Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Always Get Bad Dreams

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I always get bad dreams. I hardly get good dreams if any. I have been having dreams like since a couple of years back. I dont look forward to dreams anymore. Now i just ignore my dreams because i am fed up. But some dreams really do shake me up. And it makes me doubt myself. I start to think am i good person? And its not like monster dreams or anything. Whatever I fear when i am awake it keeps appearing in my dreams. I am start to over analyze it and think it means some which puts me in more despair. I want peace.

Edited by Askari313
  • Advanced Member

pray on time. pray tahajjud. say 70 times astaghfirullah. and at least a hundred times durud. at least keep your heart connected to panjatan pak as. drift off into sleep while thinking of them. thats what i do.

• Veteran Member

You can get bad dreams at the time that you are supposed to get up.

Suppose, you need to get up at 5.30 am for fajr. Then there is a possibility that the body will try to wake you up showing you a nightmare.

This can be one of the reasons.

Other than that, praying will definitely help.

• Advanced Member

Imam Jafar al Sadiq (as) said,

“When a man sees what he dislikes in a dream, he should change from his position which he was sleeping (previously). And he (should) say:

إِنَّمَا النَّجْوى مِنَ الشَّيْطانِ لِيَحْزُنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَ لَيْسَ بِضارِّهِمْ شَيْئاً إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ

‘Verily, secrets are from ShayTaan (Satan) to sadden those who believe. He cannot harm them except by the permission of Allaah’. [soorah Al-Mujaadilah (58):Verse 10]

ثُمَّ لْيَقُلْ عُذْتُ بِمَا عَاذَتْ بِهِ مَلَائِكَةُ اللَّهِ الْمُقَرَّبُونَ وَ أَنْبِيَاؤُهُ الْمُرْسَلُونَ وَ عِبَادُهُ الصَّالِحُونَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا رَأَيْتُ وَ مِنْ شَرِّ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ

Then he (should) say: ‘I seek protection by which the close angels of Allaah, the prophets, the messengers and His righteous servants seek protection from evil of what I have seen and from the evil of ShayTaan, the accursed’”

[Al-Kafi, vol. 8, pg. 142, hadeeth #106]

‘Verily,secrets are from ShayTaan (Satan) to sadden those who believe. He cannot harm them except by the permission of Allaah’. [soorah Al-Mujaadilah (58):Verse 10]

What is this supposed to mean? That it is a sign?

Salam,

You can start with Zekr ( remembrance of Allah constantly- Only repeating Allah in yourself- not Ya Allah- JUST Allah- within yourself.

You can start from before going to bed, though you must constantly be in the state of Zekr.

اسْتَحْوَذَ عَلَيْهِمُ الشَّيْطَانُ فَأَنسَاهُمْ ذِكْرَ اللَّهِ أُولَٰئِكَ حِزْبُ الشَّيْطَانِ أَلَا إِنَّ حِزْبَ الشَّيْطَانِ هُمُ الْخَاسِرُونَ

Satan has taken hold of them, and so has caused them to forget the remembrance of Allah.These are the partisans of Satan. Indeed, it is Satan’s partisans who are the losers. (58: 19)

**********************************************************************************

This is brief Audio File about Sleep and Dream from my teacher, it may help Insha Allah:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30y6ayiqpfk70mu/Sleep-Dream.mp3?dl=0

Brief Audio About Zekr, and Zekr While going to sleep:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n3kpbyjznibsns/zikr.mp3?dl=0

Edited by tendersoul
  • Veteran Member

I always get bad dreams. I hardly get good dreams if any. I have been having dreams like since a couple of years back. I dont look forward to dreams anymore. Now i just ignore my dreams because i am fed up. But some dreams really do shake me up. And it makes me doubt myself. I start to think am i good person? And its not like monster dreams or anything. Whatever I fear when i am awake it keeps appearing in my dreams. I am start to over analyze it and think it means some which puts me in more despair. I want peace.

Try reciting ayat Kursi, and do wudu before sleeping.  

• Veteran Member

Apart from the above recommendations, try to find a position which brings youcertain security (tight, decent temperature, proper orientation to see the room and the entrance, etc.).

Also make sure not to think about anything that gets you nervious befote going to bed (or make sure there is nothing to worry very much about).

السلام عليكم

Make sure when copying and pasting someone else's translation of the ḥadīth, to source it out and link the original translator's site [Nader Zaveri]. Otherwise, it seems you're passing it off as your own translation.

