Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Bba And Masters In Economics

lilibolt

• Advanced Member

AOA,

I am currently doing my bachelors in business administration, and later will be doing a masters in Economics. One of the reason why I am studying this is because these are the only bachelors and masters subjects taught in English where I live.

Although the university is very well reputed around the world i feel like studying these subject is like chasing the world, many lectures revolves around interest, money etc. I find it impossible to make it a mean to get closer to God.

For example subjects in the scientific area helps the individual to know so much more on the creation of Allah and therefore make him/her recognize God more.

i often end up thinking what is the use of all this and lack a lot of motivation. Even though i try to read other religious books to balance out, but I hardly ever find the time. 

Are there SC members who studied similar subjects and had the same problem  :unsure:  :(

WS

• Advanced Member

i often end up thinking what is the use of all this and lack a lot of motivation. Even though i try to read other religious books to balance out, but I hardly ever find the time. 

Are there SC members who studied similar subjects and had the same problem  :unsure:  :(

WS

I'm also working towards completing my bachelor's degree in Business. Last year I was taking full-time courses at my University, part-time courses at a Hawza, and had an internship. I'm not going to lie, it was hard to manage (my social life, for instance = non-existent) but not impossible. If you want to take on more tasks, always get involved in things you know you'll enjoy. The fact that I was working and taking Hawza classes that I had an interest in made my hectic schedule a lot more bearable. What do you have outside of school that keeps you that busy?

Business isn't just limited to finance. If you don't like learning about concepts such money, interest, etc., you can always choose a different focus in your bachelor's degree. To name a few, there's accounting, management, information systems, operations management, human resources, marketing...

AOA,

I am currently doing my bachelors in business administration, and later will be doing a masters in Economics. One of the reason why I am studying this is because these are the only bachelors and masters subjects taught in English where I live.

Although the university is very well reputed around the world i feel like studying these subject is like chasing the world, many lectures revolves around interest, money etc. I find it impossible to make it a mean to get closer to God.

For example subjects in the scientific area helps the individual to know so much more on the creation of Allah and therefore make him/her recognize God more.

WS

it all depends what do you want to do with it in the end.

I actually love studying these subjects. And all these subjects are interlinked. I didn't like to study economics alone but mix it up with other interesting subjects like management accounting and financial accounting. I would suggest go for any professional accountancy qualification. it's tough and more challenging but in the end whatever you have studied will make sense in the real world. It's all very practical and what the businesses do. 

Is it too materialistic ? well it depends how you go about it. It all depends upon your intentions tbh. I have seen many Muslim doctors who are more materialistic when their aim should be to help others...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I'm also working towards completing my bachelor's degree in Business. Last year I was taking full-time courses at my University, part-time courses at a Hawza, and had an internship. I'm not going to lie, it was hard to manage (my social life, for instance = non-existent) but not impossible. If you want to take on more tasks, always get involved in things you know you'll enjoy. The fact that I was working and taking Hawza classes that I had an interest in made my hectic schedule a lot more bearable. What do you have outside of school that keeps you that busy?

Business isn't just limited to finance. If you don't like learning about concepts such money, interest, etc., you can always choose a different focus in your bachelor's degree. To name a few, there's accounting, management, information systems, operations management, human resources, marketing...

as i live in Belgium there is no hawza here where i can join, may i asked which hawza did you go to? i personally would love love to do part time hawza, i looked up al mahdi institute from Birmingham and they offer offline virtual learning which i am thinking of applying but i fear i will not be able to cope up with my university and this together, my social life is already non-existent. I usually start early morning and finish at around 3:30 pm, it takes me an hour to get home, then i like to spent 1-2 hrs with my family, after that i often go back to revising for my exams :(. I manage to go to the gym twice a week fr a good hour, but that's about it. I also would love a part time job or internship but very rarely hijabis are allowed to work in companies etc. :(( 

• Advanced Member

U can startup a business after ur bba. N trading was the profession of Rasul Allah saw n bibi khadija ra. Also economics n development can b used for ngos n helping poor oppressed ppl like in wartorn countries or africa. If ure a chartered accountant...u can set up ur accounting firm. Thats also trading in services. N u cud always giv the excess money u generate to charities n sponsor orphans. Or help syrians thru charity.

Also taking up a job n teaching as an teaching assistant is sadqah jariyah. U cud help others with ur notes for eg for free.

Teaching is sadqah jariyah if for free.