Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AnaAmmar1

Faith In Humanity Restored!

Rate this topic

The founder and President of a non profit organization "World Without Hate."   Rais Bhuiyan, from Bangladesh, this is his story.

Texas executes 9/11 'revenge' killer

Mark Stroman shot dead two convenience store workers he believed to be Arab in Dallas shooting spree in 2001
Mark Stroman

Mark Stroman died by lethal injection despite last-minute representations by his lawyer at the US supreme court. Photograph: Ho/AFP/Getty Images

A man who embarked on a shooting spree in what he claimed was retaliation for 9/11 has been executed at a prison in Texas.

The lone survivor of Mark Stroman's attack on convenience store workers in late 2001, Rais Bhuiyan, originally from Bangladesh, unsuccessfully sued to stop the execution, saying his religious beliefs as a Muslim required him to forgive the man. The courts denied his request.

Stroman, 41, had said hate in the world needed to end and asked for God's grace shortly before the fatal drugs began flowing into his arms. He was pronounced dead less than an hour after his final court appeal was rejected.

Stroman claimed the shooting spree that killed two men and injured a third targeted people from the Middle East, though all three victims were from south Asia. It was the death of 49-year-old Vasudev Patel, from India, that put Stroman on death row. He was also charged but not tried in the shooting death of Waqar Hasan, 46, a Pakistani immigrant who moved to Dallas in 2001 to open a convenience store

Stroman's execution was the eighth this year in Texas. At least eight other inmates have execution dates in the coming weeks.

From inside the death chamber, Stroman looked at five friends watching through a window and told them he loved them.

"Even though I lay on this gurney, seconds away from my death, I am at total peace," he said. He called himself "still a proud American, Texas loud, Texas proud".

"God bless America. God bless everyone," he added, then turned his head to the warden and said: "Let's do this damn thing."

Feeling the drugs beginning to take effect, he said, he began a countdown. "One, two," he said, slightly gasping. "There it goes."

Eleven minutes later, he was dead.

None of Patel's relatives attended the execution, and instead selected a police officer to represent them.

The execution was delayed for almost three hours before the Texas court of criminal appeals barred a state judge in Austin from considering Bhuiyan's lawsuit to stop the execution. The US supreme court had rejected appeals earlier in the day.

Bhuiyan had asked the courts to halt Stroman's execution and said he wanted to spend time with the inmate to learn more about why the shootings occurred. He lost sight in one of his eyes when Stroman shot him in the face.

"Killing him is not the solution," Bhuiyan said. "He's learning from his mistake. If he's given a chance, he's able to reach out to others and spread that message to others."

A federal district judge in Austin rejected the lawsuit and Bhuiyan's request for an injunction.

Stroman was free on bond for a gun possession arrest at the time of the attack. He had previous convictions for burglary, robbery, theft and credit card abuse, served at least two prison terms and was paroled twice. His juvenile record showed he was involved in an armed robbery at the age of 12.

When police arrested him the day Patel was killed, they found the .44-calibre handgun used in the shooting. Stroman confessed, and court documents show he told authorities he belonged to the Aryan Brotherhood, a white supremacist prison gang. Prosecutors also said he told another jail inmate about the shootings and how automatic weapons police found in his car were intended for a planned attack at a shopping mall.

Stroman more recently denied the white supremacist description. He also had avoided trouble in prison in recent years, said a Texas department of criminal justice spokeswoman.

Stroman blamed the shootings on the loss of a sister in the collapse of one of the World Trade Centre towers – although prosecutors said in court documents that there was no firm evidence she ever existed.

"I wanted those Arabs to feel the same sense of vulnerability and uncertainty on American soil much like the mindset of chaos and bedlam that they were already accustomed to in their home country," he said on a website devoted to his case.

But he also said he'd made a "terrible mistake out of love, grief and anger" and had destroyed his victims' families "out of pure anger and stupidity".

"I'm not the monster the media portrays me," he said last week from death row.

