Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
tendersoul

Irfan - Knowing Allah

Rate this topic

Salam tendersoul,

the downloads are of immense value & alhamdulillah, are appreciated. Battling to download the one of wudhu, zikr & another, anyway would you pls kindly organise more of these majlis?

ws

Salam tendersoul

the downloads are of immense value & alhamdulillah, are appreciated. Battling to download the one of wudhu, zikr & another, anyway would you pls kindly organise more of these majlis?

ws

Salam,

Keep trying ! Zekr ! That isThe most important file that may change the course of your life, insha Allah.

Kindly check your inbox.

Wasalam

Edited by tendersoul

salam,

alhamdulillah, the lesson in forqan is that guidance is from Allah(swt). One of the lessons in the book of Allah(swt), al Qur'an, surah Kahf, Nabi Musa & Nabi Khidr(as), is that one must realise his/her lack of knowledge & be humble & seek it from those who are learned than s/he. Tis a hard endevour when there is a lack of sincerity(see thread:Sincerity;Prerequisite for Religous Speakers) from our learned ones. May Allah(swt) guide us. Tis better with these files, much better!

ws

salam,

seems as if tendersoul has unregistered like he said he would...:-(

on the important stuff though, the speaker in those files is highly recommended unlike what is experienced over here, say random topic, woman abuse, a "learned" speaker who speaks out on woman abuse whilst abusing the spouse is not sincere! May Allah(swt) bless tendersoul;-).

ws

as salamu alaykum,

my wife had informed me that we have an account on this forum now, I shall most probably let her deal with it as running the dawa mission and hussayniah, I don't have much time, we are trying to rebuild things in our area, plus I travel non stop.

the best zikr to get closeness to Allah DAT UL DAT is avoiding sin and performing amal al hassanat. so if for instance we start making tahajjud we would cope that with giving up backbiting. This stagery works best, some urafa favored focusing on good deeds ie amal al hassanat, others focused on zohd, while others still focused on simply avoiding sins. the best way is the way of our mentors Ayatullah Khumayni and Ayatullah Bahjat may Allah DAT UL DAT lengthen their shadows.

so a good start would be to make tahajjud ebvery night for 40 days with sura mulk, and dua ahad  and ziyarah ashura after fajr. as while as stopping watching all tv, movies, and video games. at the same time for this 40 days eat only fruits, vegtables, and wheat bread from a shiah store, as well as nuts excluding peanuts. there is so much haram put in food, that once you have 40 days with things that are 100% doubt free halal it works wonders. imam sadiq as says in a mashur akhbar Wahid al hassanat "any piece of flesh that is nourished by haram, marif of Allah can not enter" so its not about giving up meat, but removing doubt, then if you start having good affects then you start eating  from a shiah butcher with good aqaid. ifran is not one aspect of islam it is islam. taking a diet pill but eating chips wont work so all things must be balance as Allah DAT UL DAT says in sura rahman "we created  all things in just balance and due proption".

ya Muhammad you are ali ya ali you are Muhammad ya Fatimah you are Muhammad and ali, ya Muhammad and ali you are both Fatimah, the nur of Allah is one, and you are but 14 mainfestations of his mashiyat.

as salamu alaykum,

my wife had informed me that we have an account on this forum now, I shall most probably let her deal with it as running the dawa mission and hussayniah, I don't have much time, we are trying to rebuild things in our area, plus I travel non stop.

the best zikr to get closeness to Allah DAT UL DAT is avoiding sin and performing amal al hassanat. so if for instance we start making tahajjud we would cope that with giving up backbiting. This stagery works best, some urafa favored focusing on good deeds ie amal al hassanat, others focused on zohd, while others still focused on simply avoiding sins. the best way is the way of our mentors Ayatullah Khumayni and Ayatullah Bahjat may Allah DAT UL DAT lengthen their shadows.

so a good start would be to make tahajjud ebvery night for 40 days with sura mulk, and dua ahad  and ziyarah ashura after fajr. as while as stopping watching all tv, movies, and video games. at the same time for this 40 days eat only fruits, vegtables, and wheat bread from a shiah store, as well as nuts excluding peanuts. there is so much haram put in food, that once you have 40 days with things that are 100% doubt free halal it works wonders. imam sadiq as says in a mashur akhbar Wahid al hassanat "any piece of flesh that is nourished by haram, marif of Allah can not enter" so its not about giving up meat, but removing doubt, then if you start having good affects then you start eating  from a shiah butcher with good aqaid. ifran is not one aspect of islam it is islam. taking a diet pill but eating chips wont work so all things must be balance as Allah DAT UL DAT says in sura rahman "we created  all things in just balance and due proption".

ya Muhammad you are ali ya ali you are Muhammad ya Fatimah you are Muhammad and ali, ya Muhammad and ali you are both Fatimah, the nur of Allah is one, and you are but 14 mainfestations of his mashiyat.

Salam,

You are correct that the best rememberence is ***starting from abandoning sins***. . The sins however are both outward and inward. Meaning, While repeating Zikr of Allah you have try to control even the thoughts you create.

Quran Aya:

وَذَرُوا ظَاهِرَ الْإِثْمِ وَبَاطِنَهُ

So abandon sin, outward and inward. (6:120)

Hadith:

*Imam Jafar Sadiq : The reality of Taqwa is this, that if you have to expose what’s in your mind, place it on a tray and take it to the market then you should not be ashamed of a single item you have displayed.

*The Prophet said : The fasting of the mind from sinful (sinful or useless ) thoughts  is better than the fasting of the stomach from food.

The highest form of Zikr is when the only content of the mind is Thinking about Allah, and his works, and only acting according to his will at all times .Like what prophets and Imams achieved in doing so.

Hence thinking about making a livlihood is also an Ibadah but it has to be along with Zekr of Allah.

Quran Aya:

رِجَالٌ لَّا تُلْهِيهِمْ تِجَارَةٌ وَلَا بَيْعٌ عَن ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَإِقَامِ الصَّلَاةِ وَإِيتَاءِ الزَّكَاةِ يَخَافُونَ يَوْمًا تَتَقَلَّبُ فِيهِ الْقُلُوبُ وَالْأَبْصَارُ ﴿النور: ٣٧﴾

By men who neither trading nor commerce distracts them from God’s remembrance, and from performing the prayers, and from giving alms. They fear a Day when minds and sights are overturned. (24: 37)

Hadith

Imam Ja’far b. Muhammad as-Sadiq narrates from his father, Imam Muhammad b. ‘Ali al-Baqir  was one who performed much Zekr of Allah  and that anytime he walked with him, he would be in the Zekr of Allah when he ate, he would remember Allah even when he was speaking to people, he would not be negligent of

the Zekr of Allah

***The Prophet said: "The People of Paradise will not regret except one thing alone: the hour that passed them by and in which they made no remembrance of Allah" 

The best ways are only of the prophet, the Imams and those who practise exactly what they say.

Anyone who has taken the trouble to listen to the files knows the value of what is being said.
Wasalam
Edited by tendersoul

Salaam..

I really want to, and need to, understand irfaan better... does anyone know how can we go about this? I understand that a guide is important.. and I really want someone to help me...

