Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
roya1b100d

What Is This?

Rate this topic

Over the internet you will find that Shias and their countries and things are hated quite a lot. Perhaps only second to Nazis and Hitler. And absurdly even more than the Zionists who are purely mass murdering expansionists and respect nothing but their fanaticism.

I've had this thrown at me a million times: "They say Imaams are higher in status than the Ambiyaa including our Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihi wa Sallam)."

Why do we think so? or do we not and is this just another shi'a hatred nonsense? 

Also:

"10.) Passages mentioning virtures of Ali(Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anho) has been purposefully deleted from the Quraan."

Do we believe in this? I do remember someone back in my teens saying something along the lines of an entire chapter of the Quran dedicated to the greatness of the Panjtan (Mohammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain AS) being deleted? 

Edited by apofomysback

I've had this thrown at me a million times: "They say Imaams are higher in status than the Ambiyaa including our Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihi wa Sallam)."

Why do we think so? or do we not and is this just another shi'a hatred nonsense? 

Also:

"10.) Passages mentioning virtures of Ali(Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anho) has been purposefully deleted from the Quraan."

Do we believe in this? I do remember someone back in my teens saying something along the lines of an entire chapter of the Quran dedicated to the greatness of the Panjtan (Mohammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain AS) being deleted? 

As for the first point, maybe someone else can clarify but we do believe that if it wasn't for Ahlul Bayt (including Muhammad) a.s. then the universe would not even be created. So just this alone shows why we believe the Imams are higher than all the Prophets before Muhammad. Also, if I'm not mistaken, we believe Jesus a.s will pray behind Imam Mahdi a.s. when they both appear. We believe that that Prophets used the names of Ahlul Bayt a.s when they supplicated to Allah swt. This isn't to convince Sunnis, this is just what we believe.

As for point 10, no we don't. We believe the Qur'an is complete and no alterations have been made to it.

Also:

We believe the Prophet Muhammad is greater than any other human. As far as Imams being higher in status than the other Prophets or vice versa, this is debated, with the most famous opinion probably being that the Imams are higher. In fact, one of the current modern scholars in Najaf (Shaykh al-Fayyadh) is said to favour the Prophets of Ulul Azm over the Imams.

Also:

Salam, apo :)

Well, as for your first point: I am not sure if there's any consensus here since I have seen people doubtful of it. But yes, the belief that the Aimmah [a] are higher in status than prophets except prophet Muhammad who is the best of all creations, does exist. A reason for this is that in the Quran, it is stated that after undergoing some tests, Ibrahim [a] who had already been a prophet became an Imam (I think that thread I linked you to, some days ago, mentions what said "test" might have been) - indicating that Imamah might be higher in status. And yes, amongst other arguments is the one that when Imam az-Zaman [af] reappears, may we be granted the honor of his ziyarat, Isa [a] will pray behind him.

But as I said, I don't think there's a definite consensus here.

As for point two: lol. No, we do not believe that there's anything missing from the Quran or anything along the lines. As far as the belief goes, it's that we don't have the Quran with its complete tafseer written by Imam Ali [a] - please, correct me someone if I am wrong here.

@OP: Well, you will find many a anti-Shia site floating around, unfortunately. I'd say that SC is the best to gather knowledge about our faith, anyway, and after you've been around for a while, such sites won't surprise you that much, I guess. Good luck on your path of seeking knowledge, may Allah guide you and all of us bi haqqe Muhammad wa Aale Muhammad! ^_^

Ma asalama.

I recently heard a majlis i forgot Khateeb name, but he gave a very good point.

" They ( other then shia ) are listen praise of Imam Ali (as) from our lectures and listening praise for Rasool Allah (saw) from there lectures, this is the reason they blame us we exceeded Imam Ali (as) over Rasool Allah (saw). My request is listen Praise of Rasool Allah (saw) from our lectures then you can find how superior Rasool Allah (saw) from Imam Ali (as) " -- Molana Absar Naqvi ( IEC Husaini, Chicago )

Edited by alirex