Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I Did Istikhara Now Im Confused With The Results

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salaam brothers and sisters

I am new to all this and I would love your help

I did istikhara through the Quran and this was what i got

(31:31) Do you not see that ships sail in the sea by Allah's Grace that He may show you some of His Signs?55 Surely there are Signs in this for everyone who is steadfast, thankful

I really don't know if this is a positive meaning or negative. i feel like its positive because it is saying the word "thankful" so is Allah swt trying to tell me I should be thankful for the brother asking for my hand?

Please can you help me

JazakAllah Khair

• Advanced Member

oh thats faal. its not in the sunnah. dont do it. use proper dream istikhara dua and then post here for results.

AnaAmmar wrote a very good wise answer. love, business and marriage are laden with risks. weigh pros and cons, judge the character and deen of the individual and do dua and then decide.

• Advanced Member

Istikhara is used when you run out of all options. Judge the guy on his qualities such as deen, compatibility, life choices, etc. then you decide if you want to marry or not.

http://www.al-islam.org/istikhara-seeking-the-best-from-Allah-muhammad-baqir-haideri

• Advanced Member

salam alikum,

I would "strongly" suggest to do istekhara by some pious Aalim (Sheikh). Do not do by yourself! This is a word of caution after practicing istekhara for many years in situations I faced. Also, recently one of my close relative gave reference of Aytaullah Tehriri in Iran whose istekhara for marriages and on other issues as well, are very reliable. 

Again, "do not do by yourself" !

Good luck

Marzooq.

Edited by marzooq
  • Veteran Member

The Ayat 31:31 is not available for istihara.

Follow what is revealed. 

See ship.

See ship sail=go places.(29:64)

What is in different places?(e.g.22:46)  Different things that Allah-swt created.

What do you see in different places?

Other life-forms and other geologic forms, not all of which exist near you(31:20; 55:1-29; et alia)

Who is Khalaq-swt ?

Edited by hasanhh
  • Advanced Member

Imam Jaafas Al Saqiq (as) used this method to do istikhara. Im just doing what our Imams did.

I know his character mashallah its very good but he lives in america and i live in the uk so its a big decision

If you still want to do by yourself, then I would suggest to do Tasbeeh istekhara. Interpreting Quranic verses is not the job of everyone. And that is why you are confused in interpreting above ayat, that whether its +ve or -ve. That's why istekhara by Quran are one by those who have in depth knowledge of Quran and "are" pious as well. You make 2 rakat istekhara prayer and make niyat, if possible then read istekhara dua in Saheef-e-Kamla book by 4th Imam (A.S) and then ask Sheikh to do istekhara on your niyaat. Its not necessary you tell the niyat to you Sheikh. Just tell him you have done niyat and kindly do istekhara on my niyat. 

Good luck

Marzooq.

• Basic Members

If you still want to do by yourself, then I would suggest to do Tasbeeh istekhara. Interpreting Quranic verses is not the job of everyone. And that is why you are confused in interpreting above ayat, that whether its +ve or -ve. That's why istekhara by Quran are one by those who have in depth knowledge of Quran and "are" pious as well. You make 2 rakat istekhara prayer and make niyat, if possible then read istekhara dua in Saheef-e-Kamla book by 4th Imam (A.S) and then ask Sheikh to do istekhara on your niyaat. Its not necessary you tell the niyat to you Sheikh. Just tell him you have done niyat and kindly do istekhara on my niyat.

Good luck

Marzooq.

I did the tasbeeh istikhara and it came out positive. I also did the paper one and that akso came out positive.

But he did istikhara through the quran and said it came out negetive.

what do i do?

• Advanced Member

I did the tasbeeh istikhara and it came out positive. I also did the paper one and that akso came out positive.

But he did istikhara through the quran and said it came out negetive.

what do i do?

First, there should not be more than one istekhara at a time. When doing istekhara, you have to be sure that you trust Allah 100% and will follow the result by the help of Allah. Many istekhara on same case will lead to confusion, as in your case.

Now I will suggest you to give a gap of almost a week, if possible. Don't much think on this issue and just ignore it and focus on other stuff during this week. There is no logic in it of what am saying here. Its just to get yourself out of confusion and give the gap as well, as istekhara does has some influence due to time / day / date.

During this gap just pray that Allah guide you best, and do best in your Haq.

Then select a most learned Sheikh as per your knowledge, whom you trust more on his faith and piousness. 

pray 2 rakat prayers 

read istekhara dua from Saheef-e-Kamla (book by 4th Imam (A.S) )

Then make your niyyat..... for example, Ya Allah (SWT) is it better in my haq to marry ABC ? 