I converted several years ago, and I am starting to feel this gap/ missing spirituality... with tooo much focus on rituals, fiqh, history, dos and donts, as opposed to nourishment of the nafs....

IF anyone knows how we can learn further, please let me know asap...

I am currently in the Middle East... but anyone in ME or Canada will be helpful (i'm female... but not sure if that matters)

or until then, please let me know if there is any place I can get access to such lectures, majalis of irfaan, etc...

Edited by IFK

Salam ,

Welcome.

Just listen to the audios for now :) you will know very soon.

If you like what you hear , I can assist and share more Insha Allah.

Pm me , after you listen to these files. It does not matter if you are male or female , and no need for any alligence to any sufi master required

Wasalam

Edited by tendersoul

spirituality = spirit

its really that simple

and the reason we say that "Knowing yourself is knowing God"

is because when we are able to learn what we truly are seeking and not what our bodies need and able to separate ourselves so that the desire goes in the right direction, then you will identify your own soul and God through it 

Salam,

Thank you for sharing beautiful post. I would like to share a thing I learnt from my teacher.

Spirit= Ruh= روح= Electricity

The Self= Nafs=نفس= Personality=Operating system

Hence >> "Knowing yourself is knowing God" >> من عرف نفسه عرف ربه

Nafs is not the spirit, it is the self.

They are two separate things as mentioned in the Quran.

For example, there are times you feel abit low and tired  mentally ( low mental charge of spirit) and when you read something uplifting you feel uplifted because the spirit of your mind is charged, But the decision to read was made by the SELF/ nafs/نفس

Imam Ali: Like your body the spirit of your mind also gets tired so refresh it by wise sayings.   al-Kafi

hence the spirit is like electricity and the SELF is like the operating system .

Wasalam

Edited by tendersoul

On 8/22/2015, 7:46:10, tendersoul said:

Salam ,

The whole purpose of creation was to know Allah.

There is a famous divine saying (hadith qudsi)

which can probably be found in all books written about the goal of creation in Islam.

According to this hadith, God says: "I was a hidden treasure; I loved to be known.

Hence I created the world so that I would be known."

Which is known as Marefat Allah. Due to Allah's immense mercy he created us so that we can Realize him.

Marefat Allah should be attained thru the manner the Quran and ahlul bayt prescribed us .

Anything else is personal styles ( sufi chanting , spinning ,seeking allegiance with sufi master to enter into group etc)

Below is the explanation of the most important aspect of Islam and the most essential practice by my teacher, so Insha Allah ,

Allah himself will give us the knowledge of who he is based on our intellectual deep curiosity.

***These non professional recording is done at a simple setting of discussion ,

and the answers are relevant to the intellectual capacity of the questioner ***

The most important part of islam :

What is Zikr and wisdom behind it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n3kpbyjznibsns/zikr.mp3?dl=0

Deep Wisdom behind Azan and Salat:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8ly08gw0dmsve9/wisdom%20behind%20azan-salat.mp3?dl=0

Eitquette before Salat :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d6z8oi19avspue/etiquette%20of%20praying.mp3?dl=0

Wisdom behind Wudhu ( Ablution):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4h56anismengetm/wisdom-of-wudhu.mp3?dl=0

--------

Feel free to comment or ask after listening.

***This post is mainly for- open minded people -who seek to understand.

Wasalam

Thank you for your Gift :D. I enjoyed it very well, especially the wudhu audio! The description in the Audios are amazing and it's the first time i hear such a presentation of the prayers. However, I wanted to ask you about the Teacher's name if you may. Thanks :)

27 minutes ago, random username said:

Thank you for your Gift :D. I enjoyed it very well, especially the wudhu audio! The description in the Audios are amazing and it's the first time i hear such a presentation of the prayers. However, I wanted to ask you about the Teacher's name if you may. Thanks :)

Salam,

alhamdulilah , I am glad it was helpful.

Insha Allah , in the future, once you reach 25 posts :) If I am around.

For now, You can also , hear more of such files, I provided for placid in his thread regarding, Abrahamic religion, about understanding Quran. 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235033379-did-muhammad-follow-the-faith-of-abraham/?do=findComment&comment=2859787

Last not least :

Imam Ali :

Look what is being said, not who is saying it .

Wasalam

:)

Edited by tendersoul

wesellams
the nafs is part of the soul , because the nafs doesnt die with the body, desires will continue with the spirit once you leave this life 

one sufi said that after a person dies it takes 50,000 years to separate the desires from soul, i.e to purify the soul from those basics desires of food , mating etc 

so desires ARE part of the soul 

also a shia lecturer i know of, that was giving irfan classes , said that the soul is made up of three parts "the aql, the qalb, and the nafs"

and even there is plenty of hadith that say that the nafs is part of the soul and even Quranic verses 

such as the hadith which says "the animal soul is all nafs, the angelic soul is all aql, and the human soul is made up of both, hence it can fall to the level worse then an animal, but it can also rise to a level higher then the angels"

Edited by mightymask

58 minutes ago, mightymask said:

wesellams
the nafs is part of the soul , because the nafs doesnt die with the body, desires will continue with the spirit once you leave this 

Salam,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

The response was to someone , who deleted their post , mixing ruh ( spirit ) with nafs ( soul )

The word soul is used as an equavalent to nafs in Arabic.

Although the translation of the word of nafs to soul is still very limiting,

considering the fact, English is a very limited language in comparison to Arabic.

Here is an explanation of nafs and ruh taught by my teacher , if you like to read :

wasalam

15 minutes ago, tendersoul said:

Salam,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

The response was to someone , who deleted their post , mixing ruh ( spirit ) with nafs ( soul )

The word soul is used as an equavalent to nafs in Arabic.

Although the translation of the word of nafs to soul is still very limiting,

considering the fact, English is a very limited language in comparison to Arabic.

Here is an explanation of nafs and ruh taught by my teacher , if you like to read :

wasalam

from where does your teacher get his teachings? 
there is a world of opinion about the soul, but however if we go to the Imams and Quran it is very clear , no need to debilitate or interpolate the meanings 
its quiet simple really , the Imams have explained it very clearly and we dont need to try to interpret it our own way any further 

Animals have PURE nafs , it drives them in all their actions, animals eat, animals, mate, animals sleep etc 

Angels have pure Aql, it drives them in all their actions , they dont eat they dont sleep they dont mate etc but they do worship God in various ways purely

and clearly you can see difference between the two 

now we have both aql and nafs, but we also have free will to choose to do either, we can resist the nafs and we can uphold the aql 

for example 

a person who even pronounces dhikr all day, but then goes at night and does evil is a hypocrite hence his dhikr means nothing but flapping of the tounge

or to use a modern example ISIS is killing a person and reciting "Allahu Ekber" , while it is TRUE what he is saying, his actions are not in alliance with his words, his actions are worshiping shaytan despite that his tongue is saying something which has nothing to do with himself

shows that dhikr on the tongue is just that, so you cant rely on dhikr as a form of telling the truthful from the liars 

however a person who resists he evil of the soul, even if they dont pronounce dhikr with their tounge, their soul is constantly pronouncing dhikr , which is obedience and a purified soul

