Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shia Mut'ah Does Not Exist In Qur'an

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

AlKhidr I do not think you understand that shia are not choosing mutah over "regular" nikkah.

Nikkah for life is obviously preferred.

however IF a situation arises when permanent nikkah is IMPOSSIBLE, we do nikkah mutah instead.

No one is saying go out and do as many mutah as you can as quickly as you can.

An example of this is if an unmarried woman wishes to go on hajj but does not have a male guardian, she can do a temporary mutah with a man - and set the condition beforehand that he is not permitted to touch her etc - for the duration of her hajj. this way she can perform hajj. If nikkah was her only option, then under the laws of nikkah she could not refuse her "husband" to have sex with her.

another example is if a man knows he will be working only for a year in a foreign country and will not have the means to either settle there permanently, or marry and bring his wife back to his original country, what is he meant to do? do a nikkah and break the girls heart in a year?

no, everyone has sexual urges, and masturbation is obviously haram, so what option is left?

it is far better (and healthier) for him to do a mutah for the duration of the stay in the foreign country, and be up front from the start that he cannot marry for life, so the girl has no unfair expectations and dreams and hopes.

Salaam DigitalUmmah

You said that Nikah for life is obviously preferred but what you have to understand is that Allah in the Qur'aan has never given any other forms of nikah like Mut'ah as an option.  Mut'ah is not a system of nikah created by Allah.  The Shia mut'ah (temporary marriage) has never been authorized by Allah so a sect in Islaam cannot arbitrarily innovate something like that in Islaam.

"however IF a situation arises when permanent nikkah is IMPOSSIBLE, we do nikkah mutah instead"

But Allah does not give us this option in the Qur'aan at all, period and this is why its an innovation.

"it is far better (and healthier) for him to do a mutah for the duration of the stay in the foreign country"

This is playing games with your deen.  It would be spiritually damaging to your soul if you practice mut'ah for the simple fact that Allah has never prescribed this in our Deen which would make mut'ah haraam.  What you need to do is exercise discipline until Allah put you in a situation out of His Bounty for you to get married.  It is important for you to understand that since mut'ah is not in the Qur'aan, this makes all your points invalid.

• Advanced Member

Salaam DigitalUmmah

You said that Nikah for life is obviously preferred but what you have to understand is that Allah in the Qur'aan has never given any other forms of nikah like Mut'ah as an option.  Mut'ah is not a system of nikah created by Allah.  The Shia mut'ah (temporary marriage) has never been authorized by Allah so a sect in Islaam cannot arbitrarily innovate something like that in Islaam.

"however IF a situation arises when permanent nikkah is IMPOSSIBLE, we do nikkah mutah instead"

But Allah does not give us this option in the Qur'aan at all, period and this is why its an innovation.

"it is far better (and healthier) for him to do a mutah for the duration of the stay in the foreign country"

This is playing games with your deen.  It would be spiritually damaging to your soul if you practice mut'ah for the simple fact that Allah has never prescribed this in our Deen which would make mut'ah haraam.  What you need to do is exercise discipline until Allah put you in a situation out of His Bounty for you to get married.  It is important for you to understand that since mut'ah is not in the Qur'aan, this makes all your points invalid.

According to Alkhidr, mutah doesn't exist in the Qur'an.

Khidr, I always picture you as your icon, maybe that is why you cannot read 

• Veteran Member

Learning islam from AlKhidr is like trying to learn the judaism from Hitler.

Remember first we have to get you to accept the infallibility of the Prophet (you already accept he is sinless, so now we need you to take 1 more step). Then we get you to say the shahada and only then should we discuss/teach you the practices of Islam.

• Veteran Member

I am sure some of you must have been wondering why I kept asking AK to tell me what translation of the Quran to use and he continuously buck danced and shuffled his way out of giving me an answer. The links he gave for salat confirmed my suspicions about him that he is nothing but a follower of the false prophet Rashid Khalifa.

