Matthew 5:43-48; Luke 6:27-37).

May God comfort the people in France, Syria, Iraq, and around the world who have lost loved ones. May more and more humans run to God instead of away from Him. May Jesus Christ return soon!!!

Peace and God bless you, even in the midst of injustice

Most Muslims are kind and good people, same as most Christians are kind and good people.

Muhammad and his followers however killed, enslaved, and expelled people who did not submit to Muhammad's leadership, once Muslims became powerful. So, while it's nice that he's trying to say that Islam prohibits killing people, that's not what the Qur'an says nor is it the sunnah of Muhammad. If so, Muhammad and his followers would not have fought against nonbelievers.

The Qur'an does have verses that tell Muslims to fight Non-believers. The following is one such example:

Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the religion of truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low. And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they! - 9:29-30 (Picktall)

..... Yet if God had so willed, they would not have ascribed Divinity to aught besides him; hence, We have not made you their keeper, nor are you a guardian over them. (6:107)

“God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just.” (Surat al-Mumtahana, 8)

Edited by Patience101

This wahabi should go in Lebanon and try this out. 

Where does it say he's a Wahhabi, or putting on a "peaceful" face?

Is it so hard to think he's just your regular Muslim faithful making a point here about his beliefs and that of the terrorists who butchered people in the name of Islam? 

Sometimes you guys sound like total neocons in your thoughts and language about other Muslims. 

Anyways, may God help Muslims and Christians to obey Jesus Christ's commands to love neighbors as oneself (Matthew 22:35-40; Luke 10:25-37) and love enemies (Matthew 5:43-48; Luke 6:27-37).

May God comfort the people in France, Syria, Iraq, and around the world who have lost loved ones. May more and more humans run to God instead of away from Him. May Jesus Christ return soon!!!

It doesn't matter what you think about the wars conducted by caliphs (or our Prophet) in the past, muslim scholars unanimously speak against such terrorist acts because they violate the laws of a country - laws which muslims are meant to obey because citizenship in Islamic law is seen as a treaty which has to be respected.

Muslim citizens are not in a state of war with their host country, unlike caliphs with political power. ISIS claims we are in a state of war with our host countries because they are all part of a coalition bombing ISIS. Which is obviously not true (especially for us shias, who isis want to kill anyway merely for being shia).

Edited by Jahangiram

Where does it say he's a Wahhabi, or putting on a "peaceful" face?

Is it so hard to think he's just your regular Muslim faithful making a point here about his beliefs and that of the terrorists who butchered people in the name of Islam? 

Sometimes you guys sound like total neocons in your thoughts and language about other Muslims. 

Thank God you are the one who thinks in a right way. It is obvious that he is a wahabi. I bet he will go to Lebanon and Iraq and do this, not. But whites are holy and everyone should bow down to them.

Salam/Shalom/Peace Jahangiram,

It doesn't matter what you think about the wars conducted by caliphs (or our Prophet) in the past, muslim scholars unanimously speak against such terrorist acts because they violate the laws of a country - laws which muslims are meant to obey because citizenship in Islamic law is seen as a treaty which has to be respected.

Are you saying that what Muhammad and the caliphs did in fighting against unbelievers doesn't matter? Arabia was not always an islamic country. Muhammad fought unbelievers - even of his own tribe - and won, which attracted more Arab tribes to him.

Personally, I'm not very interested in what modern Muslim scholars say; they tend to be either very influenced by the Modern West or very against the Modern West.

Muhammad and his followers however did not deal with the Modern West. They dealt with the Byzantine Empire and the Persian Empire. Because of this, I am interested in what Muhammad and those who walked and talked with Muhammad did, and they did kill unbelievers who refused to submit to them, regardless of what modern Muslim scholars (many who are influenced by the modern West) say.

Muslim citizens are not in a state of war with their host country, unlike caliphs with political power.

If you are a Muslim citizen in a host country that is not Muslim-dominated, do you want that country to become Muslim-dominated? Why or why not?

The caliphs obviously wanted non-Muslim lands to become Muslim, which is why they conquered Iraq, Syria (, Armenia, Jerusalem, Egypt, North Africa, and so on. Those areas did not used to be Islamic, not until Muslims conquered those areas. Eventually, Muslims conquered the whole of the Persian Empire and much fo the Byzantine Empire, turning Constantinople into Istanbul. They also invaded Spain but were eventually driven out by the Spanish Catholics, and invaded other parts of Europe as well, including Hungary and Romania.

ISIS claims we are in a state of war with our host countries because they are all part of a coalition bombing ISIS.