Imam Khomeinih said "Worship starts when prayer stops" 

point being that saying dhikr alone is useless , it does not do anything if the actions are contrary 

however if a person does the right thing and does not do ANY sins, then he doesnt even need to say dhikr, because his soul is constantly in worship by being pure , and that is true worship and true remembrance 

there is even a hadith from one of the Imams where he was asked "what is remembrance(dhikr) of God , is it to continuously repeat some invocation", and the Imam replied "remembrance of God is when you are faced with EVIL/SIN and you remember God and avoid the EVIL/SIN"

Edited by mightymask

55 minutes ago, mightymask said:

from where does your teacher get his teachings? 
there is a world of opinion about the soul, but however if we go to the Imams and Quran it is very clear , no need to debilitate or interpolate the meanings 
its quiet simple really , the Imams have explained it very clearly and we dont need to try to interpret it our own way any further 

Animals have PURE nafs , it drives them in all their actions, animals eat, animals, mate, animals sleep etc 

Angels have pure Aql, it drives them in all their actions , they dont eat they dont sleep they dont mate etc but they do worship God in various ways purely

and clearly you can see difference between the two 

now we have both aql and nafs, but we also have free will to choose to do either, we can resist the nafs and we can uphold the aql 

for example 

a person who even pronounces dhikr all day, but then goes at night and does evil is a hypocrite hence his dhikr means nothing but flapping of the tounge

or to use a modern example ISIS is killing a person and reciting "Allahu Ekber" , while it is TRUE what he is saying, his actions are not in alliance with his words, his actions are worshiping shaytan despite that his tongue is saying something which has nothing to do with himself

shows that dhikr on the tongue is just that, so you cant rely on dhikr as a form of telling the truthful from the liars 

however a person who resists he evil of the soul, even if they dont pronounce dhikr with their tounge, their soul is constantly pronouncing dhikr , which is obedience and a purified soul

Imam Khomeinih said "Worship starts when prayer stops" 

point being that saying dhikr alone is useless , it does not do anything if the actions are contrary 

however if a person does the right thing and does not do ANY sins, then he doesnt even need to say dhikr, because his soul is constantly in worship by being pure , and that is true worship and true remembrance 

there is even a hadith from one of the Imams where he was asked "what is remembrance(dhikr) of God , is it to continuously repeat some invocation", and the Imam replied "remembrance of God is when you are faced with EVIL/SIN and you remember God and avoid the EVIL/SIN"

Salam brother,

None of this is my personal opinion.

The repeating of Zikr is an order from Allah in the Quran ALONG with Taqwa.

Satan has taken hold of them, and so has caused them to *forget the remembrance of Allah*.These are the partisans of Satan. Indeed, it is Satan’s partisans who are the losers. (58: 19)

Zikr is not to be done by the tongue, other wise the word tongue / speech would have been mentioned in the Quran, but the word nafs is used.

Imam Jafar Sadiq :

The hardest thing for a shia to do is frequent Zikr at all times, even while speaking/ trading / chores:

By men who neither trading nor commerce distracts them from God’s remembrance, and from performing the prayers, and from giving alms. They fear a Day when minds and sights are overturned. (24: 37)

If our nafs would be automatically doing the Zikr, Allah would not say, don't forget Zikr, don't be neglectful of Zikr.

Our nature was to know Allah, that is how he first created us, fitrat Allah, but we forgot  , so we have to be reminded, that is why we have to be in the constant state of Zikr, not by tongue but repeating it as a cycle of thought in ourselves/ nafs.

The explanation here was just about nafs.

We are not talking about TAZKIYEH NAFS here,which is a must , as you mentioned, along with Zikr and Salah , and mind control, and related to Taqwa:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235033605-what-is-taqwa/?do=findComment&comment=2857222

My teacher is a scholar for the past 35 years, he teaches directly from the Quran, Ahlul bayt , and hadiths that correspond with the Quran.

If you really want to understand , Kindly listen to All the files so you can understand what kind of knowledge is being mentioned , having in mind , only questions that are asked are answered.

These audios are not about Taqwa.

Edited by tendersoul

31 minutes ago, tendersoul said:

Salam brother,

None of this is my personal opinion.

The repeating of Zikr is an order from Allah in the Quran ALONG with Taqwa.

The explanation here was just about nafs.

We are not talking about TAZKIYEH NAFS here,which is a must , as you mentioned, along with Zikr and Salah , and mind control, and related to Taqwa:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235033605-what-is-taqwa/?do=findComment&comment=2857222

My teacher is a scholar for the past 35 years, he teaches directly from the Quran, Ahlul bayt , and hadiths that correspond with the Quran.

If you really want to understand , Kindly listen to All the files so you can understand what kind of knowledge is being mentioned , having in mind , only questions that are asked are answered.

These audios are not about Taqwa.

Imam Khominih(R.A) said in one of his books that he would not trust anyone except those who have attained one of the names of Allah(SWT) because even a person may achieve some further abilities which are beyond the norm(what we might call a miracle -like the ability to heal people) and not achieve to reflect one of the names of Allah(SWT) and still preach something which is not true because they might not know the truth but think they know it, which is where the problem lies

To use the best example, Buddhists also have their own dhikr which they use to attain separation from body and soul, however if you ask them "who is Allah(SWT)" they will not be able to answer you , or even if you ask them "Who is Imam Hussein(A.s) " they wont be able to tell you(unless they have general knowledge of other religions)

So it goes to show that truth is in relative and only those which have achieved "Reflecting one of the names of Allah(SWT)" according to Khomeinih can be trusted for advice about spiritual matter 

And the only people who we know of like this is the Imams(peace be upon them all), and they have left us with PLENTY of instructions and explanation, so we dont need to go anywhere else for it, such as Mafatihul Jinan has a prayer and dhikr for every day and even every hour, every month, every week etc 

Edited by mightymask

23 minutes ago, mightymask said:

Imam Khominih(R.A) said in one of his books that he would not trust anyone except those who have attained one of the names of Allah(SWT) because even a person may achieve some further abilities which are beyond the norm(what we might call a miracle -like the ability to heal people) and not achieve to reflect one of the names of Allah(SWT) and still preach something which is not true because they might not know the truth but think they know it, which is where the problem lies

To use the best example, Buddhists also have their own dhikr which they use to attain separation from body and soul, however if you ask them "who is Allah(SWT)" they will not be able to answer you , or even if you ask them "Who is Imam Hussein(A.s) " they wont be able to tell you(unless they have general knowledge of other religions)

So it goes to show that truth is in relative and only those which have achieved "Reflecting one of the names of Allah(SWT)" according to Khomeinih can be trusted for advice about spiritual matter 

Salam ,

You are correct.

I know my teacher, but unfortunately you don't. So you cannot say what he has attained or not.

If you study or have studied directly under Imam Khomeini ,We can discuss further.

Specially that my teacher teaches Zikr of Allah , not any buddists zikr.

You don't have to do what , I mentioned. You can do it from what you have learned from books, and occasional exposure to scholars, not directly studying from them, full time.