Edited by Jaafar Al-Shibli
  • Advanced Member

Keep good adab...leave anger with every one and be patient when Allah tests you. this works in my case. also dont sleep after fajr till after praying zohrain. that time is for seeking of rizq or sustenance in any case. it gives barakah to not sleep and be lazy at that time. im v lazy too. trying to fix my routine. 

Edited by hafiz
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i had a bad dream once too, and i remembered the advice of the Prophet(pbuh) to read surah falaq and blow to the right side, and surah nas and blow to the left side , and also to change positions 

after i did this, i went back to sleep and in my dream i seen a window, and how somebody was trying to open it to get in, and every time they tried to open it, it would shut down hard and tightly and the force/person would give up to try to open that 

then they would try to open a door, and again the door would be sealed tight and hard, and the person/force would give up on that , and then the dream moved to something else 

so yeah my advice is to follow the advice of the prophet , read falaq and nass and blow to the right and left of you and switch sides (from right to left or vice versa)

Assalamu Alaykum.

Remember to always perform ablution [wudu] before sleeping.The Holy Prophet [saw] informed his daughter Hadhrat Fatima Zehra [sa] that before going to bed she should do 4 things.

1)Recite Sura Ikhlass 3 times .This is like Reciting full Quran 

2)Recite Salwaat اَللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَىٰ مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ    "Allahumma Salle Ala Muhammadin Wa Aale Muhammad"- 10 times This will get intercession from Prophets 

3)Seek Forgiveness for all believers "Allahuma maghfir le momineen wal moninaat " This is equal to making all believers happy &

4) Recite "Subhaanallaahi wa’l hamdu lillaahi wa laa ilaaha illallaahu wallaahu Akbar ". Glory be to God, and praise be to God; there is no god but Allah, and Allah is Greater  .This is equal to doing Haj & Umra.

Supplications at bed time and waking up - http://www.duas.org/bedtimedua.htm

Wasalam.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

As salaamun aleikum-

Im not sure what your dreams consist of,but there r different theories regarding how to reflect upon them...the angle ive been approaching them from is  the angle of self analyzation..Sometimes my negative behavioral characteristics and actions in my waking hours manifest themselves in my dreams,like if I have lashed out verbally to someone durring my daytime hours,it will manifest itself as a snake in my dream,either pursuing me,or threatening me in some other sort of way..If I look at the nature of the types of animals that I encounter in my dreams,ive found them to be fairly good indicators of bad attributes that ive incorporated into myself,and what areas I need to work on to progress spiritually. Im usually  plagued by dreams of giant,dark,looming waves that I think is a representation of the emotional burden I have been carrying for a while now,and not long ago,I was lunged at and bitten by a large python I was wrestling with..Once I dealt with the sourse of this dream,the corresponding dream I had was  I was.I a flower/vegetable garden on a spring day,and the snakes were simply going about there lives,going in and out of holes and crevices in the garden,with no negativity or threat whatsoever..

• Advanced Member

Sister.I had also been through this Problem for a Very Long time,,,,but after a drill that I am going to tell ,,i got out of this situation.

1-Bad Dreams always come due to our anxious thoughts ,,,,so try to think somthing positive before going to sleep...

2-Get yourself Bawajoooo.......Before Sleep..

3-keep Astaghfar,,,,,upon your tounge,,,,when u go to Sleep....

4-Ok.....To Avoid        fear of ad dreams always keep in mind  that after reciting below mentioned Kalimat you destiny will be kept safe from the effect of that bad dream...........

Imam Jafar al Sadiq (as) said,

“When a man sees what he dislikes in a dream, he should change from his position which he was sleeping (previously). And he (should) say:

إِنَّمَا النَّجْوى مِنَ الشَّيْطانِ لِيَحْزُنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَ لَيْسَ بِضارِّهِمْ شَيْئاً إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ

‘Verily, secrets are from ShayTaan (Satan) to sadden those who believe. He cannot harm them except by the permission of Allaah’. [soorah Al-Mujaadilah (58):Verse 10]

ثُمَّ لْيَقُلْ عُذْتُ بِمَا عَاذَتْ بِهِ مَلَائِكَةُ اللَّهِ الْمُقَرَّبُونَ وَ أَنْبِيَاؤُهُ الْمُرْسَلُونَ وَ عِبَادُهُ الصَّالِحُونَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا رَأَيْتُ وَ مِنْ شَرِّ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ

Then he (should) say: ‘I seek protection by which the close angels of Allaah, the prophets, the messengers and His righteous servants seek protection from evil of what I have seen and from the evil of ShayTaan, the accursed’”

Regards

Ali..........................................

