Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
roya1b100d

Shia Dream Interpretation?

Rate this topic

Do sunni's believe in dreams as well? Is it a general Islam thing?

But mainly I want to ask how this is viewed in Shia Islam. In Orthodox Christianity I'm told to stay away from dream stuff because it could be demonic, how are dreams in Islam treated? What If it is demonic?

Edited by roya1b100d

Salams 

As I understand it, there is no such thing as "stay away from dreams because they could be demonic" in Islam. Instead we are recommended to seek God's refuge from all evil if we wake up after seeing a terrifying dream. Regarding dream interpretation, certain scholars have written books in which they rely on sayings of the Holy Prophet (Shias consider sayings of their Imams equally valuable) to understand the meaning of a dream. It is however my personal observation that many dreams cannot be interpreted by merely relying on those sources. While we can get hints such as knowing the meaning of common things such as seeing animals, falling teeth, flying in the sky e.t.c the deeper meaning of your dream may depend on the context and on your state of mind (relaxed, terrified, stressed, e.t.c) in the dream and after you wake up. 

Dreams are a reflection of your state of mind. For example, when you are stressed or your body hormones are out of balance you will see random meaningless dreams (for example when you over eat or watch a horror movie or your body or mind is over tired). But when your inner self is at peace you may see dreams that are meaningful. Meaningful dreams are related to your subconscious. At times you can get a hint from them. For example, below is the dream I saw when my Grandfather died: 

I saw that someone with a very small height (2-3 feet tall) knocked our door. I went to the door. The person was standing in grief, face down. I asked him who he was but he was quiet and sad and it was as if he wanted to say something but didn't have the courage to say so. I asked him a couple of times and then I got frustrated and angry. Then my father woke me up with the news that my grandfather had passed away. 

السلام عليكم 

But mainly I want to ask how this is viewed in Shia Islam. In Orthodox Christianity I'm told to stay away from dream stuff because it could be demonic, how are dreams in Islam treated? What If it is demonic?

A post I made not long ago might be of benefit [link].

Edited by Jaafar Al-Shibli

Assalaamualeykum,

Please visit this link for more hadeeth on Dreams in Shiite point of view

http://discovershiaislam.blogspot.in/2014/02/soul-dreams-and-interpretation.html

Wa aleykumsalaam

Asalamualaikum abbas, my cousin had a dream in which she was on some sort of station, waiting for a train to come standing next to my grandfather, she asked him daa daa(how you say grandfather in my language) where are you going, he just said i am going somewhere ,just somewhere.then she woke up and found out our grandfather has passed away.