Khalifa said that he was a messenger of God and that the archangel Gabriel "most assertively" told him that chapter 36, verse 3, of the Quran, "specifically" referred to him. His followers refer to him as God's Messenger of the Covenant. He promoted a strict monotheism and was a prominent Quranist, rejecting the hadith and sunnah as fabrications attributed to Muhammad by later scholars. He declared that he is the messenger of the covenant , Messenger of the Covenant, prophesied in the Quran in 3:81. He presented a lengthy document with proofs of his messengership from the Quran. He defended the fact that the Prophet Muhammed was the LAST Prophet according to the Quran but not the LAST messenger, also according to the Quran, see 33:40. He emphasized the fact that God is teaching us that, the Prophet Muhammed was one of the prophets who took the covenant mentioned in 3:81. The Prophet Muhammed took it along with the other prophets as per 33:7. Dr. Khalifa put the proofs of his messengership in the appendix of his translation of the Quran for those who would seek such proofs.

He wrote that the Quran contains a mathematical structure based on the number 19 and made the controversial claim that the last two verses of chapter nine in the Quran were not canonical, telling his followers to reject them.[8] His two-fold reasoning was that the verses, in addition to disrupting an otherwise flawless nineteen-based pattern, were sacrilegious inasmuch as they appeared to endorse worship of Mohammed. Starting in 1968, Khalifa used computers to analyze the frequency of letters and words in the Quran. In 1974, he claimed that he had discovered a mathematical code in the text of the Qur'an involving the number 19. The details of this analysis are available in his book, Quran, the Final Testament.

So now you know why he does not want acknowledged the infallibility of Muhammad saw as it impacts his own messenger namely Rashid Khalifa. And of course if RK does not believe in the perfection of the Quran then neither does AK and yet here he is trying to us Islam.

In honor of Rashid Khalifa, I too did some calculations on the number 19 and came up this:

01) Number of letters in "Muhammad Rasool Allah": 19
02) Number of letters in reference to the Prophet teaching us the Book and wisdom in 2.151 (وَيُعَلِّمُكُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ) is equal to 19
03) square root of Ayah Mubahila 361 = 19
04) The following went to Mubahila (محمد  علي  فاطمة  حسن  حسين). The letters in their names added up to: 19
05) Ayah Muwaddat is Surah 42 verse 23. 42 minus 23 = 19
06) Number of character in (أمير المؤمنين علي مولى) is 19
07) Characters in "Fatimah bint Muhammad" is 19
08) Characters in names of other imams (علي محمد جعفر موسى علي محمد علي حسن محمد-المهدي) is 38 / 2 = 19
09) Birthdate of Imam Hasan is 28 Feb 625 and 282625 / 14875 = 19
10) Birthdate of Imam Hussain is 8 Jan 626 and 3 Shaban 4AH. 8 + 1 + 6 + 2 + 6 + 3 + 8 + 4 = 38/2 = 19 
11) Number of characters in (أبا عبد الله حسين بن علي) is 19
12) Number of days from Mecca to Kerbala on Camel: 19
13) Number of Bani Hashim that died in Kerbala (including Muslim bin Aqeel): 19
14) Date Imam Mehdi became Imam 8 Rabi-ul-Awal 260 AH so 8 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 0 = 19
15) Number of people who will understand this: 19
16) Number of people who will not understand this: ∞ - 19
17) Hours it took to come up with this list: 19
18) Days I have been waiting to post this: 19
19) If you don’t agree with any of the above, at least know that today is Nov 19.

AK - Do you consider yourself a messenger too? You say Muhammad was to only deliver the Quran and not teach it (you should read 2.151) but you are teaching us so that must mean you think of yourself as a messenger.

Based on the 19-list above, am I a messenger? do I get concubines? What are the benefits?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

Assalamua'alaikum,

I'm sunni syafi girl, and my fiancee is shia jafari. We already talk about this mut'a nikah..and my fiancee said it haram and bad thing. My fiancee from Afghanistan, he always told me to make research about shia and discuss together. Now i began to read more about mut'a nikah. The more i read, the more i'm worry and uncomfortable. I'm so worry now. I feel to cry. Help me

• Basic Members

I still worry.stiillll worry. We always argue when discuss about shia sunni issue. But when it come about this issue, he agree with me. And i still doubt, because from i read, all shia approve mut'a marry. Or there some shia's againt this mut'a? Someone please inform me.