Why were the caliphs in a state of war with Non-Muslim lands? Why did they conquer them? 

Which is obviously not true (especially for us shias, who isis want to kill anyway merely for being shia).

It sadly reminds me a lot of the Riddah Wars. Abu Bakr fought and killed Muslims who did not

submit to his authority, as well as Arabs who didn't want to be Muslims anymore after Muhammad died. I think it's possible that the reason why some Sunni Muslims do not accept Shia Muslims as Muslim is because Shias don't submit to the authority of a Sunni leader, much like some Muslims did not submit to Abu Bakr.

Islam includes politics, since Muhammad was a political leader and military commander. Shia Muslims also believe in having a religious political leader, correct? That is why Iran has its own spiritual leader who also is very much involved in Iran's politics? 

Peace and God bless you

It is obvious that he is a wahabi.

How? What gave that away? Do enlighten us...

And if you can't, then please stop blowing hot air.

I bet he will go to Lebanon and Iraq and do this, not.

Iraqis and Lebanese aren't calling Muslims terrorists and enemies of the world. There is no reason for anyone to put up this gesture in Muslim countries. 

How? What gave that away? Do enlighten us...

And if you can't, then please stop blowing hot air.

Iraqis and Lebanese aren't calling Muslims terrorists and enemies of the world. There is no reason for anyone to put up this gesture in Muslim countries. 

You are right. 

edit: Not to mention how humiliating this action is. 

Edited by Sheikh Voldemort

The Jews seem to have a license to kill from God in Samuel:

1 Samuel 15 : 1-3 (New International version)

Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

Jesus doesn't come across as very nice in Matthew 10 : 34-36 either:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

You and I know there are contexts and interpretations to these passages that explain them. Please let the Muslims do the same with their Scriptures and not condemn the religion because of a passage you read without studying it as they do.

Hello CL, 

Did you ever read your Bible?

Dont you see he is a wahabi, trying to make wahabism look 'peacefully'.

Khawarij seemed to be the most violent of their time while now they have good relations with sunni and shia especially the IRI.

Hello CL, 

Did you ever read your Bible?

Khawarij seemed to be the most violent of their time while now they have good relations with sunni and shia especially the IRI.

Salam/Shalom/Peace Skanderbeg,

Yes. However, the violence the children of Israel did in obedience to God's commands is before Yeshua HaMashich (Jesus Christ) came. Jesus Christ came with the new covenant that the Prophet Jeremiah foretold: (I boldened some in the passages below.)

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.  Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever." 

- Jeremiah 31:31-36

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Bible/Jeremiah31.html

While King David, the 2nd King of Israel, fought and killed the enemies of the nation of Israel, Jesus Christ commanded his followers to love their enemies (Matthew 5:43-48; Luke 6:27-37). In the time of Jesus Christ, the enemies of Israel were the Romans. The Jewish people thought that the Mashiach (Messiah) would rescue them from the Romans, but he didn't. Instead, he became the light to the Gentiles (which includes the Romans) too! :)

Peace and God bless you

And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places. - Isaiah 49:5-9

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Bible/Isaiah49.html

Peace and God bless you

Salam/Shalom/Peace LeftCoastMom,

The Jews seem to have a license to kill from God in Samuel:

1 Samuel 15 : 1-3 (New International version)

Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

Yes, God gave the Children of Israel (or as people call them today, the Jews), license to kill before Jesus Christ came.

Jesus doesn't come across as very nice in Matthew 10 : 34-36 either:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Dr. Steven Masood, an ex-Muslim who was almost killed by his own dad but miraculously rescued, understands this passage very well. Why? Because his dad believed that Masood had turned against him because he decided to follow Jesus Christ. That is how Jesus brought a "sword" - because family members have and still do sadly turn against each other when one follows Jesus Christ. While Steven Masood never desired to kill his Dad or any of his Muslim family members (but rather wants them to follow Jesus Christ too), he cannot go back to his home country of Pakistan without death threats. :(

You and I know there are contexts and interpretations to these passages that explain them. Please let the Muslims do the same with their Scriptures and not condemn the religion because of a passage you read without studying it as they do.

What Muhammad and his followers did is important to me in understanding Islam. To many Muslims, what Muhammad and his followers did is important to them.

Peace and God bless you

This is about Jesus.

Hello Skanderbeg,

Did Jesus do that to the Romans who were oppressing his people, the Children of Israel?

