Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Gender Forums - New Rules

Rate this topic

Sumerian

New rules are needed. Brothers shouldn't comment in sisters forum. Sisters shouldn't comment on brothers forum. Otherwise what's the point of gender forums? For names? 

And to avoid people posting in the other forum without knowing (like I have done in the past, I'm very sorry sisters please forgive me), make the topics in the 'recent topics' have different colours depending on gender.

Pink for sisters.

Blue for brothers.

Please no liberals, emotional people or feminists reply to this thread.

Forgive my spelling this thread was written late at night.

Thank you.

Edited by The Batman

• Advanced Member

What? Why? Sometimes i admit i pop in to the Sisters forum like for the thread 'would you have a second wife' i think its quite informative for a male to understand a female. Of course i dont mean go in and read everything but some topics catch your eye.

• Veteran Member

Maybe the site needs a sub-sub-forums for sisters or brothers only threads, or something like that. Something that let the OP to choose and let the other members know if they are allowed to post on the topics related to the opposite gender.

Anyways, this issue should be solved once and for all. At least it should be clear what the rules for the gender forums are and if members can post on the opposite gender's threads. I know there is no problem to post, but it should be clear so that all members know that.

Edited by kamyar

• Development Team

why do people forget that its internet?

Everybody is going to read and probably reply to any thread they find interesting. so just take a chill pill.

Exactly, Batman as much as I admire your efforts and I am with Kamyar on this (There should be like sub-sub forum), Magma and Ammar have a point, this is the Internet and people are going to reply to whatever thread they find interesting, and it would be very difficult to regulate who the threads. So, sit back, relax and take a chill pill.

• Veteran Member

Evidently you cannot discriminate by gender on the internet, especially the way that has been suggested.

Anyway, I like the forums as they are now. To be honest, I would even prefer what magma suggests. One single forum. Though I'm a male, I find the topics in the sisters forum way more interesting to read and participate in as they touch different topics which are worth thinking about. Apart from that, considering the low activity of both forums, a merge isn't a crazy thing anyway. An original poster can always ask for men or women not to answer the thread.

Batman, I'm considering buying a pink shirt because of your suggestion xD! I better do soon as pink looks awesome during summer and it's going to end soon :(

Edited by Bakir

• Advanced Member

Evidently you cannot discriminate by gender on the internet, especially the way that has been suggested.

Anyway, I like the forums as they are now. To be honest, I would even prefer what magma suggests. One single forum. Though I'm a male, I find the topics in the sisters forum way more interesting to read and participate in as they touch different topics which are worth thinking about.

Batman, I'm considering buying a pink shirt because of your suggestion xD! I better do soon as pink looks awesome during summer and it's going to end soon :(

you want him to tell you that pink is haraam for males? :p

tbh, even i like the forums as they are right now. obviously not a fan of the brother's section considering that the sisters forum has a whole lot more to offer other than gaming and, well, other stuff that i don't want to mention :p

my favorite though remains the social, family and marriage issues section.

• Veteran Member

I never understood why we talk about games in the brothers forum lol. Each year, the number of female students in game development increases a lot (and I honestly think it is very possitive considering the lack of female thinking we have behind many games). Seriously, I'm sick of the fact that in videogames, the stronger a male character is, the bigger and more armor and shield he has. And when it comes to females, the stronger they are, the less clothes they have. What sick logic is that? I'm happy to know that is changing :P.

I know batman's ruling on pink apo. If it is to imitate women, it is haraam. I have nothing to worry about here, the only purpose is to annoy him lol. I always preferred the "manly" blue over pink :p.

• Advanced Member

as a coincidence, Ibrahim is wearing a pink shirt right now LOL 

i don't get the color stereotypes for some reason. i mean, girls all over the world wear blue, so why can't men wear pink? and to think that there are so many beautiful shades of pink!!! 

and don't we just love annoying batman? :p

the number of girls that i see at gaming arcades in Karachi is, i must say, on the rise too. why does it have to be a guy-only thing? i find it rather progressive that girls have started taking more interest in it. 

• Veteran Member

What? Why? Sometimes i admit i pop in to the Sisters forum like for the thread 'would you have a second wife' i think its quite informative for a male to understand a female. Of course i dont mean go in and read everything but some topics catch your eye.

