Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mlle. Advice

Please Share With Me What You Know About ...

Rate this topic

Salaam alaikum,

Hello Im not really sure if this topic is supposed to be in this section? or off-topic? , so I do apologise in advance. I really need some help from my brothers & sisters out there who live in different parts of the Usa. Now don't worry yourself, I'm NOT here to beg money from the website, I know better than that hahaha.

I am planning on moving to another state (Inshallah) because of important financial issues. The Arabic association where I currently live cannot help me with my questions. I am ashamed to say that possibly I can't afford to pay the full rent of my current residence & frankly it is just too too much. I live in a very expensive & run-down state, unfortunately.

I want to ask about your opinions or recommendation on which state or area possibly has good living conditions, neighbourhoods, cities, etc but with a much more affordable range ($400- 500 or less) for rent. I am planning on moving to a state that has a good Arabic/ or generally Muslim community because I don't want my sibling to feel outsiders in school. And for safety issues.

I don't really have this type of general information; my kowledge of usa demographics is not that good. Some people have recommended for me: New jersey, Dearborn, Michigan, Chicago, & Florida,&  California los angeles. I really need some second opinions from brotehrs & sisters on how it is in those places, like how expensive or affordable?? You don't have to tell me where you live, thats your privacy I respect, but if you have some knowledge and experience or advice PLEASE share with me anything you know or recommend. Also, any trusted websites I can search.

thanks a lot

Edited by Mlle. Advice

Dearborn, Michigan has the largest Muslim population. It is relatively cheap compared to other places. Arizona also has a very cheap housing, but not sure about the community.

Not sure who recommended California and Los Angeles to you. California is expensive wherever you go. Avoid it. Usually big cities like Chicago are also expensive.

Your best bet is to look into Dearborn, Michigan.

Dearborn, Michigan has the largest Muslim population. It is relatively cheap compared to other places. Arizona also has a very cheap housing, but not sure about the community.

Not sure who recommended California and Los Angeles to you. California is expensive wherever you go. Avoid it. Usually big cities like Chicago are also expensive.

Your best bet is to look into Dearborn, Michigan.

Ok, thanks for replying back. I like your advice. I have thought a lot about Dearborn.

Ok, thanks for replying back. I like your advice. I have thought a lot about Dearborn.

It snows in the winter, a lot. So make sure your family doesn't have sinus issues because you will be using the heater 24/7 in the winter.

Also, don't expect the Muslim community to be amazing. High schools have drug problems, people drink, people cause problems. But there are many mosques and halal shops. It has its ups and downs.