• Forum Administrators
16 minutes ago, syu said:

And i still doubt, because from i read, all shia approve mut'a marry.

But if you two don't have a mutah contract there is nothing for you to worry about!

There is, of course, the wider issue of the fact that the two of you are only engaged, a status that has no value in Islam. This is supposed to be the honeymoon period. Yet your disputes are characteristic of a wedded couple, I do hope there is no jiggery-pokery going on.

• Basic Members

What? Charactheristic of wedded couple?we live far away from each other, across country, never meet. The only thing make us closer is when we discuss about some issue, political, religion, economic, and this mut'a nikah is one of argument in shia sunni. Now, i feel relief there are some shia people reject mut'a nikah and dont have to say good bye. Because it difficult and painful. Tq

• Moderators
On 12/17/2015 at 3:01 AM, syu said:

I still worry.stiillll worry. We always argue when discuss about shia sunni issue. But when it come about this issue, he agree with me. And i still doubt, because from i read, all shia approve mut'a marry. Or there some shia's againt this mut'a? Someone please inform me.

Shouldn't you be more concerned about the arguments you have with him over the shia sunni beliefs? Mutah is one thing on which you share your views with him and you are worried more about this....hmmmm

Edited by starlight
  • Basic Members

Respected Sister:

Just because somebody says something Haram and Halal that doesnt make it so. Islam is not the name to follow some whim and fancies its about to follow the Direction of Allah (swt) shown by Rasul Allah(saws).

As for Mutah it's not forbidden and was even allowed during Rasul Allah Lifetime.

• Forum Administrators
23 minutes ago, syu said:

Now, i feel relief there are some shia people reject mut'a nikah and dont have to say good bye.

What other Shias believe is fairly immaterial, IMHO. You marrying him and not everyone else. If the two of you believe that your faith is fairly important to you, there'll be no end of issues that could cause problems.

If you want an idea, look at the other threads on the board you have posted this thread.

IMHO the only way this marriage works is if one or both of you don't consider religion to be that important.

• Moderators
On 12/17/2015 at 4:31 AM, syu said:

Now, i feel relief there are some shia people reject mut'a nikah and dont have to say good bye. Because it difficult and painful. Tq

And i don't know any shias who reject the concept of Mutah, if that is what you meant by 'shia people rejecting mutah',but yes there are some people who are not comfortable with contracting it for one or other personal reason.

just to give you a little more information:

- a virgin girl cannot do mutah without her father/guardian's permission

- Mutah doesn't necessarily mean a physical relationship, A couple can be in mutah without having a sexual relations. the woman can make a condition at the time of nikkah stating this. 

- It can be contracted even when the objective isn't sexual pleasure.

• Basic Members
12 minutes ago, starlight said:

And i don't know any shias who reject the concept of Mutah, if that is what you meant by 'shia people rejecting mutah',but yes there are some people who are not comfortable with contracting it for one or other personal reason.

No, i also dont know either..and i also still learn about shia. I just start to join this forum today. Because i want to know from perspective of other people, not just him. Thankyou

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, syu said:

No, i also dont know either..and i also still learn about shia. I just start to join this forum today. Because i want to know from perspective of other people, not just him. Thankyou

The person who started this topic (Al-Khidr) was proven to be a kafir because he did not believe in Prophet Muhammad as the final prophet but followed the fake prophet Rashid Khalifa. There are plenty of other discussion topics about mutah on this site.

• Advanced Member

Mut'ah (temporary marriage) is another false Shia innovation in Islaam which has no foundation in Al Qur'aan

This quote does an amazing job at identifying the type of person, debater, and thinker that AlKhidr is (with all due respect). In one sentence, he demonstrates to his readers the type of arrogance that such 'thinkers' possess. He begins his debate with his own conclusion, stating it as a fact, thereby self-proclaiming to be an authority on the subject, and implying that he has either considered all of the relevant research, analyses, and debates - amounting to centuries worth of writings - and that he possesses the necessary intellect to dissect, process, and evaluate the data, as well as the unbiased clarity-of-mind to make a well-grounded judgement on the matter, or that his methodology of analysis is the single correct approach, thereby evading the need to even consider all of the work that has already been put into researching this topic over the decades. Of course, arrogance is hardly perceived as a negative character trait by a 'takfiri' (and please see my explanation below for what I'm referring to when I use the word 'takfiri' - certainly not a particular sect in Islam or any other creed). There are an array of ways that we can respond to such individuals: 

