Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
baradar_jackson

The Nostalgia Thread

Rate this topic

Guest silasun
On 18/08/2015 at 5:34 AM, baradar_jackson said:

i'm sorry but Naruto is not really qualified to be nostalgic. It's great and all, but it is not old enough to be nostalgic yet. We may as well be nostalgic for LOLcats or myspace.

Even if you weren't around in the (13)60's (solar hijri... foolz), this nasheed can't help but strike something within you:

This stuff (and the Fusen bubble gum) was mother's nostalgia from Iraq in the 70/80s.

They used to listen in to Iranian radio broadcasts from South Iraq. I regularly sing this nasheed when I'm walking or whatever... but you've got to add the military marching noise with your feet for full effect.

@Ali_Hussain lol no, Parker vector pens also come with the piston filling thing. Parker cartridges were expensive and difficult to find back then so we always used ink. :)

Btw there is also a sneaky inexpensive way to refill cartridges ;) 

Just now, starlight said:

@Ali_Hussain lol no, Parker vector pens also come with the piston filling thing. Parker cartridges were expensive and difficult to find back then so we always used ink. :)

Btw there is also a sneaky inexpensive way to refill cartridges ;) 

I'm more of a ball point pen man myslef these days. 

But you're picture did get me feeling nostalgic.

Parker do make some quality pens.

18 hours ago, starlight said:

Filled a fountain pen just now .....after fifteen years maybe. Hardly to imagine that these two used to be an indispensable part of my life all through high school and college.

59246d1dac82a_QuinkBlack.jpg.d7bdcaf9c6529590959570e2e27ad73b.jpg

59246e88e2471_images(3).jpg.1dc083d293e50791428732f3a8b5fb82.jpg

Memories...

In high school our teachers used to emphasise the importance of a good fountain pen to improve handwriting. That's how we learned to write well. But later ballpoints took over and our hand became an doctor's messy crawl with no shape and character.

Since typing has become widespread, I doubt if the newer generations will ever learn how to shape a word on paper. I have seen some high schoolers write on paper lately. They write like 5 year olds. 

Pathetic.

Edited by Marbles

milan.thumb.jpg.e771d409395f88c32557b789286c2a23.jpg

I used to get them on my annual visits to the cemetery to pray for the souls of my departed relatives and forebears.

They are still around. I think I'll get a couple of boxes next time.

8 minutes ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

The best man on Television.

Now children are exposed to satan's children.

There are a lot of decent things on the lnternet and some TV/PBS stations.

@Heavenly_Silk I still have my collection somewhere. I remember there was an unofficial playground rule amongst the kids, that using metal slammers was cheating as they almost always flipped pogs over from merely dropping it over the stack, so they were not allowed lol.

s-l300.jpg

These were lethal to any pog match!

@Propaganda_of_the_Deed

It's pretty cool that you still have your collection. For some reason I got rid of mine quite a few years back but it would have been nice to have kept them. I always use to lose my pogs to the other kids initially, but then I bought this really cool purple slammer. I don't think it was metal but it was so good and I then started winning some back! My actually collection though, was courtesy of a family friend's kid when they "lost" a lot of their pogs to me. How generous! I think my collection was so small in comparison that I was felt sorry for lol. I had a couple of shoe boxes full by the time the fad came to and end. I do miss those days!