Stroman was also charged but not tried in the shooting death of Waqar Hasan. Hasan was killed four days after the terrorists struck. The attack on Bhuiyan came a week later.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/21/texas-executes-911-revenge-killer

https://www.bbc.co.United Kingdom/news/United Kingdom-england-sussex-48281422

A farmer saved four fox cubs by performing an emergency Caesarean on their dead mother at the side of the road.

Chris Rolfe had been checking on his pregnant ewes when he saw a car hit a fox on his way home towards Haywards Heath, West Sussex.

He went to check on the vixen, who was killed instantly, but then noticed the movement of cubs inside her belly.

He quickly performed the procedure, and took the pups to his mother Jean.

_106974349_60342252_2315195375471043_146

On 8/31/2015 at 4:05 AM, Abu Hadi said:

I didn't post a link to the song, because it is very possible that it is haram, like most of his music(although this one song might not be, not sure), but the song is pretty easy to find on youtube if interested. 

Here are the lyrics for 'Dear Mamma' by Tupac

Very emotional and touching. Some of you know the story, his mother was a crack addict and kicked him out of the house.

But later they reconciled and he wrote this for her. Some of the lyrics are American slang, so some of you from the United Kingdom or Australia might not fully appreciated this. I could try to do a translation if requested. 

Some might wonder why I posted this. It is because it is a practical, modern day example of the Islamic concept of 

'bil Walidayhe Ahsanat'. The command in the Qur'an to do good to your parents. It doesn't really matter who wrote it

but I posted the name because it is the right thing to do to give credit to the author of a work. 

You are appreciated

When I was young me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place
Suspended from school, and scared to go home, I was a fool
With the big boys, breaking all the rules
I shed tears with my baby sister
Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddy's, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama
I reminisce on the stress I caused, it was hell
Hugging on my mama from a jail cell
And who'd think in elementary?
Hey! I see the penitentiary, one day
And running from the police, that's right
Mama catch me, put a whooping to my backside
And even as a crack fiend, mama
You always was a black queen, mama
I finally understand
For a woman it ain't easy trying to raise a man
You always was committed
A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it
There's no way I can pay you back
But the plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

Lady
Don't ya know we love ya? Sweet lady
Dear mama
Place no one above ya, sweet lady
You are appreciated
Don't ya know we love ya?

Now ain't nobody tell us it was fair
No love from my daddy cause the coward wasn't there
He passed away and I didn't cry, cause my anger
Wouldn't let me feel for a stranger
They say I'm wrong and I'm heartless, but all along
I was looking for a father he was gone
I hung around with the Thugs, and even though they sold drugs
They showed a young brother love
I moved out and started really hanging
I needed money of my own so I started slanging
I ain't guilty cause, even though I sell rocks
It feels good putting money in your mailbox
I love paying rent when the rent's due
I hope ya got the diamond necklace that I sent to you
'Cause when I was low you was there for me
And never left me alone because you cared for me
And I could see you coming home after work late
You're in the kitchen trying to fix us a hot plate
Ya just working with the s[Edited Out]s you was given
And mama made miracles every Thanksgiving
But now the road got rough, you're alone
You're trying to raise two bad kids on your own
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

Lady
And dear mama
You are appreciated

Pour out some liquor and I reminisce, cause through the drama
I can always depend on my mama
And when it seems that I'm hopeless
You say the words that can get me back in focus
When I was sick as a little kid
To keep me happy there's no limit to the things you did
And all my childhood memories
Are full of all the sweet things you did for me
And even though I act crazy
I gotta thank the Lord that you made me
There are no words that can express how I feel
You never kept a secret, always stayed real
And I appreciate, how you raised me
And all the extra love that you gave me
I wish I could take the pain away
If you can make it through the night there's a brighter day
Everything will be alright if ya hold on
It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

Lady
And dear mama
You are appreciated

Sweet lady
And dear mama

Dear mama
Lady, lady, lady

Brother, but when it comes to our community, why wasn't  bil walidayna ihsana not applied to the sister who left her home.  I wish there was consistency.