Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Bright

Intro / Summary Info About Islam & Shia Views

Rate this topic

I did a quick search, and it looks like  this doesn't have a thread of its own yet.

"In A Nutshell - Fact Sheets About Islam and Shi'ism"

http://www.al-islam.org/nutshell/ 

is very good for introductory & summary info, and can be helpful in case people get asked about certain topics (like from Sunni Muslims or non-Muslims).

Edited by Bright

^ Yes, I also recommend these brief information sheets. When I was learning how to pray, I printed out the sheet on two sides of a paper and held it in my hand to refer to until I had prayer memorized.

This is a great service! Many of the fact sheets are in different languages.

Albanian

Arabic

Bengali

Bosnian

Bulgarian

Catalan

Cebuano

Czech

Danish

Dutch

English

Filipino

Finnish

French

German

Gujarati

Hausa

Indonesian

Italian

Malay

Norwegian

Polish

Portuguese

Russian

Spanish

Swahili

Swedish

Thai

Turkish

Urdu

On 04/01/2016 at 2:02 PM, Murtadha Abdulla said:

A.alaykum i was just just curious about the prophets marriages to his wives. I didn't know where to go to ask a uestion so im just asking it here. Why did the prophet marry aisha and hafsa if he knew they would just cause trouble for imam ali (as).

Wa aleikum as salam. As far as I know the Prophet (saw) married Aisha and Hafsa in order to make treaties and bring more people to Islam.

On 8/19/2015 at 5:31 PM, Bright said:

I did a quick search, and it looks like  this doesn't have a thread of its own yet.

is very good for introductory & summary info, and can be helpful in case people get asked about certain topics (like from Sunni Muslims or non-Muslims).

thank you it was good.

if you (or any one) also know some other similar reliable sources please introduce. it will be beneficial to have them in case of need. 

On 8/19/2015 at 5:31 PM, Bright said:
On 1/4/2016 at 5:32 PM, Murtadha Abdulla said:

A.alaykum i was just just curious about the prophets marriages to his wives. I didn't know where to go to ask a uestion so im just asking it here. Why did the prophet marry aisha and hafsa if he knew they would just cause trouble for imam ali (as).

thnx it was useful for me

Edited by hakimi

Marriage of the Holy prophet with Aisha and Hafsa and some other wives for social and political issues these marriages was the Holy Prophet got opportunities to progress Islam. for development of Islam He married with:
1. Aisha daughter of Abu-Bakr from Tamim tribe
2. Hafsa d/o Umar from tribe of Adi
3. Um Habiba d/o Abu Sufiyan from tribe of Bani Umeyyah
4. Umme Salema from tribe of Bani Makhzoom
5. Sodeh from tribe of Bani Asad
6. Maimooneh from tribe of Bani Hilal
7. Safeyeh from Bani esraeil.
although some of them were good like Ume Salema and among them some them were not good.
Marriage is very important in creating relationship and it causes to protect the society from war and conflicts and causes to increase the love among different tribes and families.
The Holy Prophet married withe Ume Habiba daughter of Abu Sufiyan and He became son in law of Abu Sufiyan and in this way he protected Islam from Quraysh tribe. and Ume Habiba was a good factor for propagation of Islam among Quraysh and Meccain families.
we find in Islamic history that some marriages of Holy prophet were Just contract (Aqad) and there was no sexual relation with them, and in some cases there were just engagement with the woman of some tribes. they were happy just by these engagements also and it was honor for them that the Holy Prophet is their son in law.
after Marriage with Jouviriah and Safieh there was no conflict by Bani Nazir and Bani Mustaleq against Islam.
there for the Marriage with Ayesha and Hafasa were not for there were no Girls but it was for some another issues those were couldn't be solved without marriage of these women.

Edited by hakimi

I was looking for a piece of information - i couldn't seem to locate it ; and i didn't know where to ask....

I recently heard that Imam khomeni, in the 80's, has given a fatwa on sex change. I was hoping if someone can provide me link/transcript of this fatwa/edict...

Every action of prophet Muhammad pbuh has it's own reason. In this case the goal of these marriages was political, as these marriages prevented from further wars between different Arab clans and made preaching Islam an easier work to do for the holy prophet. But still there are more expansions for that.