Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ChristianVisitor

Are Christians Treated Better In Gulf Countries?

Rate this topic

In an Islamic countries, christians are dhimmis, second class citizens. Only in Lebanon do they have an inclining of being equal. In Iran yes there are Christians as well as Jews but the Iranians forbid proselytisation and only recognise certain Christians, like Catholics and Orthodox. Protestant evangelical groups are persecuted.

In an Islamic countries, christians are dhimmis, second class citizens. Only in Lebanon do they have an inclining of being equal. In Iran yes there are Christians as well as Jews but the Iranians forbid proselytisation and only recognise certain Christians, like Catholics and Orthodox. Protestant evangelical groups are persecuted.

That is because Catholics and Orthodox originate from these areas, where as Protestant do not. Their core beliefs differ greatly, though all are classed as "Christian". Most Anglicans and Protestants do not even view Catholics and Orthdox as "Christians" anyway.

That is because Catholics and Orthodox originate from these areas, where as Protestant do not. Their core beliefs differ greatly, though all are classed as "Christian". Most Anglicans and Protestants do not even view Catholics and Orthdox as "Christians" anyway.

There is an entire staircase of denominations, especially since Protestantism started and whether they consider each other "Christians" is often debated. The vast majority would not call me Christian. They have seperated themselves for minute detail flaws, yet who can say they have it all?

I can see why evangelicals could be persecuted. 

Despite differences, Protestants, Anglicans, Orthordox and Catholics, regard eachothers as Christians.

Are Christians treated better in Gulf Countries like Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, than in Iran?

Why generally, are Muslims being treated better in Christian countries, than Christians in Muslim countries, today? In my view the reason is not religion. From a modern view, the Quran is not more barbaric than the Bible. The reason is political. Many Christian countries have developed democrasy, hardly any Muslim country has. In order to stay in power, Muslim leaders decide how the Quran shall be interpreted. Interpretation varies from country to country, and the inhabitants better stick to the official one. 

There's more "freedom" to go to clubs, drink, eat pork which many Christians enjoy doing these things. These are forbidden in Iran and one can argue these things are bad for body , soul regardless of religion so Iran may be doing others a favor by removing access to these things.

Socially wise what I hear is that Christians and Jews are generally treated with respect by Muslims in Iran.

Why generally, are Muslims being treated better in Christian countries, than Christians in Muslim countries, today? In my view the reason is not religion. From a modern view, the Quran is not more barbaric than the Bible. The reason is political. Many Christian countries have developed democrasy, hardly any Muslim country has. In order to stay in power, Muslim leaders decide how the Quran shall be interpreted. Interpretation varies from country to country, and the inhabitants better stick to the official one.

Can you name one Christian country? Church and state are seperated in most of the Western world.

Christians have no say in the government nor in society. In the Middle East, Christians lived peaceful with Muslims until modern times with mass bullsh!t media spreading far and wide. Most Islamic countries follow a mix of Islamic and Western law. Saudi is the only one following strict Sharia. But there are no almost no Christians in Saudi due to the fact they were all expelled from the Hijaz.

Can you name one Christian country? Church and state are seperated in most of the Western world.

Christians have no say in the government nor in society. In the Middle East, Christians lived peaceful with Muslims until modern times with mass bullsh!t media spreading far and wide. Most Islamic countries follow a mix of Islamic and Western law. Saudi is the only one following strict Sharia. But there are no almost no Christians in Saudi due to the fact they were all expelled from the Hijaz.

OK. When I speak of Christian countries, I mean countries that for centuries have had Christian rulers, and where the great majority still defines themself as religious or secular Christians. I cannot think of any Christian country being ruled by the Church today. Secular rule is supposed to have freedom of religion, Many countries with Islamic rule does not live up to this standard. The Bible is a forbidden book in Saudi Arabia, and in Iran converts to Christianity are threatened with death penalty. 

There's more "freedom" to go to clubs, drink, eat pork which many Christians enjoy doing these things. These are forbidden in Iran and one can argue these things are bad for body , soul regardless of religion so Iran may be doing others a favor by removing access to these things.