Alhamdulilah , you have read Ayatulah Khomeini's books.If you study or have studied *directly under Imam Khomeini or any other scholar and not just their books , it would be more appropriate to discuss further.

I come from a land where Ayatulah Khomeini is from, so we have studied religion from grade one, and exposed to scholars along with books thru out our lives.

Last not least these topics are best discussed in Arabic or Farsi, most English translations of the Quran and Arabic and farsi books are poor, and cannot convey the deep meanings as it should.

Wasalam

Edited by tendersoul

18 minutes ago, tendersoul said:

Salam ,

You are correct.

I know my teacher, but unfortunately you don't. So you cannot say what he has attained or not.

Specially that my teacher teaches Zikr of Allah , not any buddists zikr.

You don't have to do what , I mentioned. You can do it from what you have learned from books, and occasional exposure to scholars, not directly studying from them, full time.

If you want to know the knowledge he has kindly listen to the audios, so you can make better judgement.

Alhamdulilah , you have read Ayatulah Khomeini's books.If you study or have studied *directly under Imam Khomeini or any other scholar and not just their books , it would be more appropriate to discuss further.

I come from a land where Ayatulah Khomeini is from, so we have studied religion from grade one, and exposed to scholars along with books thru out our lives.

Wasalam

i have listened to a few part of one lecture before and i found that what he said is more reminiscent of Sufi/Buddhist teachings then teachings of Ahlul Bayt

such the person says after being asked how to perform dhikr that you need to breathe out a certain way and exhale with the dhikr 

this is typical sufi/buddhist ideas, and there is not one such hadith from the Imams i have ever read concerning such things, they never talk about external remedies and aspects of dhikr but rather of internal concept and meaning

because in the end it is about obedience to God, not anything else 

my studies of Islamic spirituality from the teachings of Ahlul Bayt has been almost ten years now and i have also read and studied everything and anything i could find even looking to different groups from Sufis to Buddhists how they do things their ways,  and what i heard from that audio you supplied is actually reminiscent of Buddhist/Sufi teachings because they specifically have breathing exercises for meditation , it is a very well known method that they use 

for example:http://www.meditationoasis.com/how-to-meditate/simple-meditations/breathing-meditations/

Imams have NEVER taught such things nor Quran, and if you can prove this point, bring me the proof and i will be willing to consider it

Edited by mightymask

Salam,

If you listened properly he said like a cycle of **thought*** , NOT BREATHING .

For example, while , I am typing this , the word Allah is repeated in ***my mind ***not in my breath. I can stop my breath right now and can still repeat the word Allah in my thoughts, in MYSELF. Without inhaling and exhaling.

I repeat , what he said was NOT BREATHING exercise, but was paced on breath as  cycle of THOUGHT, the word and thought of Allah in YOUR MIND looping , along with thinking about Allah and his creations and higher stage of  Zikr of Allah along with thinking about Allah's attributes at all times.( This is the way to attain the understanding of the attributes of Allah , thru constant Zikr and thinking about Allah's attributes)

And you repeat Allah as a cycle of thought because :

The Word of Allah is the Highest ( 40:9 )

Best example, when you fall extremely sick, you might keep repeating Allah within yourself, while you really are seeking Allah only. Because then only you know, in your NAFS , your self, only Allah can help you , so you keep remembering him in yourself.

This is a situation of mokhleseen Lahudin, where you only remember ONLY Allah.

The questioner was from a Hindu back ground, and asked if it is breathing exersice.

Zikr is NOT a mantra , it has to be done with thinking about Allah .

In Hindu/ buddists mantras , they just repeat a word , they don't think about anything while repeating their mantra.

This is what you saw you in dream , Imam Mahdi was so immersed and focused in the Conscious Zikr of Allah in his mind , nothing else seemed to be as important.

Because you are tuned into the frequency of Allah and satan cannot penetrate such deep Zikr and contemplation.

If you would have listened to Azan and Salah you would have had a better understanding of his knowledge.

My last suggestion if you are serious about religion , learn farsi or Arabic, and best to study under a scholar, who you atleast approve of.

Book and self studies by itself in this path in not sufficient.

That is why we have the ketab mobin and the Imam mobin as a clear guide.

Not just the book by itself.

For me personally, I would rather learn and listen to someone who knows the Quran, Al-kafi, Al mizan, safi, javadi amoli,Bihar Al Anwar,etc ,you name it and many other books back to forth and by heart and whose language is farsi, and has perfect knowledge of Arabic grammar, and is pious and teaches for free for the past 35 years. 

All the best

Wasalam

Edited by tendersoul

6 minutes ago, mightymask said:

Just show me the hadith which verifies your claims about breathing exercises 

and what you describe is only flamboyant dhikr

I  said , it is not breathing exercise.

I am holding my breath now repeating the word Allah in my SELF, without breathing lol.

brother , no need to do what, i mentioned, nor you need to study under any scholar.

You can keep continuing yourself study in English.

All the best.

Edited by tendersoul

you dont realize the implications of what your doing, this is actually what would be considered bidah 

your teacher and you, are propagating something which the Prophet and the Ahlul Bayt and Allah(swt) never thought 

if i were you i would be very careful, especially since your teachings other people and spreading something of your own , or of other religions and other teachings 

there is a simple rule in Islam, that whatever you teach of follow you must be able to verify it in the Quran and Hadith / Ahlul Bayt, if its not verifiable there then it is external to Islam 

and Judgement Day is no joke , teaching something and passing it off as Islam is a very hefty punishment to pay 

it doesnt matter what you do personally, but when you propagate it then you are entering very dangerous grounds 

and THAT is the problem

as a Muslim and as a Shia your main priority should be to protect Islam, not to deroute people from it

because if whatever your doing is doing damage to Islam, even if it gets you billions it should be stopped because in the end we have to return to God and the Judgement Day will be a terrible time and horrible time for all of us, and if you have such a thing hanging on your head as bidah, if you care about your own self , then be very very very careful 

but beside ourselves as individuals, Islam should be your priority not your own self, this is what's called worship of the self  

Edited by mightymask

No problem brother, when you come to Iran, and study all the books of Ayatullah Khomeini in farsi and learn arabic properly, instead of self studies, so you, yourself can realize all the many translations mistakes for yourself.

Maybe we can discuss, Insha Allah.

And if repeating the word Allah which is the highest word in your mind Is Bidah , then it is great , rather than thinking and repeating any other thought in your mind.

You don't need to repeat the highest word which is Allah in your mind. Repeat and think however you wish , and whatever you want in your thoughts.

Any one who finds this illogical can refrain from this and who ever finds thinking and repeating the word Allah in your mind at all times logical ,can do so.

Best to leave this discussion to the highest word.

Allah

Salam,

This is for your information From Ahlul Bayt,

which you called saying the word and Zikr of Allah within ourselves frequently and at  all times a Bidah.

Probably you can learn Arabic and farsi to translate for yourself, now that you are self studying,

before you start making your own translations/interpertations without knowledge of Arabic or farsi

In the Arabic it clearly states to Say/repeat Allah as the reminder in yourself, which only Allah can know/hear and see.