LOL.

God help us all.

• Veteran Member

What magma said

Basically, this is the internets. Anything you post here is public. So if something is really too embarrassing to be seen by the opposite gender, protect yourself by not posting it.

Having said this, generally speaking people seem to observe proper etiquette. I rarely see sisters in the brothers forum.

Edited by baradar_jackson

Okay, so you can make that rule for yourself, why try and force it on to other people? seems like most have generally been happy with the sister's/bro's forum situation.

This was a suggestion to the admins. I'm not forcing anything, do you know how to read? If you want I can draw you a diagram.

Some threads, like the one you mentioned, shouldn't even be in a sister or brother forum. What I mean is threads specifically for males or females.

Blue for sisters

Pink for brothers

Liberal propaganda.

just leave the site as I did

And yet, you're posting. 

lol

Lame.

I don't even think separate sisters or brothers forums should exist at all, and all those topics should be incorporated into the Social forum, since there is already lots of overlap.  If anyone wishes to have specific discussions involving only one gender, just have a discussion privately through PM or other means. 

There is no way to regulate who can/can't post, and certainly no way to regulate who can/can't read them.  So there's no point. 

Good post, like Kamyar's.

The owner of ShiaChat explained this issue several times. In 2007 he said that ShiaChat will never segregate the Sisters Forum and the Brothers Forum.:

This is not 2007.

why do people forget that its internet?

Everybody is going to read and probably reply to any thread they find interesting. so just take a chill pill.

That's what I'm trying to change.

I think you two need to read this again.

Please no liberals, emotional people or feminists reply to this thread.

• Veteran Member

Everyone knows that here is internet and all members and guests can read your posts, even if you add "Women/Men Only" to your topic's title.

The thing that I have witnessed a few times here is that many members don't know the rules and regard posting on the opposite gender's forum as immoral. 

Here are some examples I have witnessed here:

"This is sister forum. Why are you (a male) posting here?"

"Sorry I (a male) posted here on sister's forum, I couldn't stand myself this time"

And things like the sentences above.

As I said in my first post here and as sister Hameedeh posted the rules, there is no problem for posting on the opposite genders' forum. I repeat, the issue is that some members think it isn't moral or for example if "it's sister forum so brothers can't post on that". Therefore even though there are rules (rules that almost no body have read them, I think) here which explain the issue, it is better to make the issue clear so all people all around the world from the past to the present know that! This way we can avoid feelings and reactions like the ones in the sentences above.

I think I also should say that clearly the OP has a good intention for creating such a topic. Some of our responses don't seem to be nice. I don't see any reason for that. 

Edited by kamyar

• Moderators

My sister told me pink used to be for boys because it is a shade of red, an aggressive color, and cool peaceful blue was for girls. The gender colors were switched by feminists in the 1930s. Look it up; I was skeptical but it appears to be true.

My sister told me pink used to be for boys because it is a shade of red, an aggressive color, and cool peaceful blue was for girls. The gender colors were switched by feminists in the 1930s. Look it up; I was skeptical but it appears to be true.

Now it is a female thing. That's what's important. 

• Veteran Member

I think both sub-forums should be closed. Brothers' forum is full of stuff produced of male hormones. It really has no purpose. No idea about Sisters' forum since I don't read it but it will only be just that both be shut down. ^^^

• Moderators

I think both sub-forums should be closed. Brothers' forum is full of stuff produced of male hormones. It really has no purpose. No idea about Sisters' forum since I don't read it but it will only be just that both be shut down. ^^^

Sisters' forum is worthwhile. I don't typically pay attention to the guy topics.

I think rather than restrictive rules, we just need social etiquette. If you don't want the other gender to comment on your topic, just include "females only" or "males only" in the title. Then if people don't respect your request you should ignore them.

• Veteran Member

This was a suggestion to the admins. I'm not forcing anything, do you know how to read? If you want I can draw you a diagram.

You dont do subtle do you? in your mind is may have been a suggestion, but it reads like a demand.

Having said this, generally speaking people seem to observe proper etiquette. I rarely see sisters in the brothers forum.

Thats because it stinks of urinals and [Edit: Removed the name of a spicy smelling body spray].