Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Losing My Interest In Religion

Rate this topic

Hassu93

• Advanced Member

2 month ago I regularly use to pray but since This eid there is a lot of change in me

my addiction to movies and entertainment has made me loose my interest in namaz

since tickets here are cheap(10 Indian rupees in chennai) and new releases almost every week in India I spend my weekend watching movies

these days I hardly pray 5 times

and had stay away from things related to Islam

PLEASE HELP ME

• Advanced Member

brother I know its hard sometimes, but remember you have a opportunity someone else will never have.

be grateful of that, and show that by doing the wajib acts.

the best way to pray and not postpone it, is simply just praying on time everytime so it becomes a habit.

take care brother, remember you only do it for yourself

• Forum Administrators

Sitting for long periods of time in a movie theater, on a regular basis, is harmful for your health. Take a walk for free and look at the beauty of the nature which Allah SWT has created for us. Save every penny for a ziyarat trip. 

Its not the movies, its your addiction to fantasy, this occurs when real life becomes difficult to deal with. It could be due to no work, boredom, health issues or no opposite gender for companionship. Look for other goals and see what else you can do for others. As you are from India the opportunity to help the unfortunate is immense and very local, try that. Good luck.

Yes, visit the cemetery, what a good idea and make the person more depressed?. I suggest not to influence others with how one deals with their own inability to function, rather give a general view of the possibilities.

• Veteran Member
On 9/6/2015 at 1:02 PM, monad said:

Its not the movies, its your addiction to fantasy, this occurs when real life becomes difficult to deal with. It could be due to no work, boredom, health issues or no opposite gender for companionship. Look for other goals and see what else you can do for others. As you are from India the opportunity to help the unfortunate is immense and very local, try that. Good luck.

Namaz, seems to be  the factor,  not companionship or boredom. 

• Advanced Member

salam Hassu93,

should you find yourself praying again, you can ask Allah(swt) to guide you & also ask for strenth to keep up prayer... & like one once said, force yourself to pray if you have to. Besides, He(swt) won't burden you with what you cannot bear.

ws

• Advanced Member

Monad speaks the reality. If you dont have a goal in life you easily fall into frivolious entertainment . So find something you really care about that can be a real service to islam or the muslims. The options are wide not only the preacher gets hassanaat there are many things you can do in the name of God.

Make entertainment your reward after you did some kind of work. Dont make it your way of life.

• Forum Administrators
On 9/6/2015 at 1:59 PM, smiley123 said:

start praying again brother, before Allah sends trials and tribulations in ur life to make you pray again. I trust you would rather avoid that

Good observation.

Sooner or later we are all going to be affected by various kinds of misfortunes and tragedies. 

But few people like to anticipate them and much less prepare for them, so that when they do happen there is much less resilience than there could have been. 

It's unlikely that your knowledge of movies will be of much help in those situations.

• Basic Members

2 month ago I regularly use to pray but since This eid there is a lot of change in me

my addiction to movies and entertainment has made me loose my interest in namaz

since tickets here are cheap(10 Indian rupees in chennai) and new releases almost every week in India I spend my weekend watching movies

these days I hardly pray 5 times

and had stay away from things related to Islam

PLEASE HELP ME

First of all be happy that you are finding the path of life (that's why your reading this post) while many other people are totally getting wasted in materialistic goals and drugs, it always makes me laugh when someone talks about a long term goal in life because even death is a short term goal, what comes after that is the real long term goal of this life..

To clarify your doubts about a Creator let me ask you something... look around our Earth, look at the fruits, vegetables, perfect amount of O2 and gravity, perfect distance from the Sun, Moon working as a satellite to control the sea waves and its depth, tons of water stored in sky as clouds and are moving from one place to another showering it smoothly, Animals with night vision and thermal vision, human and everything else exist in this one place Earth.. All these being in one planet can be a co-incident? The universe is a dark place like a desert and Earth in the Universe is like finding an iPhone in a desert... Full package with a shape and features... Think of this; if you find an iPhone in a desert would you think that it just appeared to existence by itself? Isn't it impossible? Someone must have produced it and mixed its materials together in order for it to function flawlessly... Then what doubt is there to find Earth in this deserted black universe which functions flawlessly with every feature? Some power surely has produced it without a doubt.