When we have Imams, there is no place for Buddah.

This Zikr of Allah has to done with prevention from sins outwardly and inwardly to start with

and to Ponder on the creations of Allah, along with thinking of Allah's Attributes, for higher level of the mind.

I will  translate a few for you, and you can learn Arabic and Farsi yourself,

now that you have spent ten years reading the translations of the hadiths ,Duas and books in English :

Quran:

وَاذْكُر رَّبَّكَ فِي نَفْسِكَ تَضَرُّعًا وَخِيفَةً وَدُونَ الْجَهْرِ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالْآصَالِ وَلَا تَكُن مِّنَ الْغَافِلِينَ ﴿٧: ٢٠٥﴾

And remember your Lord within yourself, pleadingly and fearfully, and quietly,

in the morning and the evening, and do not be of the neglectful. (Al-A'raaf: 205) 

Hadiths:

. قال الامام الباقر - علیه السّلام - : لا یكتُب المَلَكُ الاّ ما سَمِعَ و قال اللهُ عزوجلّ و اذكر رَبَّكَ فی نَفْسِكَ تضّرعاً و خیفَةًفَلا یعلَمُ ثوابَ ذلك الذّكر ... .

«الکافی، ج 2، ص 502»

Imam Baqir (a.s) Angels, doesn't write unless what they hear.

And Allah Azuwajal says: Remember ( zikr) your Lord in your nafs (self) pleading and fearfully,

Hence the reward of such a zikr, within the nafs of humans and is done hidden, which no one but Allah knows,

Has immense and great reward.

Al- kafi, Volume 2 pg 502

. قال رسول الله - صلی الله علیه و آله - : تركُ الذّكرِ یُمیتُ النَّفْسَ.

«مجموعه ورام، ج 1، ص 250»

The prophet (pbuh) said :

Leaving Zikr, causes death and destruction of the Nafs (self)

Mojmumeh Waram, vol 1, pg 250

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : اصلُ صَلاحِ القَلبِ اِشتغالُهُ بذكرِ الله.

«بحار الانوار، ج 93، ص 188»

Imam Ali (a.s) : The foundation, and root of correction of the mind is being busy with the Zikr of Allah.

( Bihar Al Anwar , Vol 93, page 188 )

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : اُذكُروا اللهَ فی كلِّ مكانٍ فَانَّهُ معكُم.

«بحار الانوار، ج 90، ص 54»

Imam Ali (a.s) said : Remember ( zikr) of Allah,

in all places, As he is in all places and in all conditions with you.

. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : استَدیموا الذّكرَ فاِنَّهُ یُنیرُ القَلبَ و هُوَ افضَلُ العبادَةِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 189، ح 3654»

Imam Ali (a.s) : Consistently remember Allah, and repeat say his Zikr,

Verily, Zikr of Allah, lightens the Mind, and is the highest worship.

قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : قال الله تعالی لموسی - علیه السّلام - : أكثِر ذكری باللیّلِ و النّهارِ و كُنْ عند ذكری خاشعاً.

«بحار الانوار، ج 93، ص 162»

Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s):

Allah the most High said to Hazrat Musa (a.s) : Say/repeat my Zikr frequently, night and day,

And while repeating Zikr of Allah be humble.

( Bihar Al-Anwar, Vol 93 pg 162 )

قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : شیعتُنا الّذین اذا خَلَوا ذَكروا اللهَ كثیراً.

Imam Sadiq (a.s) said : Our shias are those, who when they are alone, and in their aloneness, Zikr of Allah frequently.

( Bihar Al- Anwar Vol 93, page 162)

********************************************************************************************************************

The rest you can take the trouble to translate for yourself :

ذکر

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : كلُّ قَولٍ لیسَ للهِ فیهِ ذكرٌ فَلَغْوٌ.

«بحار الانوار، ج 74، ص 419»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: هر سخنی كه در آن ذكر و یاد خدا نباشد، لغو و بیهوده است.

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: اساس و ریشه پاكی و اصلاح قلب، مشغول نمودنِ آن به ذكر خداوند است. 

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ نورُ الایمانِ.

«بحار الانوار، ج 93، ص 89»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذکر الله، نور ایمان است.

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : الذّكرُ مجالَسَةُ المحبوبِ.

«غرر الحكم، ج 1، ص 15»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر و یاد پروردگار، همنشینی با محبوب (خدا) است

9. قال رسول الله - صلی الله علیه و آله - : قال الله عزّوجلّ: اذا ذَكَرَنی عبدی فی نفسِهِ ذَكرتُهُ فی نفسی و اذا ذَكَرَنی فی مَلاءٍ ذكرتُهُ فی ملاءٍ خیرٌ منهُ ... .

«محجة‌البیضاء، ج 2، ص 267»

رسول خدا - صلی الله علیه و آله - فرمود: خداوند عزوجل می فرماید: چون بنده ام مرا در نفس خویش یاد كند، من نیز او را یاد می كنم و اگر در جمعی مرا یاد كند (و ذكر مرا بر زبان جاری كند)، من در جمعی بهتر از آن او را یاد می نمایم و چون به اندازه یك وجب به سوی من آید، من به مقدار یك ذراع به او نزدیك می شوم و اگر به اندازه یك ذراع به من تقرب بجوید، من به اندازه وسعت گشودن هر دو دست به او نزدیك می شوم و هنگامی كه به سوی من گام بردارد، من به سویِ او می شتابم.

قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : شیعتُنا الّذین اذا خَلَوا ذَكروا اللهَ كثیراً.

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: شیعیان كسانی هستند كه در وقت تنهائی و در خلوتِ خویش، بسیار خدا را یاد می كنند.

. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : استَدیموا الذّكرَ فاِنَّهُ یُنیرُ القَلبَ و هُوَ افضَلُ العبادَةِ.

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: پیوسته به یاد خدا باشید و ذكر او را بگوئید، پس به درستی كه ذكر خدا دل را روشن می نماید و برترین عبادت است.

13. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : اِنَّ اولیاءَ اللهِ لَاَكْثَرُ النّاسِ لَهُ ذكراً و اَدْوَمهُم لَهُ شكراً وَ اعظَمُهُم علی بلائِهِ صَبراً.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3606»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: همانا دوستان خدا، بیشتر از دیگران ذکر الله می كنند و شكرگزارترین آنها هستند و بیشتر از دیگران بر بلاء و سختی، صبر می نمایند.

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : اُذكُروا اللهَ فی كلِّ مكانٍ فَانَّهُ معكُم.

«بحار الانوار، ج 90، ص 54»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: خداوند را در همه جا یاد كنید كه او در همه جا و در همه حال با شما می باشد.

قال الامام الرّضا - علیه السّلام - : مَن ذَكَرَ اللهَ و لم یَسْتَبِقْ الی لقائِهِ فَقد اسْتَهْزَءَ بِنَفْسِهِ

«بحار الانوار، ج 75، ص 356»

امام رضا - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه خداوند را یاد كند و برای دیدار او شتاب نكند، خود را مسخره كرده است.

