Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Lost

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam Alaykum

My family is dysfunctional to say the least. and I think I'm a huge part of the problem, I just don't know if my emotions are Islamically "bad". I know I should respect my step father but I can't. I just generally have a problem with respecting people at all actually, because my mother taught me from a young age that humanity is against you, elders are backwards, you should never be afraid to stand up for yourself (which is positive but was preached aggressively) I don't know whats wrong with me tbh. I don't love my stepdad even though he's been in my life (on weekends) for six years. I don't feel affection towards anyone in my family and more often then not, I'm barely containing my dislike which makes being respectful very difficult.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is: Is there anyone who has ever felt this way and any advice?

Thank you :)

• Advanced Member

salam

it is true that many ppl care only about themselves but we can't hurt ourselves bc of them, can we?

Morality (e.g. being nice etc.) boosts your pace toward completion.

You should notice that you yourself are benefited by righteous deeds as holy Quran states:

مَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا فَلِنَفْسِهِ وَمَنْ أَسَاء فَعَلَيْهَا - [45:15]

Qarai Translation:  Whoever acts righteously, it is for his own soul, and whoever does evil, it is to its own detriment, then you will be brought back to your Lord

• Advanced Member

Salam,

Have you ever thought about what you would feel if your mom or anyone from your family dies? Would you feel sad or perhaps relieved? 

Do you hold a grudge against your mom perhaps for giving you a step-dad? is he good and nice to you or the opposite? 

All of your feelings have a root cause, and it's easier to dissect your feelings so you can better understand why you feel like that and how to solve it. 

• Veteran Member

Salam Alaykum

My family is dysfunctional to say the least. and I think I'm a huge part of the problem, I just don't know if my emotions are Islamically "bad". I know I should respect my step father but I can't. I just generally have a problem with respecting people at all actually, because my mother taught me from a young age that humanity is against you, elders are backwards, you should never be afraid to stand up for yourself (which is positive but was preached aggressively) I don't know whats wrong with me tbh. I don't love my stepdad even though he's been in my life (on weekends) for six years. I don't feel affection towards anyone in my family and more often then not, I'm barely containing my dislike which makes being respectful very difficult.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is: Is there anyone who has ever felt this way and any advice?

Thank you :)

You need to see a Psychiatrist regarding your issues. You have depression.

• 2 weeks later...