Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
starlight

Share Your Dua Acceptance Stories

Rate this topic

Besides all the times we have asked for prayers from each other in the thoughts thread, and they have all come true (as long as I know), most members know the personal story about the accident with my cousin last year. I posted the whole experience through the thoughts thread, it was one of the biggest miracles that happened right in front of my eyes. Anytime my faith waivers, I remember it, I feel an immense wave of faith come within my soul.

You can read about it all here, its about maybe a month of postups of his situation: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234976423-thoughts/?p=2732605

One of the biggest things I have learned is that what ever unfortunate event I am dealt with, no matter the worst possible scenario, I must deep down, accept the future in mind that if it is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) who wills it, then I must graciously accept it. In that mindset, ones prayer is indeed very powerful. There is a difference when you pray for something of which you cannot accept it happening, and in praying for goodness in it submitting to the will of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) what ever the outcome maybe.

Salam,

Allah,.....is full of surprises Alhamdulilah....I wanted a mentor and scholar  in my life and wrote it in my diary.

My sibling gives me a call out of the blue...and my life changed for ever....

My mentor taught me the best prayer which I shall share, maybe some one will realize and utilize in prayer. 

" Asking for anything other than Allah himself, is the stingiest thing you can do to yourself."

From then onwards my prayer changed from other than Allah, to Allah himself, and I cannot be more thankful.

This question not only helps us realise that Allah (swt) has been immensely merciful but hardly any instances where He didn't grant but something better, or granted peace when hearts were worried, guidance when nothing seemed clear, friends when I felt alone, parents and family Alhamdolillah who's a blessing to have around, understanding when prayers weren't suitable, patience when prayers weren't heard, closeness to him when hearts were wild, sustenance when nothing was deserving, protection when others weren't protected, forgiveness when sins weren't disclosed, life when got under a truck, health when neglect is at zenith, turn of events when mind said you're doomed, favors when little was done.

I've forgotten my prayers but they say Allah doesn't. And for every payer which isn't answered, it would be recompensed on the day of judgement in way that we would wish none of our prayers were accepted.

So every payer for me is answered, Alhamdolillah, sooner or later.

Ihmapjnahymes

(salam)  

Here is one from a Somali girl friend of my sisters.

She, F___, was over at the house and my sister and I knew she was having it rough and was stressed out. So we were all sitting at the table and she started telling my sister, in English (which I later thought she did so I'd hear it) about her request for guidance prayer.

So she was doing her four raka and on the fourth raka before she finished and would then make her request, as she straightened up, her worry was removed, plus she knew what to do, how to do it and why to do it as told.

So she divorced her husband, took her little girl (he didn't want her any way) moved into an apartment and waited. My sister and I would help her out.

After a few months, S___ who also had a bad marriage crosses paths with her.  You can figure the rest.

I was "best man" at the wedding.

On 10/19/2015 at 5:13 AM, starlight said:

Then one night, as I was offering salat ul layl... while in prostration I prayed to Allah to help me pass my exams, as I was praying I thought Allah is so Kind and Al Mighty and Powerful why am I asking Him to just pass me in the exams, so I said , Allah I want to get the highest marks (a rare moment of faith overload :P ) I remember feeling calm and peaceful and had a restful sleep which was something so rare those days.

Salatul layl (Namaz E Shab) itself is a blessing. The benefits (rewards) are numerous.

6 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

@starlight

Really sad story. What kind of father and husband throws wife on the street. Must have been something serious, but the kids? what kind of abuse are talking about? happy everything went well.

Please, don't ask unnecessary questions!

On 9/14/2019 at 1:40 AM, AkhiraisReal said:

@starlight

Really sad story. What kind of father and husband throws wife on the street. Must have been something serious, but the kids? what kind of abuse are talking about? happy everything went well.

A rather common kind unfortunately. These things happen quite a lot all over the world, including Muslim communities.

13 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

A rather common kind unfortunately. These things happen quite a lot all over the world, including Muslim communities.

That is really sad. I didn't think it's was something of the norm within Muslim communities unless it's something very serious issue.

if you have arguments or had a fight with each other, then you might take a break for some few hours by separating rooms. But soon enough you get back together and forgive. Throwing one another from the house and kids involved, will make it public and rumors might spread making it humiliating for both partners.

Also depending on the kids age and their responsibility in this, what kind of father just let go of their kids.

Again I don't know the story in this nor am I going to speculate.

But yes unfortunately many men are not acting as men. I have heard many stories of hijabi women being married to men who are themselves alcoholics or drug abusers, always wondered how these women end up with them.

May Allah give us men the strength and patience and guidance of the Imams

Edited by AkhiraisReal

16 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

That is really sad. I didn't think it's was something of the norm within Muslim communities unless it's something very serious issue.

Also depending on the kids age and their responsibility in this, what kind of father just let go of their kids.

What is "serious" enough to warrant one being thrown out of the house? Islamically men are encouraged not to divorce their wives unless they have committed zinaa. Something as major and completely unacceptable is subjected to divorce with its conditions e.g presence of witnesses. So what could possibly allow a man to kick a woman out of a house yet he is religiously bound to provide a roof over her head as part of nafaqah?

On kids: same. What could possibly allow one to shirk their duty as a father, status of his marriage with the mother irrespective. Unfortunately I have learnt the hard way that yes, some parties involve completely innocent victims in their dispute, irrespective of the child's age.

30 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

What is "serious" enough to warrant one being thrown out of the house? Islamically men are encouraged not to divorce their wives unless they have committed zinaa. Something as major and completely unacceptable is subjected to divorce with its conditions e.g presence of witnesses. So what could possibly allow a man to kick a woman out of a house yet he is religiously bound to provide a roof over her head as part of nafaqah?

On kids: same. What could possibly allow one to shirk their duty as a father, status of his marriage with the mother irrespective. Unfortunately I have learnt the hard way that yes, some parties involve completely innocent victims in their dispute, irrespective of the child's age.

thats what I said, "something very serious issue".

there are other reasons to divorce other than zina but anyways. We are going off topic.