• Advanced Member
On 1/8/2016 at 7:56 AM, ImamAliwabas said:

Your not the only one 99% of my dreams are bad and mostly come true. Im sick of them. I wish i would get the good ones more. 

Salam Alaikom, you can read here some hadith so one can have knowledge about their duty towards the dreams: http://www.hadithdatabank.com/preview.php?mod=4&id=324

• Advanced Member

Salam Aalikom, i do recommend that one should sleep with Wudhu-minor ablution -, and reciting a dua or read some verses example verses that make you wake in time for prayer for a while and see if it goes away. Also visit a sheikh and tell him about the condition they will help you. http://www.duas.org/bedtimedua.htm

For example observe some etiquette while sleeping, such as not sleeping on stomach, not eating meat or much other food when it is sleep time, specially you siblings that have extraordinary conditions and even dream our dreams lo.

This is really short text on what the reality of dream is: http://www.al-islam.org/180-questions-about-islam-vol-2-various-issues-makarim-shirazi/18-what-reality-dreams

Edited by Ali.Isa
  • Advanced Member

Salam. 

I think getting bad dreams depends on many factors.

For example depend on' How you sleep, what you eat before sleeping, to what you think in the bed.

So we have many narrations that give us advises for sleeping. I count some of them in the bottom:

1. Sleep on the right side of your body.

2. Sleep in the situation that your chest become to Gheblah direction (Kaaba).

3.  Not full and not hungry.

4. Recite some verses, like Fatahah, Towhid, Nad, Falaq.

and also we have some advises from Imam to how sleep to see the prophet.

I will bring for you this narration very soon inshAllah.

I wish for all my brothers good dream.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

there is a best way to get rid of bad dreams dnt take heavy dinner .. avoid protein rich diets during night sleep early , keep clean ur clothes and body  i mean mutahir. and do wazoo b4 u go to bed ... follow these ways i promise you will get rid of bad dreams inshallah

• Forum Administrators

Salaams,

You could also try reciting the following:

Surah AL LAYL (92)

Whoso recites this surah 15 or 20 times before going to sleep, he would see pleasing dreams and no evil would come near him during his sleep as he would be under Allah's (s.w.t) protection. 

Surah MARYAM (19)

Whoso writes this surah on paper and wears it around the neck would only see good dreams. Whoso writes this surah on paper and keeps it in a bottle inside the house would always see good dreams.

http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=3444

Edited by Heavenly_Silk
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

25Feb16

There is a feature on DeutscheWelle -- dw.de -- in the current or last program of "In Good shape", near the end.

The psychologist interviewed said things like sleep positions, controlling lucid-dreaming, and other things can affect dreaming and change dreaming.

• 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

The most common myth about dreaming is that some of us don’t dream. The next most common myth is that if I die in my sleep that I’ll never wake up. This death dream is more about our overall anxiety and confusion about death and less to do with any reality about dreaming.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

If you want to dream less, try not to eat too much before sleeping. I personally eat at 5pm and I sleep at 10 or 11pm without being hungry at all. Also, don't overeat, nor drink coffee/tea before going to bed.

The reason why you are dreaming could also be due to light exposure. If you are watching tv at night, or using a computer/smartphone/anything that emits light, it will disturb your sleep and therefore you'll dream more.

This is my personnal experience about dreaming. If you want to get deeper sleep, just avoid the two things mentionned above.

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

On 4/23/2016 at 3:29 AM, zoella90 said:

Dreams have relation with our life..I also had 2 nightmares that actually came true - that was spooky. They were dreams I told a few people about because I was so deeply moved by them and an hour or so later they came true.

Salam Alaikom,

ـ رسولُ اللهِ‏ِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ): إذا رَأى أحَدُكُـم الرؤيـا الحَسَنَةَ فَلْيُفَسِّرْها ولْيُخبِرْ بها ، وإذا رَأى الرؤيا القَبيحَةَ فلا يُفَسِّرْها ولا يُخبِرْ بها

6– The Prophet [Peace upon Him & His Family] said, 'When any of you sees a good dream, then go ahead and interpret it and inform others of it, and if you see a bad dream, then neither interpret it, nor inform others of it.’ [Kanz al-`Ummal, no. 41392]

Notes: Hadith about Dreams