Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Thanna

Hawza In London Or Even Online Courses?

Rate this topic

Salam,

Following a recent tragic life event, I have finally realised the inevitable; namely, how temporary this life really is and how short it can be. As a result of some reflection I realised that I know so little about the faith that I choose to follow and want to rectify this before my time is up inshAllah. Consequently, I've been trying to find a decent hawza course to begin reading more on my religion and so far my search has not been fruitful unless I pack up and travel to Iran - which at this current moment is not feasible for me although I do plan to go at some point inshAllah...

My question is does anyone know of any good courses on the study of Islam, I was contemplating taking an Islamic Studies course at the many UK universities that do them but I'm just worried they will not be Ahlul Bayt orientated or be based on literature such as Ibn Taymiyyah or sahih Bukhari..etc .... Although no disrespect is intended for anyone who follows this literature, I prefer my knowledge be geared towards the study of Ahlul Bayt. I feel like I have so much love for Ahlul Bayt but unfortunately , I am so uninformed of their stories because I have not bothered to educate myself on them until now..

Any information or starting point even would be much appreciated.... I would love to start this 'quest for knowledge' before Muharram.

I have read another thread on here regarding hawza but it was from over 5 years ago and I came out more clueless than when I went in lol... I just hope there have been more developments in options for resources since then that I can take advantage of. Thank you