Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do You Have To Pray In Iran?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

What? I have never heard of such a thing. Although I haven't lived there, my cousin who has lived there has told us about stories of his fellow friends who never prayed. But what has that got to do with the law? And so  to answer your question, no it is not illegal as far as I know.

To add, there are also Iranian Christians, Jews and Atheists in Iran too.

Edited by IamHussaini
  • Advanced Member

What? I have never heard of such a thing. Although I haven't lived there, my cousin who has lived there has told us about stories of his fellow friends who never prayed. But what has that got to do with the law? And so  to answer your question, no it is not illegal as far as I know.

To add, there are also Iranian Christians, Jews and Atheists in Iran too.

I want to understand why hijab is required in Iran. Some say it is to protect society from deviating but then other things should be forced as well such as mandatory readings of qur'an, mandatory prayers, mandatory fasting, etc.

So if they don't care if you pray, then why do they care about hijab?

• Advanced Member

I want to understand why hijab is required in Iran. Some say it is to protect society from deviating but then other things should be forced as well such as mandatory readings of qur'an, mandatory prayers, mandatory fasting, etc.

So if they don't care if you pray, then why do they care about hijab?

Because Iran itself is an "Islamic" republic. So  I guess the law of the Hijab is to protect its 'image' as an Islamic country, which may also to some extent protect against deviation. But individuals' prayers, fasting or reading of the Qura'an are not displayed in public (other than the Imams or Qari's). So that won't really affect the image.

• Advanced Member

Because Iran itself is an "Islamic" republic. So  I guess the law of the Hijab is to protect its 'image' as an Islamic country, which may also to some extent protect against deviation. But individuals' prayers, fasting or reading of the Qura'an are not displayed in public (other than the Imams or Qari's). So that won't really affect the image.

But that image is false. since it isn't voluntary, their is no truth behind it. When has Islam depended on faking itself? Fasting is also public though. People could eat and drink in public, but I don't think Iran bans it. Might be socially unacceptable but not law.

There is also music that can be played in public. Does Iran ban this?

• Veteran Member

Whether that intention of the person is true or false is besides the point. Immodesty affects everyone around you. What do you mean Islam depends on faking itself? That makes no sense brother. Islam protects the social life. The practice and intention of the muslims who claim to be following under the banner will be judged separately. It has no correlation with abiding by God's law regardless of whether you want to do it or not, or whether you are muslim or not. Drinking is definitely not allowed, period. Music (depending on what kind) is not allowed publicly. If police hear it, they will make you turn it off.

• Advanced Member

But that image is false. since it isn't voluntary, their is no truth behind it. When has Islam depended on faking itself? Fasting is also public though. People could eat and drink in public, but I don't think Iran bans it. Might be socially unacceptable but not law.

There is also music that can be played in public. Does Iran ban this?

It depends on the type of music. But then I wouldn't concern myself with such things.

• Veteran Member

There's a law in Islam (not Iran, but Islamic fiqh in general) that prohibits eating and drinking in public during the month of Ramadan.

There are a lot of measures to stop public sins in Islam (not Iran) and Iran is unable to apply most of those social aspects.