. قال رسول الله - صلی الله علیه و آله - : لا تكثروا الكلامَ بغَیْرِ ذكرِ اللهِ فاِنَّ كَثْرَةُ الكلامِ بغیرِ ذكرِ اللهِ تُقسیِ القَلْبَ و انّابعَدَ النّاسِ من اللهِ القاسی القلبُ.

«مشكاة الانوار، ص 150»

رسول خدا - صلی الله علیه و آله - فرمود: به غیر از ذكر الله، سخنان دیگر را زیاد نگوئید، پس همانا پرگوئی اگر در غیر از ذكر خدا باشد، قلب را قسی و سخت می كند و كسی كه سنگ دل باشد، دورترین مردم به خداوند است.

قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : قال الله تعالی لموسی - علیه السّلام - : أكثِر ذكری باللیّلِ و النّهارِ و كُنْ عند ذكری خاشعاً.

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: خداوند متعال به حضرت موسی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر من را در شب و روز زیاد بگو و هنگام گفتن ذكر من خاشع باش.

19. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ دواءُ اعلال النّفوسِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3619»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر الله، دوایِ بیماری های جانهاست.

20. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : بذكرِ الله تُستَنْزَلُ الرّحمةُ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3612»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: به واسطه ذكر خدا، رحمت پروردگار نازل می گردد.

21. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ مَطْرَدَةُ الشیطان.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3614»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر خدا، موجب رانده شدن شیطان می گردد.

22. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : مَنْ ذَكَرَ اللهَ سبحانَهُ احیَی اللهُ قَلْبَهُ و نَوَّرَ عَقْلَهُ و لُبَّهُ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 189، ح 3645»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه خداوند سبحان را یاد كند، خدا قلبش را زنده می گرداند و عقل و خردِ او را روشن و نورانی می نماید.

23. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : مَن اِشْتَغَلَ بذكرِ اللهِ طَیِّبَ اللهُ ذكرَهُ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3627»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه به یاد خدا مشغول گردد، خداوند او را به نیكوئی یاد می كند.

24. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : مَنْ عَمَّرَ قَلبَهُ بِدَاوم الذِّكرِ حَسُنَتْ اَفْعالُهُ فی السّرِّ و الجَهرِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 189، ح 3658»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه دل خویش را با دائم الذكر بودن آباد گرداند، خداوند افعال او را در نهان و آشكار، نیكو می گرداند.

25. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ دِعامَةُ الایمانِ وَ عِصْمَةٌ من الشَّیطانِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3620»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذکر الله، ستون ایمان و موجب محافظت از (شرّ) شیطان است.

26. قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : ان الله عزوجلّ یقول: مَنْ شَغَلَ بذِكْرِی عن مَسْألَتی اعطیتُهُ افضَلَ ما اُعْطیِ من سألنی.

«بحار الانوار، ج 93، ص 158»

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه ذكر و یاد من او را از بیانِ درخواست و حاجتِ خود باز دارد، به او بهتر از آن چیزی را كه به درخواست كننده عطا می كنم، عطا خواهم نمود.

27. قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : الذّاكِرُ لِلّهِ عزّوجلَّ فیِ الغافلینَ كالمُقاتلِ فِی المُحاربینَ.

«الکافی، ج 2، ص 502»

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه در میان غفلت كنندگان از یادِ خداوند، به یادِ او باشد، همانند كسی است كه در صف رزمندگان، در راه خدا نبرد می كند.

28. قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : یموتُ المومِنُ بكلّ مِیتةٍ الاّ الصّاعقةَ لا تاخذُهُ و هُوَ یذكر اللهَ عزّوجلَّ.

«الکافی، ج 2، ص 500»

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: انسان مؤمن با هر مرگی از دنیا می رود به غیر از صاعقه‌ آسمانی، زیرا صاعقه، مومنی را كه در حال ذكر خداوند است، فرا نمی گیرد.

29. قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : من اكثَرَ ذكرَ اللهِ عزّوجلَّ اَظلَّهُ اللهُ فی جَنّتِهِ.

«الکافی، ج 2، ص 500»

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: هر كسی كه خداوند را بسیار یاد كند، خداوند در بهشت او را در سایه رحمت خویش قرار می دهد.

. قال رسول الله - صلی الله علیه و آله - : مَنْ اَكْثَرَ ذكرَ اللهِ عزّوجلّ احَّبهُ اللهُ وَ مَن ذَكَرَ اللهَ كَثیراً كُتِبَتْ لَهُ بَراءَتانِ براءةٌ منالنّارِ و براءَةٌ من النّفاقِ.

«مرآة العقول، ج 12، ص 134»

رسول خدا - صلی الله علیه و آله - فرمود: كسی كه زیاد ذكرِ خدا بگوید، خداوند او را دوست می دارد و كسی كه زیاد به یادِ خدا باشد، خداوند دو برائت برای او می نویسد، برائت و دوری از آتش جهنم و برائت و دوری از نفاق و دوروئی.

1. قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : ما مِنْ مجلسٍ یَجتَمِعُ فیهِ ابرارٌ و فُجّارٌ فیقومونَ عَلی غیر ذِكرِ اللهِ الاّ كانَ حَسْرَةًعلیهم یومَ القیامَةِ.

«مرآة العقول، ج 12، ص 120»

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: هیچ مجلسی نیست كه در آن نیكوكاران و بدكاران جمع شوند و بدون ذكر و یادِ خدا برخیزند، جز اینكه در روز قیامت مایه افسوس و حسرت آنان باشد.

. قال الامام الباقر - علیه السّلام - : لا یكتُب المَلَكُ الاّ ما سَمِعَ و قال اللهُ عزوجلّ و اذكر رَبَّكَ فی نَفْسِكَ تضّرعاً و خیفَةًفَلا یعلَمُ ثوابَ ذلك الذّكر ... .

«الکافی، ج 2، ص 502»

امام باقر - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ملائكه نمی نویسند مگر آن چه را می شنوند و خداوند عزوجل می فرماید: پروردگارت را در پیش خود با تضرع و زاری و از روی ترس یاد كن، پس ثواب چنین ذكری كه در نفسِ انسان و پنهانی صورت گیرد را جز خدا كسی نمی داند، زیرا دارای ثواب بسیار بزرگی است.

. قال الامام الباقر - علیه السّلام - : مكتوب فی التوراةِ التی لَم تُغَیَّر ... فاوحی الله تعالی الیه: یا موسَی! اَنا جَلیسُ مَنْذَكرَنی.

«الکافی، ج 2، ص 496»

امام باقر - علیه السّلام - فرمود: در توراتی كه تحریف نشده آمده است كه، موسی - علیه السّلام - از پروردگارش درخواستی كرد. او به خدا عرض كرد، خداوندا تو به من نزدیك هستی تا با تو نجوا کنم (آهسته سخن گویم) و یا از من دوری تا فریاد بزنم. خداوند به او وحی نمود: ای موسی! من همنیشن كسی هستم كه مرا یاد كند. 

. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : الذّكرُ نورُ العَقلِ (العُقول) و حیاةُ النفوسِ وَ جَلاءُ الصّدورِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 189، ح 3634»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر و یاد خدا، موجب روشنی عقل (عقلها)، زنده شدن جانها و جلاء پیدا نمودن سینه هاست.