One reason why many Jewish people did not believe that Jesus is the Christ is because he didn't rescue the nation of Israel from the Roman Empire. However, God's plan was to include Gentiles as well, and if the Jews were fighting the Gentiles, how could they become one? Jesus' commands to love enemies allowed his Jewish followers to accept Gentiles (including Romans) as brothers and sisters. :)

Jesus will fulfill Revelation 19:21 when he returns and fulfills the rest of the Messianic promises that God gave to the Children of Israel, and yes that includes destroying his people's enemies (Psalm 2).

However, that does not negate the very important command Jesus gave to his followers to love their enemies. Jesus Christ hasn't returned yet, and when he returns, he doesn't need any human's help to kill his enemies.

Peace and God bess you

Edited by Christianlady

Salam/Shalom/Peace Jahangiram,

Are you saying that what Muhammad and the caliphs did in fighting against unbelievers doesn't matter? Arabia was not always an islamic country. Muhammad fought unbelievers - even of his own tribe - and won, which attracted more Arab tribes to him. 

Yes that's what im saying, because this thread is about muslims living in a non-muslim country like Paris, not muslims engaged in warfare like the caliphs.

Personally, I'm not very interested in what modern Muslim scholars say; they tend to be either very influenced by the Modern West or very against the Modern West.

I agree, im giving you the opinions of medieval scholars of both the sunni and shia sect.

من دخل إلى أرض العدو بأمان ، لم يخنهم في مالهم ،...

وأما خيانتهم ، فمحرمة ; لأنهم إنما أعطوه الأمان مشروطا بتركه خيانتهم ، وأمنه إياهم من نفسه ، وإن لم يكن ذلك مذكورا في اللفظ ، فهو معلوم في المعنى ، ولذلك من جاءنا منهم بأمان ، فخاننا ، كان ناقضا لعهده . فإذا ثبت هذا ، لم تحل له خيانتهم ، لأنه غدر ، ولا يصلح في ديننا الغدر ، وقد قال النبي { صلى الله عليه وسلم : المسلمون عند شروطهم } . فإن خانهم ، أو سرق منهم ، أو اقترض شيئا وجب عليه رد ما أخذ إلى أربابه ، .

"Whoever enters the land of the enemy safely, he shouldn't be treacherous with their property, nor should he deal in usury with them...

...And as for treachery, it is forbidden ; because they (the non-muslims) have given him safety on the condition that he doesn't betray them, and guarantess them peace from himself, even if such a thing isn't mentioned by words, for it is clearly implied. For this reason whoever comes to us from them in security, then becomes treacherous, he has broken his promise. If such a thing is confirmed (i.e secure passage), it is forbidden to betray them, because it is treachery, and treachery is irreconcilable in our religion, for the Prophet (pbuh) said : 'Muslims are bound by their conditions'. So if he betrays them, or steals from them, or borrows anything it is incumbent on him to return what he took to its owner." - Ibn Qudamah, Al-Mughni, vol. 9

Muhammad and his followers however did not deal with the Modern West. They dealt with the Byzantine Empire and the Persian Empire. Because of this, I am interested in what Muhammad and those who walked and talked with Muhammad did, and they did kill unbelievers who refused to submit to them, regardless of what modern Muslim scholars (many who are influenced by the modern West) say.

Edited by Jahangiram

ChristianLady:

Yes, God gave the Children of Israel (or as people call them today, the Jews), license to kill before Jesus Christ came.

Dr. Steven Masood, an ex-Muslim who was almost killed by his own dad but miraculously rescued, understands this passage very well. Why? Because his dad believed that Masood had turned against him because he decided to follow Jesus Christ. That is how Jesus brought a "sword" - because family members have and still do sadly turn against each other when one follows Jesus Christ. While Steven Masood never desired to kill his Dad or any of his Muslim family members (but rather wants them to follow Jesus Christ too), he cannot go back to his home country of Pakistan without death threats. :(

Edited by LeftCoastMom

A Muslim man hugging women? Is that allowed? I think not.

Not every Muslim follows Islam in every jurisprudential matter, regardless of the issue, it was a strong message.

But before you fall into judging others, are you infallible yourself, do you call yourself a Muslim because you fulfill every little jurisprudential issue, maybe if we ask people around you, they will say otherwise, but it is easy to sit online, acting like an Infallible Imam judging others.

Dont you see he is a wahabi, trying to make wahabism look 'peacefully'.

This wahabi should go in Lebanon and try this out. 

إن بعد الظن إثم 

Before you throw out judgements and act smart convincing others. Without concrete proof, you either are a person doing fitna or a gullible brainwashed person. 

Least I know the guy can be a Shia Muslim.