Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

In Need Of Islamic Help

Rate this topic

• Basic Members
Hello everybody! I think I need to write a rather long story to clarify why I'm here. So...

I am 19, I was born Christian. I left Christianity when I was 14 due to severely doubting it and not being convinced of its evidence. I began to look into Islam as a hobby around that time. Over the years that hobby turned into passion and I was certain of Islam's truth when I was 17 and so I converted. I practiced Islam as best as I could, fighting with my family and friends, till a few months ago. Then, I started to experience major doubts that would not let me rest at night. I could not assure myself of Islam's truth anymore no matter how hard I tried to reason with myself, to pray for guidance/a sign. It had become so terrible that I couldn't pray anymore without crying due to the insecurity of living an illusion. So I stopped practicing, went to a therapist for the depression and anxiety I developed due to this period of time, and I'm now being medicated for it and abstaining from religion. 

But I don't wish to live like this, I am utterly suicidal and I often am incredibly sad over losing Islam, the only thing I loved to this magnitude in my life. I adore Islam still and I want to go back, I want to live and die like a Muslim, but I can't shut off my skepticism, I can't stop my thoughts and my disbelief no matter how hard I try to believe. 

So what I'm trying to do here is find a seriously practicing, knowledgeable Muslim (sunni or shia or whatever I am not picky right now, I'm quite desperate) to help me defeat my doubts and disbelief and return to Islam before I do something rash and it's too late. I will never be happy or content to live without Islam. I can't search for help in real life because I live in an almost 100% Christian country, the only masjid in my city has very scarce attendance, and the Imam is very old and doesn't speak the language of my country. I only know a couple of Muslims, but they aren't very knowledgeable and couldn't help me with such an issue. Can someone on this forum help me? 

Non-Muslims please refrain from this thread, I do not need more conflict in my troubled mind right now. Please be kind and don't interfere.

P.S: if I make any mistakes, excuse me, I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you all.

• Advanced Member

Hello,

It's quite amazing that you were convinced of Islam's truth at such a young age, even though were a christian. That's not something that happens all the time.

You did not specify what was the reason that caused you to doubt Islam? Maybe we could help to clear your doubts.

Greetings,

I understand your situation. This best way is to know more about Islam so your mind can be at ease, and remove doubts.

The more you know about Islam and the most fundumental points in Islam, the more it will help you, Insha Allah

I would like to share a few brief simple but amazing audio files that will definately help you .

The reason and wisdom behind the words and actions of Salat ( prayer ) with you , so you actually realize why we pray the way you are supposed to pray.

These are amazing brief audio files (from 5 min file to 50 min files ) which you will absolutely love, on the most important topics:

Discerning the right path:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/foe3j4jqc1uhczq/Discerning%20the%20Right%20Path.mp3?dl=0

Sincerity in prayer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugnnr55n50lq7ek/sincerity%20in%20prayer.mp3?dl=0

Brief Biography of the prophet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb2a05ivbsblb8i/Brief%20Biography%20of%20the%20Prophet.mp3?dl=0

The wisdom behind the call to prayer and salat ( prayer )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8ly08gw0dmsve9/wisdom%20behind%20azan-salat.mp3?dl=0

Remembering God ( Zikr )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n3kpbyjznibsns/zikr.mp3?dl=0

Wisdom behind Ablution (Wudhu)

