Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
roya1b100d

Where I Stand: Islam Vs Christianity

Rate this topic

Salam,

Alhamdulilah, Mobarak to you ! You don't have to go any where, unless it is to create bond with other muslim brothers.

Prophet Mohammad went to the cave for years and he Got revelations from Allah.

Lady Mary was all alone in the lonely corner of her room, and she got the same Salat which prophet Mohammad got Hundreds of years later.

She even got her food from the heavens. If you truly seek the truth, not self truth.

It will come in suprising ways. So not limit your mind for the Unlimited Allah with x amount of possibilites otherwise the shaft will stay a shaft and never change into a snake , and the dead will never come to life.

Allah should be in your mind, that is the real place you should be, and not only the Quran which is in Arabic be revealed  to but the whole universe.

Only if you submit and have an open mind.

If you insist on translation which ofcourse I understand , you can check:

www.islamawakened.com

it has translations from all-even shia scholars  ( over 20 translations to compare)

best of luck

Edited by tendersoul

salam

Congratulations to you.

if you want to learn more, visit al-islam.org

It's a very cool website filled with huge amounts of information about the universe, hadith, salah, laws, arguments of the imams (a.s.), the sunni-shia divide, history, and information about other agents of God, and many other subjects. Do read al-islam.org often.

there're also resources on al-islam.org dedicated to those who wish to learn about islamic practices, such as the daily prayers.

You have indeed been very felicitous to have felt such things. 

Alhamdulillah, that was a beautiful post.

If you keep you heart open, your mind humble and your search for truth sincere, Allah(SWT) will guide you to that which is best for you.

Do not fear to enter the Shia mosque, in fact do not fear anything at all except Allah(SWT) and never get nervous unless what your doing is morally questionable.

I wish you all the best friend. 

My biggest faith reason is of similar reason to you although I have many other reasons, except, that I emphasized more on the influence on the hearts with blindess to proofs of Ahlulbayt.  If you see Ahlulbayt in Quran and see how the world is blind to them in there, there is something going on in the hearts.  It's even manifest in politics as you said.

Take your time. There was a period of about 1 year where I was going between faith and disbelief within the same day or same week changing stances. 

There is no need to rush.

Alhamdulillah, that was a beautiful post.

If you keep you heart open, your mind humble and your search for truth sincere, Allah(SWT) will guide you to that which is best for you.

Do not fear to enter the Shia mosque, in fact do not fear anything at all except Allah(SWT) and never get nervous unless what your doing is morally questionable.

I wish you all the best friend. 

Relationship based on fear isn't a healthy one. There's no reason God would want people to fear him.

Edited by Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck

Relationship based on fear isn't a healthy one. There's no reason God would want people to fear him.

Having (by understanding, realization and experience) fear for the Creator is very healthy but having fear for creations is unhealthy. A fear that elevate the soul spiritually and morally and brings closeness to God is good and right one.

Edited by Dhulfikar

I think a more precise word than "fear" is needed for this conversation.

I used to be terrified that I might get something wrong and that my mistakes would be the reason I might be isolated from my loved ones for eternity. That wasn't healthy but it's what many people think of when they think of "fear of God."

Why should I be terrified of someone who made me out of love so that I could know Him?

These days, I understand it as being aware of God. It's not that God's a bogeyman, but everything I do carries a consequence. And in my best moments, I remember that how I treat others is how I'm treating other people who were made with as much love as I was. I also try to be realistic about myself- my limitations and my faults- and ask Allah for the strength and wisdom to be a better person.

+1, beautifully expressed and written.

The word " fear" in the Bible can be translated several ways ...depending upon the original languages in which the passage was written.

(Don't know about the Quran.)

It can mean " awe", " reverence", " open to instruction", " respect",etc. It isn't necessarily the kind of "fear "commonly thought of.

The word " fear" in the Bible can be translated several ways ...depending upon the original languages in which the passage was written.

It can mean " awe", " reverence", " open to instruction", " respect",etc. It isn't necessarily the kind of "fear "commonly thought of.

Taqwa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqwa

Edited by Skanderbeg

I think a more precise word than "fear" is needed for this conversation.

I used to be terrified that I might get something wrong and that my mistakes would be the reason I might be isolated from my loved ones for eternity. That wasn't healthy but it's what many people think of when they think of "fear of God."

Why should I be terrified of someone who made me out of love so that I could know Him?

These days, I understand it as being aware of God. It's not that God's a bogeyman, but everything I do carries a consequence. And in my best moments, I remember that how I treat others is how I'm treating other people who were made with as much love as I was. I also try to be realistic about myself- my limitations and my faults- and ask Allah for the strength and wisdom to be a better person.

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِرَ اللَّهُ وَجِلَتْ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَإِذَا تُلِيَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُهُ زَادَتْهُمْ إِيمَانًا وَعَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ
The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, their hearts become fearful, and when His verses are recited to them, it increases them in faith; and upon their Lord they rely -

الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُمْ بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ ۗ أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest (13:28)

Having fear that cause unhealthy does not give you any rest in Heart. 

Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq [a] said: "Have hope in Allah in such a way that it does not embolden you to disobey Him, and fear him in such a way that it does not cause you to despair of His Mercy." Amali al-Saduq, p.22, no.5

http://www.feargod.net/verses.php

Those are very beautiful bible verses about fear and all of them are full of wisdom. Many similarity can also found in Quran and Hadiths. 

I love these ones: 

23:3-4 The God of Israel spoke, the Rock of Israel said to me: 'When one rules over men in righteousness, when he rules in the fear of God,

23:4 he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth.'

Psalms:

86:11Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

90:11 Who knows the power of your anger? For your wrath is as great as the fear that is due you.

103:11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;

111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

Edited by Dhulfikar