Then ask the Sheikh to do istekhara on your niyyat. You "may" tell him that its for marriage so he might need names for both prospective spouses.

You can ask him to make by Quran. So that he can give you ayat which comes as a result.

Insha Allah, things will be better for you.

Good Luck

Marzooq.

• Basic Members

First, there should not be more than one istekhara at a time. When doing istekhara, you have to be sure that you trust Allah 100% and will follow the result by the help of Allah. Many istekhara on same case will lead to confusion, as in your case.

Now I will suggest you to give a gap of almost a week, if possible. Don't much think on this issue and just ignore it and focus on other stuff during this week. There is no logic in it of what am saying here. Its just to get yourself out of confusion and give the gap as well, as istekhara does has some influence due to time / day / date.

During this gap just pray that Allah guide you best, and do best in your Haq.

Then select a most learned Sheikh as per your knowledge, whom you trust more on his faith and piousness.

pray 2 rakat prayers

read istekhara dua from Saheef-e-Kamla (book by 4th Imam (A.S) )

Then make your niyyat..... for example, Ya Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì is it better in my haq to marry ABC ?

Then ask the Sheikh to do istekhara on your niyyat. You "may" tell him that its for marriage so he might need names for both prospective spouses.

You can ask him to make by Quran. So that he can give you ayat which comes as a result.

Insha Allah, things will be better for you.

Good Luck

Marzooq.

Jazak Allah

I will do what you said. I dont live in an area which has a sheikh. I live in a non muslim area. Where can I contact a sheikh?

• Advanced Member

Jazak Allah

I will do what you said. I dont live in an area which has a sheikh. I live in a non muslim area. Where can I contact a sheikh?

Do you have any contact in Iran or Qum ? Or any SC member reading this can assist in this regard ? Actually, in Qum there is Ayatullah Tehriri who is famous for his true istekhara outcomes. So try to contact him. 

Which country you live in ? I have heard many Shia centers are there in US, UK, CA, AU etc. belonging to Aytaullah Sistani and Ayatullah Khamenie / Khoie. If you can contact one of these centers in your country then they can help in doing istekhara.

Note: I tried to fine Dua-e-Istekhara by 4th imam (A.S). I didn't get arabic/english version. But here is Urdu mp3 link:

https://hasnain.wordpress.com/2010/09/28/sahifa-e-sajjadiya-in-urdu

Its very small, probably half of the page. But very meaningful and possess great insights when it comes to doing istekhara.

Good luck

Marzooq.

Edited by marzooq
  • Veteran Member

Pardon me, but if you already had 2 positive istikharas, why did you have another done? I suppose an istikhara should only be done once..

reminds of a tale

I flipped my coin to decide whether to go for church or go fishing. 11 dafa church aur 12th dafa kahi jaa k fishing ki bari ai.

Edited by AnaAmmar1
  • Advanced Member

reminds of a tale

I flipped my coin to decide whether to go for church or go fishing. 11 dafa church aur 12th dafa kahi jaa k fishing ki bari ai.

bahahaha - trying to get the results we want i guess :D

Edited by apofomysback
  • Basic Members

Do you have any contact in Iran or Qum ? Or any SC member reading this can assist in this regard ? Actually, in Qum there is Ayatullah Tehriri who is famous for his true istekhara outcomes. So try to contact him.

Which country you live in ? I have heard many Shia centers are there in US, UK, CA, AU etc. belonging to Aytaullah Sistani and Ayatullah Khamenie / Khoie. If you can contact one of these centers in your country then they can help in doing istekhara.

Note: I tried to fine Dua-e-Istekhara by 4th imam (A.S). I didn't get arabic/english version. But here is Urdu mp3 link:

https://hasnain.wordpress.com/2010/09/28/sahifa-e-sajjadiya-in-urdu

Its very small, probably half of the page. But very meaningful and possess great insights when it comes to doing istekhara.

Good luck

Marzooq.

I dont have any contact in Iran or Qum.

I also dont know any shia centres in the uk.

Thankyou for the link

• Advanced Member

I dont have any contact in Iran or Qum.

I also dont know any shia centres in the uk.

Thankyou for the link

UK has several Shia centers. I am sure you can find an Aalim there to do istekhara. See below links, if you can visit and contact in-person then its better, otherwise I am quite hopeful that they can resolve your query over telephone.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/15106-shia-organization-and-mosques-in-london/

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/44799-any-shia-centers-in-central-london/

https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=shia+centers+in+london+site:www.shiachat.com&es_sm=93&sa=X&ved=0CDIQrQIoBDAAahUKEwigxtW3yIbJAhVLJZQKHa_4Cho&biw=1366&bih=667

hope it helps.

Good Luck

Marzooq.