1. We can respectfully invite them to a debate founded on common grounds - whatever those common grounds are. The problem is that individuals who lack humility and regard for the sanctity of others' beliefs (regardless of how foreign and absurd those beliefs may seem on the surface) are typically (not necessarily always - احتياطاً) individuals who lack the depth of thought and the insight necessary to engage in a meaningful and potentially fruitful debate. This is precisely what Shiaman14 demonstrated for us. In other words, you probably won't get very far, but at least you'll have demonstrated your willingness to open up your beliefs for scrutiny and possess the confidence that you can defend your point of view logically. It's never our goal to convince them that they're wrong, but to show that our point of view (which we do not impose on anyone) is NOT based on perversions or ill-intentions (as AlKhidr claims in the first paragraph of his piece). Thank you Shiaman14 for that!
  2. We can ignore them, but many times this approach is counter-productive as it can be falsely interpreted as the inability to discredit their flawed reasoning. 
  3. We can join them and be equally as arrogant, hateful, and offensive, thereby polluting the beauty of Ahlul-Bayt's approach to dialogue. This is obviously one of the worse things we can do. 
  4. We can take a step back and identify the underlying flaws in not only their argument itself, but in their outlook on life and their worldview as a whole. Doing this (in my humble opinion) allows us to more cleverly identify when such individuals are worth responding to (directly) and when it is more beneficial to let their self-evident ignorance, hatred, and destructive way of thinking reveal itself, thus automatically discrediting the argument they're trying to make.

Ultimately, it is our job to uphold the values that make us who we believe to be: humble, respectful, tolerant, and in pursuit of a healthy way of life (as individuals and as a community), acknowledging that we may be looking at things the wrong way in many cases, but to the best of our ability, our approach is grounded in reason and is based on a world-view that we think is consistent with the religion. This is for members of our own communities to see, and for those from the outside to witness. AlKhidr and others like him are actually perfect candidates for us to use in order to demonstrate to the world what we're really up against. The type of hatred, ignorance, lack of insight, arrogance, and short-sighted conduct that is prevalent in our part of the world. We should always welcome them in these forums, as they serve a VERY beneficial cause for us...

Takfiri: an individual (or group) that is so comfortable stepping outside the bounds of humility, self-criticism, and self-correction, that he/she feels justified in not only questioning the beliefs and practices of others (which is already sort of an inappropriate behavior), but passing judgement on them, accusing their motives, attacking them, and in some cases justifying harming them, before even considering their perspective.

Edited by jonrhaider
  • Veteran Member
On 12/19/2015 at 2:39 PM, jonrhaider said:
  1. We can respectfully invite them to a debate founded on common grounds - whatever those common grounds are. The problem is that individuals who lack humility and regard for the sanctity of others' beliefs (regardless of how foreign and absurd those beliefs may seem on the surface) are typically (not necessarily always - احتياطاً) individuals who lack the depth of thought and the insight necessary to engage in a meaningful and potentially fruitful debate. This is precisely what Shiaman14 demonstrated for us. In other words, you probably won't get very far, but at least you'll have demonstrated your willingness to open up your beliefs for scrutiny and possess the confidence that you can defend your point of view logically. It's never our goal to convince them that they're wrong, but to show that our point of view (which we do not impose on anyone) is NOT based on perversions or ill-intentions (as AlKhidr claims in the first paragraph of his piece). Thank you Shiaman14 for that!

Thank you brother. 

Most of the time, we are on the defensive trying to explain our beliefs when we don't have to explain anything to anyone. We follow the Quran and the Ahlulbayt so really we should be questioning everyone else on why they don't.  However, discussions are good and beneficial when the intent is right.

Alhumdulillah this guy was proven to be a follower of the fake prophet Rashid Khalifa and once exposed, he has not returned.