https://www.dropbox....-wudhu.mp3?dl=0

Wisdom of Hijab - Virgin Mary the secret

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7uio3yxy95784ho/hijab-maryam%20the%20secret.mp3?dl=0

~~~~~~~~

Now adays with the internet your home and your brain used properly can be your masjid :)

If you insha Allah find these audio files helpful let me know so I can share more.

Edited by tendersoul

• Advanced Member

Hello everybody! I think I need to write a rather long story to clarify why I'm here. So...

I am 19, I was born Christian. I left Christianity when I was 14 due to severely doubting it and not being convinced of its evidence. I began to look into Islam as a hobby around that time. Over the years that hobby turned into passion and I was certain of Islam's truth when I was 17 and so I converted. I practiced Islam as best as I could, fighting with my family and friends, till a few months ago. Then, I started to experience major doubts that would not let me rest at night. I could not assure myself of Islam's truth anymore no matter how hard I tried to reason with myself, to pray for guidance/a sign. It had become so terrible that I couldn't pray anymore without crying due to the insecurity of living an illusion. So I stopped practicing, went to a therapist for the depression and anxiety I developed due to this period of time, and I'm now being medicated for it and abstaining from religion. 

But I don't wish to live like this, I am utterly suicidal and I often am incredibly sad over losing Islam, the only thing I loved to this magnitude in my life. I adore Islam still and I want to go back, I want to live and die like a Muslim, but I can't shut off my skepticism, I can't stop my thoughts and my disbelief no matter how hard I try to believe. 

So what I'm trying to do here is find a seriously practicing, knowledgeable Muslim (sunni or shia or whatever I am not picky right now, I'm quite desperate) to help me defeat my doubts and disbelief and return to Islam before I do something rash and it's too late. I will never be happy or content to live without Islam. I can't search for help in real life because I live in an almost 100% Christian country, the only masjid in my city has very scarce attendance, and the Imam is very old and doesn't speak the language of my country. I only know a couple of Muslims, but they aren't very knowledgeable and couldn't help me with such an issue. Can someone on this forum help me? 

Non-Muslims please refrain from this thread, I do not need more conflict in my troubled mind right now. Please be kind and don't interfere.

P.S: if I make any mistakes, excuse me, I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you all.

Hello! 

This forum is filled with many a topics. I'm pretty confident that you'd find replies to many of your queries if you just search the forum. You can even Google search Shiachat on Google, with whatever topic you want to read about. If you cannot find answers to other questions that you may have, please feel free to ask. 

Edited by NaveenHussain

• Advanced Member

Salam :)

I was also a Christian and became Muslim at age 17, it has been the greatest thing I've ever done.

First step is to remain calm and to keep reminding yourself that only God can help you through this and that you will be all better, no matter how many therapies you go to, without God you won't be able to feel better. 

One thing I can tell you is that without God there is only perdition and I can confidently say that without Islam I would completely lost and I don't think I would be sane, Islam is a compass for our lives, before I became Muslim I was sad deep inside all the time, and people thought that when I became Muslim it was only a phase and that I would be over it but it's been 9 years and I couldn't feel more convinced.

So don't worry you will be all right, what are your doubts?  

• Basic Members

So don't worry you will be all right, what are your doubts?  

So...my first trouble is with the Qur'an. If it is the word of God or not, how can one be sure of it? How is it superior to the Bible, Vedas, etc? How can a non-Arab understand this quality of the Quran and truly appreciate it as the word of God? 

I don't like using "scientific miracles" as arguments because they can easily be debunked and proven false, so it's counter-productive. 

Also, how can the prophethood of Muhammad be verified? The history we have was written by the victors, Muslims, so we do not exactly know how it all happened. Could he not have devised Islam just like other founders of religions? What makes us sure that Islam is not man-made, but divine?

Hello curious questioner!

Very simple. The way Allah has introduced himself in Surah towheed. In No other book There is such deep and brief introduction , with endless depth, if you ponder to understand properly.

Allah is not Arab, It was made in arabic language because Mohammad pbuh was the one who could attain such a high level among humans, that it was revealed in Arabic.

If a Romanian would have been able to achieve such a level it would have come down in Romanian.

Hence, the understanding of the Quran, is given to those who truly and deeply want to understand the Quran, and try to be God conscious and ask him to make you understand it how it should be understood, and depending on your questions and intellectual level you will be made to understand.

