In the Name of God بسم الله

Over 30's Club

Rate this topic

peace seeker II

salam alaikum

this is an attempt to gather together the more senior members on shiachat, so that we can communicate and also so others may know who deserves seniority respect  :D

i know that gypsy, mohammad ali, :sami, and starlight are above 30 if i remember correctly ( i might have forgotten some ), but who else? let us gain the respect we deserve!

i'm 35 according to the gregorian callendar, and a bit older in hijri .. alhamdulilah. about to reach my 40!! exciting alhamdulilah

the secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasmAldous Huxley

nice to know you all are in the same age league as me. im sure we all understand each other extra well :) i also have some grey hair and stuff. 

Alhamdulillah it turned grey rather than gone! ;)

I suppose that would make life easier since I've been shaving my head for like 20 years anyway, but what can you do?

• Advanced Member

I am in my 30s. I heard somewhere that Allah only gives guidence to people until the age of 40. Since I turned 30, I have felt like I entered a spiritual boot-camp. I have noticed this in other peoples' lives also. They go through problems in their 30s. I am looking forward to the day I turn 40, hoping that I will get out of this boot camp.

• Veteran Member

I visited my barber a couple of days ago to have my wild beard mowed. He told me I had a white hair sticking out the left cheek through the piliform jungle. That's when I knew I have joined the 30s club. 

So you can count me in.

i got my first white hair identified by a person in class when was 17 .. but the part i like the most is white hairs in my bear :) can't help think it looks so attractive alhamdulilah .. 

am i the only one, or do you all feel that you got stronger physically and mentally since you hit 30?

i read a hadith saying that certain sins God only forgives if we are under 40. that gives me hope, but a bit scared as well about the next decade of my life.

• Advanced Member

How shameful. I'm part of the club but I know I act like a 11 years old at times. -_-

We have a proverb in Turkish which says that we are with 60 like we were with 6...the main personality doesn't change. Edited by mina313

• Advanced Member

i got my first white hair identified by a person in class when was 17 .. but the part i like the most is white hairs in my bear :) can't help think it looks so attractive alhamdulilah .. 

am i the only one, or do you all feel that you got stronger physically and mentally since you hit 30?

i read a hadith saying that certain sins God only forgives if we are under 40. that gives me hope, but a bit scared as well about the next decade of my life.

what sins are those? 

• Advanced Member

what sins are those? 

i don't know .. but i'm kind of scared of that. yet at the same time excited to be a full man in sha Allah.

don't be afraid. according to quran and narrations, absolutely nothing is unforgivable with repentance (towba), and anything other than shirk is forgivable (if god wishes) even without towba. this is according to quran and sunna, though i have my own views.

wslm.

wasalaam Einstein,

thanks for encouragement brother, 

the day i turned 30 my grandfather passed away. so 30 was also a shock for me. definitely something changed me.

i'm honored to know all these people on this thread are in their 30's .. or above. i wonder how many active people are above 40, or even 50 ..

btw .. i know that the white hairs in my beard are good looking because my wife loves them :)