Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson Rose

Paper Works Containing Quranic Verse Or Holy Names

Rate this topic

Assalam O Alaikum ,

May Allah relieve your pain and sorrows and bless you with contented heart (Aameen).

I am a student and as I have to write every thing with permanent pen, its quite difficult to keep notes containing Quranic verses and Holy names to highest possible safety from any disrespect .Many people recommend to burn such papers but I don't think its an appropriate solution as ,then what will be the difference between us and those non believers in foreign countries who hate Quran and  burn it ? Isn't that a king of immorality?

Burying in soil is also done by people .

Please guide me which one is right way .If any reference from Islamic books ,please share.

Walaykm salam

I have a friend who has a shredder, so i usually send him those papers and he will take care of it. What tendersoul suggested is a good solution or you could shred the part where there is Allah's name or other sacred names and verses into tiny pieces so as not to have two letters beside each other

I have used dark markers as well but it doesn't make me satisfied .Because paper still have that mark I wanna actually remove but now is hidden under another mark.
 But I will try shredder and streaming water .

Thanks so very much for your help and kind replies.  ^_^  .

Wa Alaykum as-Salaam,

According to Ayatullah Khamenei and Ayatullah Sistani it is recommended that those names should be buried in soil or thrown in sea water, river, or will, and it is not permissible to burn them, since it is considered as an insult.

Edited by sadegh

Salaam

The main criterion which has to be satisfied is to refrain from doing anything which is considered in Urf (General concept of people) as an "insult" to Quranic verses and Holey names.

I think the best way available is to put papers in some hot water until they turn into dough. The Holey names and verses will gradually disappear.

Assalam O Alaikum ,

May Allah relieve your pain and sorrows and bless you with contented heart (Aameen).

I am a student and as I have to write every thing with permanent pen, its quite difficult to keep notes containing Quranic verses and Holy names to highest possible safety from any disrespect .Many people recommend to burn such papers but I don't think its an appropriate solution as ,then what will be the difference between us and those non believers in foreign countries who hate Quran and  burn it ? Isn't that a king of immorality?

Burying in soil is also done by people .

Please guide me which one is right way .If any reference from Islamic books ,please share.

Wa aleykumsalaam,

Here is what our aimmah recommend us to do with holy text, I am quoting/copying a hadeeth from Brother Nader Zaveri's post:

Taken from Al-Kaafi:

بَابُ النَّهْيِ عَنْ إِحْرَاقِ الْقَرَاطِيسِ الْمَكْتُوبَةِ 
“Chapter on the prohibition from burning papers with writings (on them)”

مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحَكَمِ عَنْ عَبْدِ الْمَلِكِ بْنِ عُتْبَةَ عَنْ أَبِي الْحَسَنِ ع قَالَ سَأَلْتُهُ عَنِ الْقَرَاطِيسِ تَجْتَمِعُ هَلْ تُحْرَقُ بِالنَّارِ وَ فِيهَا شَيْ‏ءٌ مِنْ ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ قَالَ لَا تُغْسَلُ بِالْمَاءِ أَوَّلًا قَبْلُ
From `Abd Al-Malik bin `Utbah from Abee Al-Hasan (عليه السلام) said: “I asked him (عليه السلام) about the papers that accumulate, if they (papers) have the remembers of Allaah on them, can it be burned with fire? He (عليه السلام) said: ‘No, you must wash it with water first’
Source:
Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 2, pg. 673 - 674, hadeeth #1
Grading:
Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)
--> Mir'aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 12, pg. 582

عَنْهُ عَنِ الْوَشَّاءِ عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ سِنَانٍ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع يَقُولُ لَا تُحْرِقُوا الْقَرَاطِيسَ وَ لَكِنِ امْحُوهَا وَ حَرِّقُوهَا
From `Abd Allaah bin Sinaan said, I heard Abaa `Abd Allaah (عليه السلام) and he said: “Do not burn the papers, but delete (wash) them, and (then) burn them”
Source:
Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 2, pg. 674, hadeeth #2
Grading:
Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)

عَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ عَنْ زُرَارَةَ قَالَ سُئِلَ أَبُو عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع عَنِ الِاسْمِ مِنْ أَسْمَاءِ اللَّهِ يَمْحُوهُ الرَّجُلُ بِالتُّفْلِ قَالَ امْحُوهُ بِأَطْهَرِ مَا تَجِدُونَ
From Zuraarah said Aboo `Abd Allaah (عليه السلام) was question about the names from the names of Allaah that a man tried to delete them with his spit. He (عليه السلام) said: ‘It should be deleted with the cleanest (thing) that is found’
Source:
Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 2, pg. 674, hadeeth #3
Grading:
Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is Hasan (Good)

عَلِيٌّ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ إِسْحَاقَ بْنِ عَمَّارٍ عَنْ أَبِي الْحَسَنِ مُوسَى ع فِي الظُّهُورِ الَّتِي فِيهَا ذِكْرُ اللَّهِ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ قَالَ اغْسِلْهَا
From Muhammad bin IsHaaq bin `Ammaar from Abee Al-Hasan Moosa (عليه السلام) about cleaning that which the remembrance of Allaah (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) is on them. He (عليه السلام) said: ‘Wash it’
Source:
Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 2, pg. 674, hadeeth #5
Grading:
Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is Hasan or Muwaththaq (Good or Reliable)
--> Mir'aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 12, pg. 583