Socially wise what I hear is that Christians and Jews are generally treated with respect by Muslims in Iran.

I hope that the Iranians soon will have the freedom to decide for themselves what to have for dinner. 

There are no proofs that pork or wine is not good for your body, when in apropriate quantity

OK. When I speak of Christian countries, I mean countries that for centuries have had Christian rulers, and where the great majority still defines themself as religious or secular Christians. I cannot think of any Christian country being ruled by the Church today. Secular rule is supposed to have freedom of religion, Many countries with Islamic rule does not live up to this standard. The Bible is a forbidden book in Saudi Arabia, and in Iran converts to Christianity are threatened with death penalty.

There is no majority of Christians either. Maybe you did not notice but Christianity is overtaken by Atheism every day. As i said before, there are almost no Islamic countries. Besides Saudi there is none. Just because a majority of muslim live there does not mean its Islamic. Most of the countries of muslims are ruled by American-Israeli puppets. If we look at the past Christians, Jews and Muslims have lived together in Spain for over 500 years under Islamic law and in peace

Iran is not muslim, Iran is Shia.

There is no majority of Christians either. Maybe you did not notice but Christianity is overtaken by Atheism every day. As i said before, there are almost no Islamic countries. Besides Saudi there is none. Just because a majority of muslim live there does not mean its Islamic. Most of the countries of muslims are ruled by American-Israeli puppets. If we look at the past Christians, Jews and Muslims have lived together in Spain for over 500 years under Islamic law and in peace

I have understood your definition of a Christian country. My definition of a Christian or  Muslim country is not limited to how many percentages that believe the Bible or the Quran to be the true word of god. Sweden is a country mainly built on christian culture and history whilst Iran mainly is built on Islamic culture. Therefore I call Sweden Christian and Iran Islamic. I also regard Saudi as being an Islamic nation. Sweden is a democrasy with fredom of speach and religion. Iran is an Islamic republic with limited democrasy, freedom of speach and religion. 

There is an entire staircase of denominations, especially since Protestantism started and whether they consider each other "Christians" is often debated. The vast majority would not call me Christian. They have seperated themselves for minute detail flaws, yet who can say they have it all?

I can see why evangelicals could be persecuted. 

Hello Son of Placid,

Christians calling other Christians "heretics" is really old, isn't it? God however knows who is a "true Christian" and who isn't. What's important is to focus on what Jesus Christ said and obey him. Jesus Christ did say his followers would be persecuted for his name's sake. He did not command his followers to persecute other people, however. Thank God, most Christians don't try to kill each other over differences anymore! In my opinion, the most horrible events in history are when Christians disobey Jesus Christ's commands to love neighbors as oneself and love enemies. 

Personally, I consider Coptics and Orthodox and Catholics and Protestants (I am one) to all be Christian. In all these groups, there are people who truly obey Jesus Christ, and there are people who just say they are Christian but don't obey the Christ. To me, that's like a person calling oneself a vegetarian yet eating beef.

Anyways, Iran does not seem to allow Christians to obey Jesus' Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). Pastor Saeed for example is still in prison :(

Pastor Saeed wasn't born in a Christian home. He was a Muslim and later he accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior. He then began to obey the Great Commission in his country and has been persecuted for it. :( He is not the only former-Muslim-now-Christian who has experienced suffering in Iran. I wonder if a person born into a Christian home has more freedom in Iran than a person born in a Muslim home who becomes a Christian?

Can you imagine if there was a law in the USA against apostasy, or against Muslims giving dawah? Thank God, Muslims in the USA have freedom to invite other people to Islam. Thank God, people born in Christian homes and Christians have the freedom of apostasy.They can choose to no longer be Christian and to convert to Islam or any other religion, or become Atheist or Agnostic if they so desire. I think that's one of the most important freedoms in the USA: the freedom to change one's belief and to proclaim it. 

Peace and God bless you

You say Saudi is Islamic.....Saudi allows Shias to come to hajj......how can shias not be Muslims?

