Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaMan14

Accomplishments Of Ali, Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman...

Rate this topic

Salaam and welcome to ShiaChat...nice name

3 hours ago, الرد على الشبهات said:

Narrated Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri:

that Abu Bakr said: "Am I not the most deserving of it among the people, am I not the first to become Muslim, am I not the person of such and such, am I not the person of such and such."

Isnt there a narration by Caliph Abu Bakr that he is prone to mistakes. This would be one of those mistakes. Imam Ali (as) was the first male Muslim. Sunnis try to minimize it by saying he was a boy...yet he was still male.

That hadith is fabricated according to Sheikh Al Albani(r.a.), see in his work "Silsilatu Al Ahadith Al Daifa, volme 10, page 612, hadith 4932"

Which part? Dawat didnt happen?

Some scholars of Tafseer said that this is speaking about all the Muhajereen, Ansar, and Mujahidin.

You may want to re-consider these scholars. The ayah is quite specific, ""And among men is he who sells himself (soul) to seek the pleasure of Allah; and Allah is Affectionate to the servants." (Noble Qar'an, 2:207)". If that is not enough, during this incident, there were no Muhajireen, no Ansar and no Mujahideen. I will let you figure out how.

That famouse hadith is unfortunately fabricated and rejected by our scholars.  

Suyuti rejected this narration in “Leal al masnua” (1/333), and Dhahabi rejected it in “Talkhees Kitab al-Maudua” (1/126/#274).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said: “This narration is from false, fabricated stories–in accordance to the ijma (consensus) of people who know the science of Hadith.” (Mukhtasar Minhaj as-Sunnah)

Shawkani said in “Fawaid al-Majmua” (372/#68): “And in the chain is Eesa ibn Mihran, and he is Rafidhi (Shia extremist), who narrated false stories. Ibn al-Jawzi included this narration in his book on fabricated Hadith.” 

You can find the complete article here: https://youpuncturedtheark.wordpress.com/2016/06/19/forty40-weak-and-fabricated-hadiths-about-ali-ibn-abi-talibra-in-sunni-books/

You are quoting Al-Albani. This is what Sunnis have to say about him:

Albani was criticized by a number of contemporary Sunni scholars. Safar Al-Hawali criticized Albani for his "categorical condemnation of Taqlid" and his "radical hadith based revisionism".[31]

In the early 1970s Syrian Hadith scholar Abd al-Fattah Abu Ghudda published a tract against al-Albani's reevaluation of Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.[32] In 1987 the Egyptian hadith scholar Mahmud Sa'id Mamduh published a work entitled Alerting the Muslim to al-Albani's Transgression upon Sahih Muslim.[32]

He stated that:

Indeed, I have concluded that his methods disagree with those of the jurists and hadith scholars, and that his methods are creating great disarray and evident disruption in the proofs of jurisprudence both generally and specifically. He lacks trust in the Imams of law and hadith, as well as in the rich hadith and law tradition handed down to us, in which the umma has taken great pride.[33]

Syrian hadith scholar Nur al-Din 'Itr rebutted some of al-Albani's views.[34] His contemporary, the Syrian scholar Said Ramadan al-Bouti, took issue with Albani's well-known call for all Palestinians to leave Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.[35] He wrote two rebuttals of al-Albani entitled Anti-Madhabism: the dangers of an innovation that threaten the Sharia and Salafiyya: a blessed historical period, not a school of fiqh.[34]

Lebanese scholar Gibril Fouad Haddad dubbed al-Albani "the chief innovator of our time" and accused him of bid'ah.[32] The "reformed" jihadist Sayyed Imam Al-Sharif considered Albani to be "wrapped in evil" and "not suitable to be a sheikh" for his alleged claim that Jihad is defined as forgiveness, education and prayer.[36]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Nasiruddin_al-Albani

I am not sure if that narration is authentic but it still does not change the fact that Abu Bakr(r.a.), Umar(r.a.), and Uthman(r.a.) were higher in Iman than Ali(r.a.). 

Ah the fake Ashra-Mubashara. Let's assume the narration is correct. Caliph Umar gave orders to have killed (one of more)" 'Uthman is in Paradise, 'Ali is in Paradise, Talhah is in Paradise, Az-Zubair is in Paradise, 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Awf is in Paradise, Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas is in Paradise" depending on the outcome of the Shura. Please confirm Caliph Umar sanctioned the killing of 1-6 members of the 10 promised jannah.

We don't deny the fact that Ali is loved by Allah(s.w.t) and by his Messenger(s.a.w), but I am dont think the hadith says "does not flee".

