Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Who Are Your Enemies

Rate this topic

Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member

Very important subject in deed. There is a summerized speech on the internet by Sayed Hashem Al-Haidari that touches upon a similar subject. I will try to put it here once I find it. I think it is very important as well.

Here it is.

Edited by gerashi_mp

السلام عليكم

At 10:03:

"The Imam of our time when into occultation telling us: as the Shia of the Imam, that: 'during the time I'm not with you, you refer to the Ulama"".

With respect to the message that Shaykh is trying to convey, the above supposed quoted saying/ḥadīth was never said by the Imam al-Ḥujja [a.f]. I'm aware of the famous ḥadīth of 'the public to imitate the scholar with X characteristics' from Imam al-`Askarī [a.s]. 

Edited by Jaafar Al-Shibli

• Veteran Member

السلام عليكم

At 10:03:

With respect to the message that Shaykh is trying to convey, the above supposed quoted saying/ḥadīth was never said by the Imam al-Ḥujja [a.f]. I'm aware of the famous ḥadīth of 'the public to imitate the scholar with X characteristics' from Imam al-`Askarī [a.s]. 

Isn't a waqee' from Imam Mahdi that says :فإنهم حجتي عليكم و انا حجة الله عليهم؟"

As in, take your religion from us directly or from those who narrate from us and no one else! That is to say : No modernists, no academics, no philosophers , no Marxists , No communists, no mainstream media, no self perceived concepts....This is true for aqa'id (including from whom we take our religion) as it is true for ahkam.

Total obedience is for Allah and the ma'soumin 

عن سليم بن قيس الهلالي قال : سمعت أمير المؤمنين ( عليه السلام ) يقول :

احذروا على دينكم ثلاثة : رجلا قرأ القرآن ، حتى إذا رأيت عليه بهجته اخترط سيفه على جاره ، ورماه بالشرك ، فقلت : يا أمير المؤمنين ! أيهما أولى بالشرك ؟ قال : الرامي ، ورجلا استخفّته ، الأكاذيب كلما أحدث احدوثة كذب مدها بأطول منها ، ورجلا آتاه الله سلطاناً ، فزعم أن طاعته طاعة الله ، ومعصيته معصية الله ، وكذب ، لأنه لا طاعة لمخلوق في معصية الخالق ، لا ينبغي أن يكون المخلوق حبه لمعصية الله ، فلا طاعة في معصيته ، ولا طاعة لمن عصى الله ، إنما الطاعة لله ولرسوله ( صلى الله عليه وآله ) ولولاة الأمر ، وإنما أمر الله بطاعة الرسول ( صلى الله عليه وآله ) ، لأنه معصوم مطهر ، لا يأمر بمعصية ، وإنما أمر بطاعة اولي الأمر لانهم معصومون مطهرون ، لا يأمرون بمعصيته .

and the obedience of the scholars is conditioned to their adherence to ahlulbayt ahadith. If they spoke the truth, their obedience is wajib

من استمع الى ناطق فقد عبده، فإن كان الناطق يؤدي عن الله فقد عبد الله

Whoever gave his ears to a speaker and followed him the he is in worshipping status. If the speaker is conveying a true message (true teachings from Allah) then the listener is worshipping Allah.

We see through history a number of examples of previously well educated and pious men who then turned astray. They were set as an example to believers until their misguidance was obvious, then Imams asked believers to severe ties with them.

Your reply was unnecessary. I only objected to the saying he attributed to the Imam al-Ḥujja [a.f]. 

and the obedience of the scholars is conditioned to their adherence to ahlulbayt ahadith. If they spoke the truth, their obedience is wajib

If you are referring to total complete obedience (Mutlaqah), then that is only entitled to the Ahlul Bayt (عليهم السلام), and the Imams (عليهم السلام). If you are referring to Taqleed, that is a bigger problem. Rephrase that statement properly. Anyways, I wasn't objecting to Taqleed. Where did I say: do not follow the scholars? 

Wa `al-salam

• Moderators

Brother with all due respect, the speech was not about taqleed. 

It was about knowing who your enemies are. 

The Khawarij accepted Imam Ali(a.s) as their leader. But they failed to realize that Muawiyah(la) was their enemy. 

That was their mistake. So when Muawiyah(la) did his trick with the Quran at Siffin, they believe that Muawiyah was sincere

so they were deceived. 

Today, we have the same things. There are some Shia who believe that we can follow Wilayat Al Faqih, i.e. do Taqlid, but 

at the same time, we can accept as our friends those who oppose Wilayat Al Faqih and are actively trying to undermine it

and destroy the authority of the marjaa'. That is not possible, either we follow one or the other. IMHO, that was the point. 

If you want a modern example of this, look at a group like UMAA (Universal Muslim American Association). They believe that 

you can be friendly and have warm and close relations with the US Government, the biggest force in the world that stands in opposition

to Wilayat Al Faqih and the marjaa' and also have friendly, warm and close relationship with the marjaa'. This is not possible, so 

in reality they are friends of those who oppose the Wilayat Al Faqih, and they are distant from those who support this. But they

are pretending to be both. This is a big problem, and this is why I discourage brothers and sisters from being closely involved with

that organization. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Brother with all due respect, the speech was not about taqleed. 

It was about knowing who your enemies are. 

The Khawarij accepted Imam Ali(a.s) as their leader. But they failed to realize that Muawiyah(la) was their enemy. 

That was their mistake. So when Muawiyah(la) did his trick with the Quran at Siffin, they believe that Muawiyah was sincere

so they were deceived. 

Yes brother I know. I wasn't talking about Taqleed either. CM assumed I was criticizing the scholars. I only objected to the Shaykh's (somewhat) misquotation of the ḥadīth.