You keep shooting yourself in the foot here buddy.

Hello Dutch002,

Do you believe the Crusades were peaceful? The Crusades were a huge part in Middle Eastern and Eurasia history yet it is interesting how some people totally forgot about them. The Crusades were a carnal reaction to Muslim invasion of "Christian" lands. The Crusades were in disobedience to Jesus Christ's commands to love neighbors as oneself (Matthew 22:35-40; Luke 10:25-37) and love enemies (Matthew 5:43-48; Luke 6:27-37).

So, if Christians had obeyed Jesus Christ, they would have submitted to Muslim conquest like they submitted to the pagan Roman conquest. Most early Christians did not fight for example against the Great Roman Empire.

If Jesus Christ had wanted his people to fight, the Jewish people would have conquered the Romans who had conquered Israel. However, God allowed the Roman Empire to destroy Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 AD. Before this happened, Jesus Christ told his followers (at that time, all his followers were Jewish) to flee Judea, not to fight their enemies the Romans.  

(I boldened some and put Jesus' words in red):

“When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."

- Luke 21:20-24 (NIV)

While critics say that Jesus Christ and his followers didn't fight the Romans who were occupying their lands because they were "weak", God had a different plan because He loves the Romans and other Gentiles too.

Anyways, Christians in Muslim countries who submit to Muslim rule do tend to live peacefully, same as Muslims in Christian or Atheist majority countries who submit to the laws of the land live peacefully. 

Peace and God bless you

You say Saudi is Islamic.....Saudi allows Shias to come to hajj......how can shias not be Muslims?

Hello Repenter,

Great point.

In my opinion, anyone who believes Muhammad is the last prophet and believes in the Qur'an is a Muslim. This of course includes both Shias and Sunnis. The Qur'an makes it clear that Muslims who deliberately kill other Muslims will go to hell, correct?

Peace and God bless you

You keep shooting yourself in the foot here buddy.

I would go with avoiding bombs being throw on Mecca by Iran. Saudi allows Shia to come and 1300 died during Hajj because of the Shia. Also the contrast is huge, there is a huge difference in religion. I saw alot of videos of Shia in Mecca and even if they are so close to the house of God all they care about is the imaams. Even though 99 precent in Mecca dont pray with clay on their head they do. As it says in the Quran: The one who deviates is of the disbelievers.

I would go with avoiding bombs being throw on Mecca by Iran. Saudi allows Shia to come and 1300 died during Hajj because of the Shia. Also the contrast is huge, there is a huge difference in religion. I saw alot of videos of Shia in Mecca and even if they are so close to the house of God all they care about is the imaams. Even though 99 precent in Mecca dont pray with clay on their head they do. As it says in the Quran: The one who deviates is of the disbelievers.

Lel, still believing in your own fairy tales are you? To be honest, you can spew your hatred all you like - not that it matters or creates any emotional anxiety apart from the ever so often giggles at you. I mean really, if you want to talk about disbelief, let's start with your first 3 leaders. 

Lel, still believing in your own fairy tales are you? To be honest, you can spew your hatred all you like - not that it matters or creates any emotional anxiety apart from the ever so often giggles at you. I mean really, if you want to talk about disbelief, let's start with your first 3 leaders. 

I am not spewing any hatred. Iran is known for the possesion of nuclear weapons. And the Shia will do anything to kill the sunnis and destroy Makkah and Medina, just look at the vast amount of shrines they could build.

Shia should be referred to their hadiths which state Karbala is much more important, i suggest taking your pilgrimage to Karbala and stay away from Makkah. Its 90.000 times better to go to Karbala compared to going to Ka'aba according to Shia scriptures. 

Hello Son of Placid,

Christians calling other Christians "heretics" is really old, isn't it? God however knows who is a "true Christian" and who isn't. What's important is to focus on what Jesus Christ said and obey him. Jesus Christ did say his followers would be persecuted for his name's sake. He did not command his followers to persecute other people, however. Thank God, most Christians don't try to kill each other over differences anymore! In my opinion, the most horrible events in history are when Christians disobey Jesus Christ's commands to love neighbors as oneself and love enemies. 