قال رسول الله - صلی الله علیه و آله - : الذّكرُ خیرٌ من الصّدقةِ.

«نهج الفصاحه، ص 329»

رسول خدا - صلی الله علیه و آله - فرمود: ذكر و یاد خداوند، بهتر از دادن صدقه است.

. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ الله راسُ مالِ كلِّ مؤمِنٍ و ریحُهُ السّلامَةُ مِنَ الشَّیطانِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3621»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذکر الله، سرمایه انسان مؤمن و سودِ آن، سالم ماندن از (شرّ) شیطان است.

. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ مَسَرَّةُ كلّ مِتقٍ و لَذَّةُ كلِّ مؤقنٍ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 189، ح 3653»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: یاد خدا، موجب خشنودی انسان های با تقوا و مایه لذت اهل یقین است.

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : سامعُ ذكرِ اللهِ ذاكرٌ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3622»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی به ذكر خدا گوش فرا دهد، (همانند كسی است كه) ذكر خداوند را بر زبان جاری می كند.

رسول خدا - صلی الله علیه و آله - فرمود: ترك نمودن ذكر و یادِ خدا، موجبِ مرگ و هلاكت نفس می شود.

Edited by tendersoul

Salamualaikun, 

I don't see any wrong  doing from tendersoul from sharing his knowledge about dhikr. On all matters our intention count most.  From "light within me" Journeying towards  Allah, has to be with good intentions from the beginning s. Or else the traveller will not get to rightful  destination. Also  from the downloaded  audio,  the teacher said thinking about anything else is betrayer to Allah . 

May  Allah guide us right. 

On 07/12/2015 at 8:19 AM, Tajudeen said:

Salamualaikun, 

I don't see any wrong  doing from tendersoul from sharing his knowledge about dhikr. On all matters our intention count most.  From "light within me" Journeying towards  Allah, has to be with good intentions from the beginning s. Or else the traveller will not get to rightful  destination. Also  from the downloaded  audio,  the teacher said thinking about anything else is betrayer to Allah . 

May  Allah guide us right. 

i never said that dhikr was wrong, what i said that dhikr is natural, not unnatural, like his teacher describes, and it does not follow buddhists teachings which his teacher describes 

his teacher in one of the audios describes a breathing exercise that buddhists use for meditation , my argument all along was that was he is describing and spreading is bidah because the Imams have never described such a way to do dhikr 

and that was just one thing, so i wonder how many more things was he saying like this, i didnt listen to all the audios, but when i listened to the dhikr one and come across that i had to speak out about it , he is spreading information that has nothing to do with Ahlul Bayt and everything to do with buddhism which is bidah

that was my argument , i never said dhikr is wrong, as he turned it into an argument about what i wasnt talking about , which shows how much he understands 

Edited by mightymask

5 hours ago, mightymask said:

i never said that dhikr was wrong, what i said that dhikr is natural, not unnatural, like his teacher describes, and it does not follow buddhists teachings which his teacher describes 

his teacher in one of the audios describes a breathing exercise that buddhists use for meditation , my argument all along was that was he is describing and spreading is bidah because the Imams have never described such a way to do dhikr 

and that was just one thing, so i wonder how many more things was he saying like this, i didnt listen to all the audios, but when i listened to the dhikr one and come across that i had to speak out about it , he is spreading information that has nothing to do with Ahlul Bayt and everything to do with buddhism which is bidah

that was my argument , i never said dhikr is wrong, as he turned it into an argument about what i wasnt talking about , which shows how much he understands 

W/saLam,

| Iistened  once more to the audio file, and the teacher's zikr emphasized on the rythm of the Mind, not breathing.

That notwithstanding, I shall be very gratefulf if you can share Knowledge on this matter.

Thank you

24 minutes ago, Tajudeen said:

W/saLam,

| Iistened  once more to the audio file, and the teacher's zikr emphasized on the rythm of the Mind, not breathing.

That notwithstanding, I shall be very gratefulf if you can share Knowledge on this matter.

Thank you

why do you have to ask me about dhikr? just look at the words of the actual teachers we are meant to be following i.e namely the Imams there is TONNES of hadith from them about it, you couldnt get any more information elsewhere, there is books written about it

the brother posted some hadith above about the importance of Dhikr, but one thing was not mentioned

what is Dhikr? this was asked of one of the Imams and he said "remembering God in times that sin invites you, and through that rememberence not to commit sin" that was one description

so clearly dhikr must be accompanied by action of either abstaining sin or doing good

16 hours ago, mightymask said:

why do you have to ask me about dhikr? just look at the words of the actual teachers we are meant to be following i.e namely the Imams there is TONNES of hadith from them about it, you couldnt get any more information elsewhere, there is books written about it

the brother posted some hadith above about the importance of Dhikr, but one thing was not mentioned

what is Dhikr? this was asked of one of the Imams and he said "remembering God in times that sin invites you, and through that rememberence not to commit sin" that was one description

so clearly dhikr must be accompanied by action of either abstaining sin or doing good

Thanks

On 12/7/2015 at 4:33 AM, mightymask said:

wesellams
the nafs is part of the soul , because the nafs doesnt die with the body, desires will continue with the spirit once you leave this life 

one sufi said that after a person dies it takes 50,000 years to separate the desires from soul, i.e to purify the soul from those basics desires of food , mating etc 

so desires ARE part of the soul 

also a shia lecturer i know of, that was giving irfan classes , said that the soul is made up of three parts "the aql, the qalb, and the nafs"

and even there is plenty of hadith that say that the nafs is part of the soul and even Quranic verses 

such as the hadith which says "the animal soul is all nafs, the angelic soul is all aql, and the human soul is made up of both, hence it can fall to the level worse then an animal, but it can also rise to a level higher then the angels"

Salam the soul is made of three parts or the spirit! What is the human made out of?

Salam Alaikom

Hadith link about zekr, 57 hadith english translate: http://hadithdatabank.com/preview.php?mod=4&id=101

And from one of the posts have chosen these to reflect and put them together to reach a whole conclusion.

قال رسول الله - صلی الله علیه و آله - : تركُ الذّكرِ یُمیتُ النَّفْسَ.

رسول خدا - صلی الله علیه و آله - فرمود: ترك نمودن ذكر و یادِ خدا، موجبِ مرگ و هلاكت نفس می شود

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : سامعُ ذكرِ اللهِ ذاكرٌ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3622»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی به ذكر خدا گوش فرا دهد، (همانند كسی است كه) ذكر خداوند را بر زبان جاری می كند

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ مَسَرَّةُ كلّ مِتقٍ و لَذَّةُ كلِّ مؤقنٍ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 189، ح 3653»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: یاد خدا، موجب خشنودی انسان های با تقوا و مایه لذت اهل یقین است

. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ الله راسُ مالِ كلِّ مؤمِنٍ و ریحُهُ السّلامَةُ مِنَ الشَّیطانِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3621»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذکر الله، سرمایه انسان مؤمن و سودِ آن، سالم ماندن از (شرّ) شیطان است

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : الذّكرُ نورُ العَقلِ (العُقول) و حیاةُ النفوسِ وَ جَلاءُ الصّدورِ

.«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 189، ح 3634»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر و یاد خدا، موجب روشنی عقل (عقلها)، زنده شدن جانها و جلاء پیدا نمودن سینه هاست

. قال رسول الله - صلی الله علیه و آله - : مَنْ اَكْثَرَ ذكرَ اللهِ عزّوجلّ احَّبهُ اللهُ وَ مَن ذَكَرَ اللهَ كَثیراً كُتِبَتْ لَهُ بَراءَتانِ براءةٌ منالنّارِ و براءَةٌ من النّفاقِ.