Now moving to the spiritual side, Apart from Jinn and Human, Allah has created every other beings like robots that would only follow commands of him, But we human and Jinn’s have been given the choice of free will.. When the angels asked Allah why did you create a creature that would not obey your orders and cause bloodshed or mischief? Allah answered surely i know what you do not know.. What did Allah mean by that? That’s people like us who try to find a way to contact him.. Islam provides the perfect method to keep the faith going through our 5 Salah’s, even in a day that you feel low in faith still the duty of Salah is due which keeps ticking our head and reminding the reality of life, sometimes the earthly materials and suffering can cause Satan to whisper unwanted fear and doubt in our mind. But every time we go back for Salah our faith gets restored. This is why i think Islam is a great way of keep in touch with our creator. Allah knows how we feel and Allah knows that faith is not a constant thing and we all are sinners no one is perfect but Allah has given us the ability to repent unlimited times... Allah is the most forgiving and merciful

I will also guide you on a beautiful way to learn the Quran with full understanding (basic English translation is not good enough)

Turn to Surah Baqara and read the first 7 verses of the basic translation, now play this link and listen to this Tafseer lecture regarding those 7 verses... if you liked to learn this way let me know il provide rest of the verses of the same scholar explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzAlk2V-ZUo

the reason Islam asks for Salah 5 times is because Allah knows faith is something that goes down and up, Salah keeps it under control so don’t worry Allah knows our nature he created us and he will accept your repentance even thousand times.. Satan has said i burn their hearts with doubt and sins, but they burn me when they repent to Allah back to back... Even a person who sinned and repent at death bed on last moment might go to heaven, that’s how loving our creator is... Then imagine how much we should love Allah... don’t expect some voice to come and talk to you as God, that’s not what Islam is about, whole point of faith is to have hope of the unseen.. This is what Allah said to angels "i know what yowl don’t about human"... Free will is a choice and we should make the right one because life is too short to take a chance.

If you ever lose faith don’t think you did a huge mistake we all lose faith, but Allah always accepts our repentance even million times.

• Advanced Member

Salam

On 9/6/2015 at 1:02 PM, monad said:

Yes, visit the cemetery, what a good idea and make the person more depressed?. I suggest not to influence others with how one deals with their own inability to function, rather give a general view of the possibilities.

I can not agree on that.
Remembrance of death is not something that depresses us. Vice versa, it makes us active and passionate, I think. by this very remembrance, we keep in mind that we are running out of time and can not waste it. 
besides, this is what the great servants did.

• Basic Members
On 9/6/2015 at 3:14 PM, Darth Vader said:

Get married.

You deserve it. :D

Sometimes we think marriage is some final solution for everything, indeed marriage is a solution to control desire and lower the gaze. But when it comes to missing Salah or addicted to movies and music marriage is not the solution. Solution lies between the person and Allah. I know of Muslim brothers who married and became even better Muslims but also I know of some who married and got influenced by the partners modernization.

• Veteran Member

what sort of religion do they teach you in the subcontinent ?

Not praying because you watch movies? how are the 2 things related?

what sort of help do you exactly expect from here?

back to Allah, son, back to Allah , leave the silliness behind you unless you want to end up as lousy human being, closer to animal than to honoured creature called human

how is movies addiction helping you? HOW? making you numb? making you falsely happy? then what? what dose actually change in your life? NOTHING

you will be the same lame person, insignificant  and never seeing yourself as someone worth to be taken seriously ...leave this path and back to Allah.

Allah calls for everything that is good for us, including building a character that is functional and beneficial to others

pointlessness is lame..

• Advanced Member

what monad said. however, its perfectly normal to be watching movies but as long as its done in moderation.

try going back before eid, see how you felt at that time and see what was it that made you abandon salat. think. there must have something happened which made you turn towards dunya.

there is absolutely no harm in enjoying yourself as long as you keep the thought of Allah alive in your mind.

and hey! at least you're praying, yes hardly but you still are. what made you come here and share your story with us is because your guilty conscience is alive and kicking. all is not lost my friend. you're actually very fortunate that even though you have begun to turn away from Allah, He hasn't left you on your own. imagine if He had. so if anything, let this be an episode of gratefulness, and just see to it that you keep up the 5 times of salat for now.

Peace