Personally, I consider Coptics and Orthodox and Catholics and Protestants (I am one) to all be Christian. In all these groups, there are people who truly obey Jesus Christ, and there are people who just say they are Christian but don't obey the Christ. To me, that's like a person calling oneself a vegetarian yet eating beef.

Anyways, Iran does not seem to allow Christians to obey Jesus' Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). Pastor Saeed for example is still in prison :(

Pastor Saeed wasn't born in a Christian home. He was a Muslim and later he accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior. He then began to obey the Great Commission in his country and has been persecuted for it. :( He is not the only former-Muslim-now-Christian who has experienced suffering in Iran. I wonder if a person born into a Christian home has more freedom in Iran than a person born in a Muslim home who becomes a Christian?

Can you imagine if there was a law in the USA against apostasy, or against Muslims giving dawah? Thank God, Muslims in the USA have freedom to invite other people to Islam. Thank God, people born in Christian homes and Christians have the freedom of apostasy.They can choose to no longer be Christian and to convert to Islam or any other religion, or become Atheist or Agnostic if they so desire. I think that's one of the most important freedoms in the USA: the freedom to change one's belief and to proclaim it. 

Peace and God bless you

Hi ChristianLady

I agree. Calling other denominations heretics is old, yet ever present. 

As witnessed above, you can see it is not only Christians who have divisions.

I still have a PM from a banned member of SC that may agree with the above comments, or not. I really have no idea who's who. 

I will make it easy for you. Sunnis take Islam from companions and Shia from family of Prophet. Then came four Sunni Imams who taught Laws of Islam. Those who follow them are called Muqalid and wahabi ghair muqalid,they only follow Quran and Hadith.I am a Hanfi Muqulid and against the wahabis.In India,Hanfis were further divided into deobandis(shia haters)and barelvis(more tolerant and tomb worshippers of saints).

I am a deobandi but shia consider them as a wahabi and hate them.Deobandi hate barelvis. Both wahabi and deobandis hate shia and consider them kafirs. Barelvis love shias but hate wahabis and deobandis,Sound confusing right?And now you know why Muslims will blow eachother.,

I wish I could curse Muslims like you do Christians and not get banned from the shiachat.One thing Islam must learn from Christianity, how to tolerate criticism and coexist with others.

I believe anyone who knows God well enough to judge others doesn't really know God that well at all.

As i said before, there are almost no Islamic countries. Besides Saudi there is none. 

I know how you feel. All personal opinions aside lets see what Allahs says about The Arabs in Saudi Arabia, and being the only Islamic country as you said;

The Desert Arabs are the most steeped in disbelief and hypocrisy, and the most likely to ignore the limits that God revealed to His Messenger. God is Knowing and Wise. (At-Tawba: 97)

The Only Surah that does not start with In the name of Allah the compassionate and merciful ... :) I wonder why Allah only mentioned The Arabs and not the Ajams :)

Edited by tendersoul

being from there and talking from experience
the social classes of gulf countries 
1-Foreigners from the west doesn't matter what is their religion  are treated better than even citizens and they receive double the salary  that a citizens gets,
also they are above the law , they can drink alchool,have parties,have premarital sex inside their compounds , basically do what ever they want
2- citizens are enforced to be the state's official sect for example sunni salfi in Saudi Arabia and they get half the salary that westerners get
3-Foreigners not from the west are treated like animals/slaves and get very little salary and get their passports taken and can't travel without the approval of their employer so basically they are in prison

I asked a question here many years ago. 

My neice is in a frenzy. Her son Matt became friends with a boy who's family immigrated from Pakistan. For some reason they moved back, and I guess they were well off because this friend told Matt about the big house, servants and all. Anyway, this family invited Matt to come visit, all expenses paid, flights as well. 

My question was...How safe will a 6 foot blonde haired, blue eyed teenager be in Pakistan.?

The answer I got started with "You have no idea the irony in that question."

"Your description also describes me, and I would be much safer if they didn't know I was Shia."