Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
starlight

If You Could Go Back In Time

Rate this topic

"One only dies once, and if one does not die well, a good opportunity is lost and will not present itself again.”  

-Jose Rizal (letter to Mariano Ponce, 1890), Noli Me Tangere, pg. 10.

The catastrophe of misusing time, that which was idle, and will not return. 

Edited by Jaafar Al-Shibli

What about the event of Karbala? does that count? But there again, if saqeefa was prevented, then Karbala would have not happened.

I knew someone was going to give this answer :) 

you can prevent only one, what would it be Saqifa or Karbala?

I'm going to have to go trivial with this because eveytime i think of serious answer i get conflicting thoughts. I would...

Go back to 1975 and convince Steven Spielberg to ditch the animatronic shark. He gets away with the shot where it lurches at Chief Brody while he's shovelling chum, but the bit where it leaps up onto the boat and starts munching on Quint ends the films for me.

sighh, whatever had happened in the past with saqeefa had happened, the truth is Allah knows best, perhaps even if saqeefa may not have happened something else ,perhaps worse could have happened who know only Allah knows, after all the imam were of the highest authority in the world, yet, their enemies did nottry to leave them alone ,why may it not have happened otherwise even if karbala did not happen, yes its true i would also prevent things which happened to me, but at the end of the day, i understand they were for my best.if it were not for karbala ,a tragedy a horrible tragedy , our holy personalities they may have cried yes, but they never regretted going in to karbala, the thing here is they not only proved themselves to Allah, but they proved their innocence to us,after all, it happened ,karbala happened, but they fought themselves for the sake of Allah, as all great prophets had to face hardtimes and fought for Allah, and today, they are worth mentioning, they are worth speaking of, worth respecting, karbala made millions of people, respect these holy personalities.althought however saying this, i understand there are times a person evn someone like myself may wish for things to have been prevented or not happened.,at least the good thing here is we are all alive, we are not stopped from saying Alhumdulillah, or repenting to God, a person who may have died unlawfull, they are the persons to whom this question should be asked to, but we have the best of opportunities from Allah, but this is a reminder to my heart first and formst, i hope i can follow it myself.

But I repented. My past was dark, truly, but now I am a different man, but still without a nose.

May Allah guide you back to sirat al mustaqeem inshaAllah Voldemort. maybe you should have done nikkah with Bellatrix and it would have chilled both of you psychos out

May Allah guide you back to sirat al mustaqeem inshaAllah Voldemort. maybe you should have done nikkah with Bellatrix and it would have chilled both of you psychos out

Amen. She wasn't on the same rank as I so I wasn't interested in her at all. But thanks. Now its all fine. 

I would be selfish and aim to amend a personal catastrophe. Confident that if the Lord God permitted a general one in the first place, it must be for some end above my own small reasoning. While the personal disaster was my fault alone.

I would go back to the evening of June 15th 2014, Flinders Street Railway Station, platform I forget but would find itand kiss her.

Amen. She wasn't on the same rank as I so I wasn't interested in her at all. But thanks. Now its all fine.

You might wanna give it another thought. How many women do you think would be okay with marrying a 'nose-less' man??

Or maybe start saving up for a nosejob? :d

Edited by starlight

You might wanna give it another thought. How many women do you think would be okay with marrying a 'nose-less' man??

Or maybe start saving up for a nosejob? :D

But she is dead.... :(

No way. How many sheiks you have without a nose? I better stay like this, unique.

Edited by Sheikh Voldemort

I would Prevent my uncle from going to Makkah for hajj and becoming shaheed!!

May Allah bless him with a place in Jannah, I can feel for you but isn't this a good way to go? Dying while on a holy pilgrimage?

May Allah bless him with a place in Jannah, I can feel for you but isn't this a good way to go? Dying while on a holy pilgrimage?

Yes of course..but u know ...it's hard.

Thanks for ur duas..amen!

Is this related to the recent stampede in hajj where scores were killed?

Yes it is.