uniquemuslim

Is Samaraa Safe To Travel To?

AOA,

I'll be going on ziyaraat soon, to Iraq. I'll be visiting Karbala and Najaf. However I may also visit Samaraa, so I wanted to ask, especially from anyone whos been there recently, is it safe? I mean with ISIS and all, and since Samaraa is north of Baghdad and quite close to ISIS controlled areas. Also, is a road trip from Karbalaa to Samaraa safe?

Thanks.

WAS,

I know several people who went to Iraq for Ashura this year. Alhumdulillah they were able to go to Samarra. They said the entire road to Samarra is manned by military personnel.

Fiaman'Allah.

Dear brother - why worry if Samarra is not safe? You may get to practice a long forgotten furu' ud deen while defending yourself and the shrine of Ahlulbayt incase you are there and some miscreant pops up. 

Edited by Irfani313

Bismillah

Salamun Alaykum, 

I was in Samarra 10 days ago and it was very safe. We have a lot to thank our brave fighters over there for, and those supporting and guiding them. I spent half a day there with no worries whatsoever. ISIS have been pushed back at least 200 km away from Samarra and there is a strong military presence in that whole area (the road from Karbala to Samarra and there to Kadhimiyya was particularly safe). 

If you do go, please pray for us inshallah. 

I think travelling anywhere from Istanbul to the Pakistani/Indian border, and anywhere in North Africa is ill-advised, even reckless, for a couple of years at least.

Actually a lot of Europe is even off limits now LOL.

It's sad that you have to travel to places with few Muslims (South America, East Asia etc) for civility.