Rate this topic

Not Married? Keep yourself busy! Please, instead of thinking how many unIslamic things there are in this video, just remember the good things.

The only "unIslamic thing" in the video would maybe be petting the Dog? But taking care of the Dog probably outweighs that though. Being a good person is what being is about. This guy is a better Muslim than many "real Muslims" who might pray and fast but their actions are terrible.

Thanks for the likes and great comments.  Here is an important video by Mr. Aliakbar Raefipoor about staying chaste. The clip is in Farsi, but the subtitles are in English. 

If you can't see the video, here is a transcript of Mr. Aliakbar Raefipoor's speech:

In the name of God the Beneficent The Merciful. My dear brothers and sisters, I've been asked "What do do for Imam Mahdi Aj?" Say Bismillah and start purifying yourself. Be virtuous and chaste. Don't commit any sin that makes you ashamed! If you are under pressure of sexual desire [and you can't wed] avoid sexual content. You know that website will raise your lust, Why are you going there? You know watching that movie stimulates you, Whay are you watching that? Even you not being sexually motivated, They have their effects on you!

My job requires watching movies that others don't watch or reading books that others don't read. I need to know what enemies are up to [Through their movies and books]. I asked one of the Maraje about this. He answered Don't look if it's not necessary." I stopped that (watching movies) and I don't look even it be necessary. Let someone else analyze the movie. Drinking alcohol is a big sin but you are not a sinner if you don't know it is alcohol. But it will drive you drunk! Isn't it so? This has its effect!

The sins distance you from Abbas AS (shahid in Karbala) so don't watch! Satellite TVs are made for this, swear to God, 12 million websites are active in America. Why they spend so much money? Do you know how much running a website costs? We pay our website costs very hard! Why they run 12 million websites for free? Someone ruins his/her prestige by publishing his/her naked photo on the web...You think they do that for free? Each one of them got paid. Why they spend so much money? Because they don't want you to be like Abbas AS. Abbas AS was virtuous and chaste. That's the reason he could help his Imam AS. O God, hasten the return of Imam Mahdi AJ. 

Very beautifull videos especially the 2nd one. If you live in a western country then you are aware that sex is everywhere, it is difficult to avoid it even when on a bus or a train (as it is used in advertising).

How do you guys do to avoid it? 

Indeed in this age it is very hard to overcome our emotions while every where is vulgarity. On TV, radio, internet every where. but it is Allah wants that HE see that their creature is love with HIM more then other things. Ahlul Bait (a.s.) will definitely proud to see their followers who overcome on their desires even such a tough atmosphere.

Salam ,

That's a great video. Now sadly in our Arab countries,  youth including myself are not directed towards understanding the pure islamic principles of marriage. Marriage is always seen as "trouble phase" being hanged with responsibilities so on. There aren't much activities or community service managed too to keep youth away from bad habits. With all these apps and open internet access , the islamic youth energy is drained and minds are stirred provoking a new level of challenges. 

I hope marriage is introduced just as it is in Islam.

Spinsterhood is rising in our communities.

Salam all, 

I think the following video clip really hits it on the nail for anyone who's serious about keeping it halal...out of genuine concern, no one wants to see our youth get sucked away...we all live on the same planet, and we know the dangers out there. Genuinely read the Quran and apply it. Make marriage a priority Insha'Allah, and really have a firm control on what you're watching and your gaze. By not doing so...you're messing up your perception/standards of what's "beautiful" because your mind starts playing the comparing game. I've heard lectures on people who are way past their time to have married, and it's because they didn't learn how to control their gazes.

So as awkward as it is for me to say this (as a sister), I think we all have a responsibility to help each other out...Insha'Allah you'll benefit. 

On 9/3/2015 at 2:21 PM, hameedeh said:

Not Married? Keep yourself busy! Please, instead of thinking how many unIslamic things there are in this video, just remember the good things.

Really nice message delivered in this video. Jazakallah :)

Hi every one at the first i should say that i'm really appreciated to join in your group i hope that this groups will be useful for me 

im agree with get married and i know all of benefit that comes after get married but i have some logical reason for have delay for do this

1) financial stability

2)personal job stability 

3)know what you want from living this means that you should know yourself and wanna know whats ur responsibility in the world 

It's tough being a practicing Muslim Brother in the sexualized societies we live in, but its a test from Allah nonetheless. If you struggle with taming your desires, you have to keep busy and remember, are you worshiping Allah or your privates? This is one of the toughest phases males go through, especially Muslim brothers who keep chaste, but if you can overcome your nafs, your marriage and future relationships will have so much barakah.

I am not married,  i am busy but I am so damn broken. Whomsoever i ask for a hand in marriage they keep rejecting me.  It looks quite gloomy atm.  May Allah give me patience.

If you have prayed and asked Allah SWT to help you get married, but your spouse has not magically appeared in your life, you must be active and do your part. Be humble but tell everyone that you seriously want to get married, mention your good intentions, your good qualities, your hopes, dreams, financial situation. Keep yourself always with ablution (wudhu, wuzu). Recite some of the Holy Quran Surahs and the Duas mentioned here:

http://www.duas.org/matri1.htm

Dealing with Loneliness - Hujjatul Islam Mahdi Mandegari    

[English Subtitles]

elhaam.org Disclaimer: If you are experiencing persistent feelings of loneliness, these might be symptoms of depression. In such cases, it is extremely important to seek professional help. 

On 9/3/2015 at 2:21 PM, hameedeh said:

Not Married? Keep yourself busy! 

[Mod Note: Removed the video to shorten the quote. The video is in the first post of the topic.]

So sweet I vowe to do more like in 2017

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Mod Note in the quote.

On 9/1/2016 at 1:34 AM, UnkownMuslim said:

Hi every one at the first i should say that i'm really appreciated to join in your group i hope that this groups will be useful for me 

im agree with get married and i know all of benefit that comes after get married but i have some logical reason for have delay for do this

1) financial stability

2)personal job stability 

3)know what you want from living this means that you should know yourself and wanna know whats ur responsibility in the world 

Same here :(