The below is a brief and revealing audio file ( which is my genius teacher explains it in simple language ) which explains it is not necessary to be an arab to able to understand Quran, and it is called Forqan which is given by Allah himself to whom he sees who deserves it , and at a mental capacity the person can take, so it has levels, the more you seek sincerily the more you reap! :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f18n7nhu40nyppo/forqan%28understanding%20quran%29.mp3?dl=0

Also the link of What is Zikr ( Reminder ) above,if you listen to the brief audio file till the end, it will reveal more things about understanding Quran.

-How can Muhammad be verified? great question ! how can Adam be verified? how can Jesus be veriied? how can the hindu scripture be verified? These are even older than the time of the prophet.

One of the ways to verify is to seek who introdues Allah to you in the best manner.

And the best manner is the wisest manner.

Also one way to recognizing the truth of a religion is to ask question about exsitence and how the universe was created, True religion should be able to answer you all the question regarding creation and how it started

If we take history apart and assume Muhammad was not illitrate in the middle of the desert, Just reading and pondering on the Quran will make you think, that this book cannot be by a man living in the midst of barbaric and ignorant Arabs back then.

This brief true Documentry is about an illitrate man in Iran who was abolutely in love to learn and understand the Quran. All the similar ayat that was revealed to the prophet was reveal to him, not a verse more not a verse less.This is only 50 years back, so it is very easy to verify and has been verified by top scholars and people. He is not arab, he is an simple poor farmer who does not even know how to read and write persian leave alone arabic.

Insha Allah these links will be of help. Feel free to inquire. we are all here to assist according to our capacity.

:)

Edited by tendersoul

• Advanced Member

So...my first trouble is with the Qur'an. If it is the word of God or not, how can one be sure of it? How is it superior to the Bible, Vedas, etc? How can a non-Arab understand this quality of the Quran and truly appreciate it as the word of God? 

I don't like using "scientific miracles" as arguments because they can easily be debunked and proven false, so it's counter-productive. 

Also, how can the prophethood of Muhammad be verified? The history we have was written by the victors, Muslims, so we do not exactly know how it all happened. Could he not have devised Islam just like other founders of religions? What makes us sure that Islam is not man-made, but divine?

If you understood arabic and read the quran in arabic you would have been more sure that it is the word of god

• Moderators

It is the word of God(s.w.a) because the Quran has some qualities that no other book has.

These have stood for more than 1400 years as clear proofs that it is the Word of God(s.w.a)

First, the Quran says itself, 'surely if this book was from any other(other than God) you would surely have found errors in it'

Anything that comes from human beings contains errors, either big or small, either factual or grammatical, either scientific, logical, or theological. All the other Holy Books in their current form, such as the Bible, contain multiple instances of all the above errors. So if a book of 114 chapters contains no errors, that means it is not from a human being. That is one proof. The Quran contains no errors. Many have come on this site and tried to post supposed errors in the Quran, and they have all turned out, after examination, not to be errors.

Anything that comes from humans can be duplicated by humans. The Quran itself says, 'if you believe this book to be from other than God, then produce one chapter similar to it'. This is a challenge that has stood for 1400 years and not human being has every been able to do this, although there have been many attempts. Even the smallest chapter in the Quran, which is only three lines, has also withstood this challenge.

Anything that comes from humans can be changed by humans. The Holy Quran itself says that Allah(s.w.a) will preserve it(the Holy Quran). This statement was made 1400 years ago and it stands till today. There have been many old qurans discovered that date from the time of Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h) and none were different than the Qurans we have currently sitting on bookshelfs and in mosques all over the world.

Anything that comes from humans will only include knowledge that is known at the time the book is written. This is an obvious fact. You would not imagine that a book written 1400 years ago would talk about the water cycle (which was not known at the time), plate techtonics, space travel, calculus, embryology, oceanography, and many other facts that have only been discovered in the last 50 to 100 years. Yet the Holy Quran talks about all these subjects and no statement made in the Quran about any of these subjects contradicts what we know today about them. So no human being could have accomplished that

There is no other book, besides the Quran, that even has one of these qualities.

There are four proofs.

Edited by Abu Hadi