Sorry brother but "I think" does not work. The others did flee. Islam was disgraced at their ineptitude and pride restored once Imam Ali (as) took over.

Ayah 33 of Chapter 33 of the Quran is speaking about the wives, which is a very interesting topic to discuss.

Do you understand arabic? Can you confirm the gender being referred to in this:

إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا

and there are other narrations that indicate that Abu Bakr(r.a.), Umar(r.a.), and Uthman(r.a.) were higher in Iman than Ali(r.a.).

That is my question here. Based on what achievements during the lifetime of the Prophet are Caliphs Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman higher than Imam Ali (as)

48 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

^wow, everything about Imam Ali (a.s.) is fabricated. 

The hate is strong in this one. 

I am not too surprised that no attempt was made to actually prove what the first 3 caliphs achieved during the lifetime of the Prophet (saw).

12 hours ago, الرد على الشبهات said:
that Abu Bakr said: "Am I not the most deserving of it among the people, am I not the first to become Muslim, am I not the person of such and such, am I not the person of such and such."

So you're going to accept hadiths like this, and not the 100s of other accounts where people say they witnessed Islam in its early days when it was only 3 - "Muhammad, Khadija, and Ali praying". And you're totally going to disregard highly graded hadiths by Sunnis where people laughed at Abu Talib saying his son would be the master (successor) over him because he was the first to follow Muhammad?

Cool.

13 hours ago, الرد على الشبهات said:

but it still does not change the fact that Abu Bakr(r.a.), Umar(r.a.), and Uthman(r.a.) were higher in Iman than Ali(r.a.). 

May Allah (s.w.t) ressurrect you with those three, the people of higher Iman according to you.

Just have a look at their higher Iman in the following verses:

Surah Al-Hujraat, Verse 1:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تُقَدِّمُوا بَيْنَ يَدَيِ اللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

O you who believe! be not forward in the presence of Allah and His Apostle, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Hujraat, Verse 2:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَرْفَعُوا أَصْوَاتَكُمْ فَوْقَ صَوْتِ النَّبِيِّ وَلَا تَجْهَرُوا لَهُ بِالْقَوْلِ كَجَهْرِ بَعْضِكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ أَن تَحْبَطَ أَعْمَالُكُمْ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَشْعُرُونَ

O you who believe! do not raise your voices above the voice of the Prophet, and do not speak loud to him as you speak loud to one another, lest your deeds became null while you do not perceive.
(English - Shakir)

They were on the height of faith when running away from battle fields in Uhud & Hunayn:

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 153:
إِذْ تُصْعِدُونَ وَلَا تَلْوُونَ عَلَىٰ أَحَدٍ وَالرَّسُولُ يَدْعُوكُمْ فِي أُخْرَاكُمْ فَأَثَابَكُمْ غَمًّا بِغَمٍّ لِّكَيْلَا تَحْزَنُوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَاتَكُمْ وَلَا مَا أَصَابَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ

When you ran off precipitately and did not wait for any one, and the Apostle was calling you from your rear, so He gave you another sorrow instead of (your) sorrow, so that you might not grieve at what had escaped you, nor (at) what befell you; and Allah is aware of what you do.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 155:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ تَوَلَّوْا مِنكُمْ يَوْمَ الْتَقَى الْجَمْعَانِ إِنَّمَا اسْتَزَلَّهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ بِبَعْضِ مَا كَسَبُوا وَلَقَدْ عَفَا اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ حَلِيمٌ

(As for) those of you who turned back on the day when the two armies met, only the Shaitan sought to cause them to make a slip on account of some deeds they had done, and certainly Allah has pardoned them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Forbearing.
(English - Shakir)

Edited by Salsabeel

Brother @Salsabeel

they didn't just run away from the battlefields...

bismillah.gif

[Shakir 62:11] And when they see merchandise or sport they break up for It, and leave you standing. Say: What is with Allah is better than sport and (better) than merchandise, and Allah is the best of Sustainers.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 62:11]

The believers are admonished not to get distracted by involvement in amusement and worldly gain at the cost of their duty to Allah. Once when the Holy Prophet was offering the Friday prayers, a caravan entered the town singing, beating drums and playing musical instruments. According to Jabir, save twelve persons including Jabir, everyone who was in the congregation standing behind the Holy Prophet left the masjid and ran to witness the merry-making caravan and transact business with them. Thrice did the people behave like this, then this verse was revealed.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says

Compare this passage with the verse Nur: 37. According to Jabir, whenever the caravans came, all used to leave masjid save a very few.

they used to leave the Prophet (saw) in the middle of Juma prayers for singing / dancing caravans.