Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
roya1b100d

Prayers In Front Of Christian Icons?

Rate this topic

Is it bad I want to pray to Allah in front of my Christian icons? I do still feel someone upset of not using the beautiful imagery. Do Shi'a pray in front of images if Hussain, Mahdi, Jesus, Ali, etc.?

Edited by roya1b100d

I would highly recommend against this, even though your heart may not be committing shirk, the act is borderline shirk, which is one of the worst sins. I understand it may be difficult to leave your Christian identity behind, but remember, at the end of the day, all you need is Allah swt.

I think if you truly want to be a Muslim you should probably learn to pray according to their customs. I'm curious...do you have anyone helping you with this transition? Might be easier with some form of community to explain and share with you.

It earns the displeasure of God to pray infront of an image. If one really has to as example if it is the only place of prayer available then should cover them up

Is it bad I want to pray to Allah in front of my Christian icons? I do still feel someone upset of not using the beautiful imagery. Do Shi'a pray in front of images if Hussain, Mahdi, Jesus, Ali, etc.?

Don't get me wrong, the Byzantine art is indeed beautiful but by praying in front of icons, you are doing something that's haram; Unlike the Orthodoxy, praying in front of icons is akin to setting up partners with Allah and a violation of the Tawhid of Allah. I'm with Pond on this one, do not pray in front of your icons.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

I think if you truly want to be a Muslim you should probably learn to pray according to their customs. I'm curious...do you have anyone helping you with this transition? Might be easier with some form of community to explain and share with you.

No I don't. I have contact information with some Muslims that are Shia in my area but never get back to me or talk to me (I assume being busy) but the closest Shia mosque is kinda far on public transportation (no car) I have one very close to me that is Sunni though but they like to never answer their phone so I don't know when to go.

^I would keep trying to find a community. Maybe you can contact someone on this board privately to help you find a way to form one? It's very brave of you to attempt this on your own, but you seem to be having a little trouble emotionally detaching from your former faith. This is very normal,especially in your situation... but it helps to have others walking with you on your chosen new path to encourage and guide you so that you will naturally start to realign to their ways. I don't know how Muslims handle this, but I imagine they have a system.

God = Allah.

You are praying to God (in front of those Christian icons) as a Christian correct? Why would it be a problem?

Or did you mean, you want to pray (as a Muslim would) in from of your Christian icons. Why would you want to pray as a Muslim. Just stay a Christian. Christianity (especially Eastern Orthodox) is a such a beautiful religion. And I am a Muslim telling so. :)

Edited by eThErEaL

No I don't. I have contact information with some Muslims that are Shia in my area but never get back to me or talk to me (I assume being busy) but the closest Shia mosque is kinda far on public transportation (no car) I have one very close to me that is Sunni though but they like to never answer their phone so I don't know when to go.

The only spot you look at during prayer is your turbah and the space between your feet (during the first bowing).

So if you want to place something in front of you, you can't look at it anyway.

And if you want to have something in front of you then I have good news. You already have the Kaba in front of you so what do you want more?

Everything you place between you and God is an obstacle. Not a thing that brings you closer to Him although there are people who believe it's not.

Edited by Iskandarovich

^I would keep trying to find a community. Maybe you can contact someone on this board privately to help you find a way to form one? It's very brave of you to attempt this on your own, but you seem to be having a little trouble emotionally detaching from your former faith. This is very normal,especially in your situation... but it helps to have others walking with you on your chosen new path to encourage and guide you so that you will naturally start to realign to their ways. I don't know how Muslims handle this, but I imagine they have a system.

I really need some Muslim friends

Salam,

We are all your friends, muslim and non muslim online. I understand the need to have friends, but it best to thread the path of friendship cautiously.

Some may elevate you or some may even ruin you, specially in this day and age.

They can be your ticket to eternal fire or eternal bliss and peace.

Be very careful who you associate with these days, specially with all the Islamaphobia going on.

Now a days getting to know religion is a lot easier than before with the internet.

Just Pray sincerely to God to help you recognize the truth. No matter what it is called

May God help, protect,provide and guide you to all your needs, Insha Allah.

Edited by tendersoul

God will give them but the best friend is God. True friends are hard to find it is someone who you could trust to even enter your house be trusted even while your absent.

Brother Royalblood, are you having any luck finding something suitable or an accessible community?

There is a mosque close to where I live but it is Sunni and I don't know when I can go to it because they never answer their phone, maybe they don't have one? Any other mosque in my area I can't walk to or take public transportation conveniently. What do I do?

Not that you are making a bad decision necessarily... but why don't you like Eastern Orthodox Religion? What is so special in Islam that you see?

From a logical standpoint Islam makes more sense. Also, it seems like the entire world wants to destroy Islam but why? What threat does it pose? Is it because it is the truth? I read the Quran and I have realized that it has to be from God, I accept and view it at God's true scripture.