Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hameedeh

Bizarre Ashoura Ritual Infiltrations

Rate this topic

The last post in this thread would be relevant to this one as well:

So whats the difference between these religions and the "Shia" Tatbir?

This ritual is done in Amarah in Iraq. I don't know why they do such a thing.

Looking like Red Indians.

What worries me is that in the beginning he was saying that the representative of Sayed Sistani was there.

Question is, does the representative tell Sayed Sistani that there are such circuses in the name of Imam Hussein?

In reply to the quote above:  "Looks like a tribal dance at times...sorry if that's offensive"

Those are funeral procession torches. It's a symbolic ritual.

Lady Zainab AS, the women and the children were sheltering in the tents at Karbala. The burning fire symbolizes those tents that were set ablaze, making the family of Imam Hussein AS homeless, before they were made captive and dragged through villages and towns until they reached Syria to be insulted in front of the tyrant. Ya Hussein.

On 10/27/2015 at 0:59 AM, magma said:

And just to let everyone know, it's a lose/lose situation, and the damage has already been done. 

Even if all these practices stopped today and forever (which it won't), these pictures will continue to circulate around the internet, will continue to be used for propaganda, and will be cited as "authentic" Shiism. 

If it's abandoned, liberals will call it "modernization", Sunnis will call it "taqiyya", and so on...and with the implicit notion that this IS the real Shia religion, but had to be changed due to modern or humanitarian pressures, thus casting Shiism with all other cultures and religions as a barbaric and archaic idiosyncrasy of the human race. 

Imam Hussein had a truly precise and long term vision.  These fools who claim his banner certainly do not. 

Great post.

The damage has been done, from now, to the end of time.

Congratulations.

On 10/30/2015 at 9:45 AM, Dhulfikar said:

This ritual is done in Amarah in Iraq. I don't know why they do such a thing.

The biggest tragedy is not only what occurred to Hussain a.s but what some of his so-called 'shia' have done in butchering his madhabs name and image, in style.

2 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

The biggest tragedy is not only what occurred to Hussain a.s but what some of his so-called 'shia' have done in butchering his madhabs name and image, in style.

It's called recklessness. Anything becomes "permissible" as long as its "done in the name of Hussein". All the while hadiths and marja rulings are cherry picked and twisted. And something isn't used....called common sense.

5 minutes ago, magma said:

It's called recklessness. Anything becomes "permissible" as long as its "done in the name of Hussein". All the while hadiths and marja rulings are cherry picked and twisted. And something isn't used....called common sense.

The sad thing is, even if we stop these practises being, the damage has been done. The best thing now is to pray for the return of Imam Mahdi ajfs, who by narrations i have read, will go after the deviance of the shia's first. AJFS.

Edited by uponthesunnah

Honestly, i'm not surprised why so many people are turned off shia islam. Due to actions committed by a small minority, you've turned our madhab into one massive joke. Shame on you, whoever you are. I would have preferred you abused and made a mockery out of me than dealt the damage you have done on Imam Hussain ajfs and the true sunnah of the Prophet [saw]

B3t_7_KRCEAAd_E5d.jpg

On 1/4/2016 at 3:03 PM, hameedeh said:

In reply to the quote above:  "Looks like a tribal dance at times...sorry if that's offensive"

Those are funeral procession torches. It's a symbolic ritual.

Lady Zainab AS, the women and the children were sheltering in the tents at Karbala. The burning fire symbolizes those tents that were set ablaze, making the family of Imam Hussein AS homeless, before they were made captive and dragged through villages and towns until they reached Syria to be insulted in front of the tyrant. Ya Hussein.

ASA Sister Hameedah, the question is where does the symbolism finish and the 'show' start.

All these 'acts' claim symbolism.

blood letting = blood of the martyrs ,shahadat etc

Chain lashing = chains of the captives

fire walking = walking on burning sand

whirling torches = burning tents

etc

question is what symbolic act is true symbol and which is a show

Is that a painting of a severed head on a spear at 2.14. ?????

Edited by A true Sunni

5 hours ago, A true Sunni said:

Is that a painting of a severed head on a spear at 2.14. ?????

Salam. Yes, the video posted above (back on October 30) does show that. It's very primitive art and many would say it is in poor taste or haram to post the image of an Imam's face. I have no idea what the banner says in Arabic, but it does say Ya Hussein. I didn't see Alayhis Salam. 

On 29/12/2016 at 4:50 PM, uponthesunnah said:

Honestly, i'm not surprised why so many people are turned off shia islam. Due to actions committed by a small minority, you've turned our madhab into one massive joke. Shame on you, whoever you are. I would have preferred you abused and made a mockery out of me than dealt the damage you have done on Imam Hussain ajfs and the true sunnah of the Prophet [saw]

Many of the leaders condemn these acts such as Sayed Hassan Nasrallah.

39 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Salam. Yes, the video posted above (back on October 30) does show that. It's very primitive art and many would say it is in poor taste or haram to post the image of an Imam's face. I have no idea what the banner says in Arabic, but it does say Ya Hussein. I didn't see Alayhis Salam. 

I am inclined to agree with you.

On 10/26/2015 at 7:50 AM, apofomysback said:

Honestly, why do they not address these issues? God riddance these videos are pathetic. I wish all the maraji's would condemn these pathetic acts - getting in touch with them is just about impossible. I remember sending them a question  two months back - still waiting for a reply. 

Which marja do you follow that's pretty long. I know this might sound obvious but you should check the spam folder 

On 10/27/2015 at 4:15 PM, repenter said:

4. Yes, long live the azadaar of imam Hussein. I want to mourn imam hussein by taking a brick and smashing my kneecaps, then smear goat cheese on my breast. Don't judge me, that is my way of mourning. Ridiculous. 

LOL

Where are the grand marji's speaking out against this? I only see some of them, others choose to remain silent on these issues. Maybe it is wise and they fear the minority of ghulat and ahlul-fitnah will even curse them if they speak out. I'm not talking about self-mutilation here , but things which make self-mutilation look normal, like acting like dogs, dressing up as lions, crawling and barking.

Some of the people claiming to be the followers of the ahlulbayt, by virtue of their excess love and exaggeration in some of these practises are the furtherest you can get from the true teachings of the ahlulbayt.

It seems strange that the Prophet [saw] was spared of ghuluw, but Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s and Imam Hussain a.s are the biggest victims of it. Even in ghuluw, some will barely mention the name of Allah or his Messenger.

And ghuluw not only in the 'classical' sense, but the general meaning of the word.

Edited by uponthesunnah