Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Interview The Person Below

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only four?  :( Well, hm. You. Marbles. Tonks. Could Herz and Pond count as one person?  :lol: But four are too less, there are so many wonderful users on SC I could name, right now, whom I would love

the support I've long received from my friends on here what do you hate about ShiaChat?

Salaamun alaykum! This is pretty straight forward. You pose a question and the person who posts next replies and posts another question ... What is the one thing that makes you happy every s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Khurasani said:

What's your favourite animal?

A year ago I would have said cats. But they aren’t too friendly. 

I love small dogs—the ones that don’t slobber all over you. They are so cute and so affectionate. dogs are just like any other animal, with the exception of their saliva being unclean, but cats are even dirtier, IMO. 

What’s your favorite book and what did you like about it? The prose, dialogue, or the characters? 

• Development Team
11 minutes ago, Caroling said:

A year ago I would have said cats. But they aren’t too friendly.

You never met my cat, easily the most friendly and affectionate animal I have ever met.

13 minutes ago, Caroling said:

What’s your favorite book and what did you like about it? The prose, dialogue, or the characters?

Probably East of Eden, epic prose, full of pathos, imagery and allusions to the story of Habil and Qabil.

• Development Team
5 hours ago, Caroling said:

Just started reading “The Revolution of Marina M” by Janet Fitch. It’s historical fiction. Do you have Goodreads

No but I am familiar and aware of Goodreads. I did breeze through a couple of short stories involving Venus recently, In the Walls of Eryx by H.P. Lovecraft, plus The Long Rain and All Summer in a Day, both by Ray Bradbury. I kind of imagined all three becoming some of a horror movie script for a lost Venusian colony.

Do you read short stories or science fiction?

8 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

he Walls of Eryx by H.P. Lovecraft, plus The Long Rain and All Summer in a Day, both by Ray Bradbury. I kind of imagined all three becoming

I should check them out. I have a collection of short stories by Ray Bradbury called “Shadow Show”. 

I read short stories. Not so much science fiction. I love Daniel Woodrell’s short stories, “The Outlaw Album”—read it recently. It was pretty good. 

Have you read White Oleander? 

48 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I don't think so, no. What's the book about?

Also, what is your favorite genre of literature?

It’s about a girl named Astrid and what happens to her in foster care while her mom is in prison. It was made into a film adaption a while ago. The writing is so poetic, moving, and beautiful.

My favorite genre is Literary fiction (if you could call it a genre). I read mostly for the writing and not so much the plot or characters. What’s your favorite genre?

• Development Team
20 hours ago, Caroling said:

@Gaius I. Caesar

Here are some quotes from the book:

f94444ac4d03579508ade4b5dd4c533a.png

image.jpeg.927fa1cd674958d50276482c50b19f36.jpeg

image.png.af7e7e022f399fa533cd62829647ece7.png

image.jpeg.0dcb2f8a2b261727ae54219703dc0fe8.jpegimage.jpeg.2394f4175782fa06688260203bc228f5.jpeg

Seems interesting, if a bit flowery.

22 hours ago, Caroling said:

My favorite genre is Literary fiction (if you could call it a genre). I read mostly for the writing and not so much the plot or characters. What’s your favorite genre?

It took me a while to answer this question, and even then I'm still not certain but I am fond of both historical fiction and non-fiction, alternative/alternate historical fiction and getting a taste for cosmic horror.