Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Zendegi

Becoming An Iranian Citizen Just Got Easier

Rate this topic

IRI has taken a page out of the books of US military and other military countries. Somebody who has fight in a war for the country deserves Iranian citizenship, regardless of religion or race. Being in a war is not easy at all, France has done that for at least a century like if you are a foreigner or an illegal alien, join the la Legion Étrangere or foreign legion and stay alive after 5 years they will give you French citizenship. The marines unit in the US are doing that too, many countries have done too but to a lesser degree.

The amendments are part of a political and militaristic strategy to entice the Afghan refugees, who have resided illegally in the country for such a long time, into fighting Iran’s proxy wars. Those conservatives are basically taking advantage of helplessness of the poor Afghans and the law will work the law will work against some of the most vulnerable people in the country and region.

Personally I think Iran should welcome educated and respectful people in a process of naturalization just like any other country.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/28/iran-s-surprising-new-foreign-legion.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thedailybeast%2Farticles+%28The+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles%29

Want to become an Iranian citizen? A new law is about to make that a whole lot easier—but you’re going to have to fight for it—literally. Iran’s parliament is considering a new law that will give Iran more fighters for questionable military pursuits.

Iranian members of Parliament have taken steps to award foreign nationals with citizenship in exchange for the small price of taking up arms for Iran.

Proposed amendments to Iran’s Civil Code under the name “Facilitating Naturalization of non-Iranian Veterans, Warriors and Elites” will offer citizenship to foreigners who join Iranian military units—be it border patrol, militias confronting the so-called “Islamic State” in Iraq and Syria, groups involved with public order operations, or any of Iran’s less “official” military initiatives, including support for Hezbollah in Lebanon. Under the amendments, “revolutionary heroes” can become citizens without undergoing existing naturalization requirements.

Parliamentarians who signed the bill say those who “serve the revolution,” including people who have contributed to Iran’s scientific progress, will be entitled to easier access to the citizenship they deserve. Yet human-rights activists and lawyers say the amendments are part of a political and militaristic strategy to entice immigrants, who have resided illegally in the country since 1979, into fighting Iran’s proxy wars. 

If passed, the amendment to Article 980 will allow a new working group—the Committee for Granting Naturalization to non-Iranian Veterans, Warriors and Elites—to decide if a non-Iranian “revolutionary” will be granted Iranian citizenship. The MPs who tabled the bill on January 12 include several conservative parliamentarians who are currently waiting for their amendment to be reviewed.

Edited by Zendegi

This is the photo you see in the link provided by the OP. What does a photo from October 2001 of a Taliban soldier in Makaki, Afghanistan have to do with becoming an Iranian citizen? Iran is going to give that guy citizenship? I guess they think that people won't know the difference between a "revolutionary hero" and a Taliban. Another manufactured news story. 

48026415.cached.jpg

What does a photo from October 2001 of a Taliban soldier in Makaki, Afghanistan have to do with becoming an Iranian citizen? Iran is going to give that guy citizenship? I guess they think that people won't know the difference between a "revolutionary hero" and a Taliban. Another manufactured news story. 

I guess they made a careless choice of photos. Well this was the original article it was derived from http://en.iranwire.com/features/6721/#carousel-6721

Al Hashmi., on 30 Aug 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

simply you would have said, iran and its shia allies who are against sunnis !

Thanks

Theyre not against sunnis they are against injustice and are pro islam

just because countries like Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Qatar to name a few are against shia doesn't mean the shia countries are against majority sunni countries your allowed to be sunni and practice your religion in any one of those countries.

While the same cant be said for the shia in Saudi Arabia and Jordan.

Theyre not against sunnis they are against injustice and are pro islam

By supporting tyrant mass-killer like butcher al, and helping hizbul-terrorists who are assisting in crimes of assad ! Being shia you can say they are pro islam, and for uz they are anti islam.

simply you would have said, iran and its shia allies who are against sunnis !

Thanks

Shia's are not against Sunni's.

I know you want them to be against Sunni's so you have a justification trying to eliminating them. 

You're welcome.

Edited by Skanderbeg

Shia's are not against Sunni's.

I know you want them to be against Sunni's so you have a justification trying to eliminating them. 

You're welcome.

NO, iam not keen for anything that you had blamed me for. Dont you read/sees news, what is going on in mid east ! Simply tell me what bashar al is doing is correct, and by supporting him iran is doing any good or not !

Thanks you welcomed me as muhajir on this forum.

If Bashar al-Assad was against Sunni's he wouldn't allow Sunni's around him and in his army.

Because there are Takfiri who want to wipe out all other beliefs with a Sunni background he has to fight them.

And when there are casualties on their side they pretend as if it is because he is against all Sunni's while he is only against those who fight him.