«مرآة العقول، ج 12، ص 134»

رسول خدا - صلی الله علیه و آله - فرمود: كسی كه زیاد ذكرِ خدا بگوید، خداوند او را دوست می دارد و كسی كه زیاد به یادِ خدا باشد، خداوند دو برائت برای او می نویسد، برائت و دوری از آتش جهنم و برائت و دوری از نفاق و دوروئی

27. قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : الذّاكِرُ لِلّهِ عزّوجلَّ فیِ الغافلینَ كالمُقاتلِ فِی المُحاربینَ.

«الکافی، ج 2، ص 502»

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه در میان غفلت كنندگان از یادِ خداوند، به یادِ او باشد، همانند كسی است كه در صف رزمندگان، در راه خدا نبرد می كند

26. قال الامام الصادق - علیه السّلام - : ان الله عزوجلّ یقول: مَنْ شَغَلَ بذِكْرِی عن مَسْألَتی اعطیتُهُ افضَلَ ما اُعْطیِ من سألنی.

«بحار الانوار، ج 93، ص 158»

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه ذكر و یاد من او را از بیانِ درخواست و حاجتِ خود باز دارد، به او بهتر از آن چیزی را كه به درخواست كننده عطا می كنم، عطا خواهم نمود

25. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ دِعامَةُ الایمانِ وَ عِصْمَةٌ من الشَّیطانِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3620»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذکر الله، ستون ایمان و موجب محافظت از (شرّ) شیطان است

24. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : مَنْ عَمَّرَ قَلبَهُ بِدَاوم الذِّكرِ حَسُنَتْ اَفْعالُهُ فی السّرِّ و الجَهرِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 189، ح 3658»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه دل خویش را با دائم الذكر بودن آباد گرداند، خداوند افعال او را در نهان و آشكار، نیكو می گرداند

23. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : مَن اِشْتَغَلَ بذكرِ اللهِ طَیِّبَ اللهُ ذكرَهُ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3627»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه به یاد خدا مشغول گردد، خداوند او را به نیكوئی یاد می كند

22. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : مَنْ ذَكَرَ اللهَ سبحانَهُ احیَی اللهُ قَلْبَهُ و نَوَّرَ عَقْلَهُ و لُبَّهُ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 189، ح 3645»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه خداوند سبحان را یاد كند، خدا قلبش را زنده می گرداند و عقل و خردِ او را روشن و نورانی می نماید

21. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ مَطْرَدَةُ الشیطان.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3614»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر خدا، موجب رانده شدن شیطان می گردد

20. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : بذكرِ الله تُستَنْزَلُ الرّحمةُ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3612»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: به واسطه ذكر خدا، رحمت پروردگار نازل می گردد

19. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ دواءُ اعلال النّفوسِ.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3619»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر الله، دوایِ بیماری های جانهاست

قال الامام الرّضا - علیه السّلام - : مَن ذَكَرَ اللهَ و لم یَسْتَبِقْ الی لقائِهِ فَقد اسْتَهْزَءَ بِنَفْسِهِ

«بحار الانوار، ج 75، ص 356»

امام رضا - علیه السّلام - فرمود: كسی كه خداوند را یاد كند و برای دیدار او شتاب نكند، خود را مسخره كرده است.

. قال رسول الله - صلی الله علیه و آله - : لا تكثروا الكلامَ بغَیْرِ ذكرِ اللهِ فاِنَّ كَثْرَةُ الكلامِ بغیرِ ذكرِ اللهِ تُقسیِ القَلْبَ و انّابعَدَ النّاسِ من اللهِ القاسی القلبُ.

«مشكاة الانوار، ص 150»

رسول خدا - صلی الله علیه و آله - فرمود: به غیر از ذكر الله، سخنان دیگر را زیاد نگوئید، پس همانا پرگوئی اگر در غیر از ذكر خدا باشد، قلب را قسی و سخت می كند و كسی كه سنگ دل باشد، دورترین مردم به خداوند است.

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: خداوند متعال به حضرت موسی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر من را در شب و روز زیاد بگو و هنگام گفتن ذكر من خاشع باش

امام صادق - علیه السّلام - فرمود: شیعیان كسانی هستند كه در وقت تنهائی و در خلوتِ خویش، بسیار خدا را یاد می كنند.

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: پیوسته به یاد خدا باشید و ذكر او را بگوئید، پس به درستی كه ذكر خدا دل را روشن می نماید و برترین عبادت است.

13. قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : اِنَّ اولیاءَ اللهِ لَاَكْثَرُ النّاسِ لَهُ ذكراً و اَدْوَمهُم لَهُ شكراً وَ اعظَمُهُم علی بلائِهِ صَبراً.

«تصنیف غرر الحكم، ص 188، ح 3606»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: همانا دوستان خدا، بیشتر از دیگران ذکر الله می كنند و شكرگزارترین آنها هستند و بیشتر از دیگران بر بلاء و سختی، صبر می نمایند

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : كلُّ قَولٍ لیسَ للهِ فیهِ ذكرٌ فَلَغْوٌ.

«بحار الانوار، ج 74، ص 419»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: هر سخنی كه در آن ذكر و یاد خدا نباشد، لغو و بیهوده است.

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: اساس و ریشه پاكی و اصلاح قلب، مشغول نمودنِ آن به ذكر خداوند است. 

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : ذكرُ اللهِ نورُ الایمانِ.

«بحار الانوار، ج 93، ص 89»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذکر الله، نور ایمان است.

قال الامام علی - علیه السّلام - : الذّكرُ مجالَسَةُ المحبوبِ.

«غرر الحكم، ج 1، ص 15»

امام علی - علیه السّلام - فرمود: ذكر و یاد پروردگار، همنشینی با محبوب (خدا) است

Imam Ali (a.s) : Consistently remember Allah, and repeat say his Zikr, Verily, Zikr of Allah, lightens the Mind, and is the highest worship.

The prophet (pbuh) said : Leaving Zikr, causes death and destruction of the Nafs (self) Mojmumeh Waram, vol 1, pg 250

Imam Ali (a.s) : The foundation, and root of correction of the mind is being busy with the Zikr of Allah. ( Bihar Al Anwar , Vol 93, page 188 )

***The Prophet said: "The People of Paradise will not regret except one thing alone: the hour that passed them by and in which they made no remembrance of Allah"  This hadith needs source.