Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
baradar_jackson

The Nostalgia Thread

Rate this topic

^ Wasn't Rocky and Bullwinkle a bunch of Vietnam War propaganda?

It was definitely an artifact of the Cold War, although watching reruns when I was older made me wonder if it was propaganda or satire.

Now, kindly allow me to enjoy contemplating the few hours of my wasted youth when the TV actually worked or I will be forced to continue this with: ;-)

Although you might be okay with him, considering his sidekick

post-183511-0-43441000-1440871799_thumb.

post-183511-0-95109600-1440871922_thumb.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

Both of your posts are so...Paki - and for good reason! :P Slims, Spout, ChiliMili (AnaAmmar) and, wait for it, Dabbu (or caram, as some call it)!

And, I don't even remember what this cartoon was called but I do remember it, somehow.

The Adam's family :D

Best cartoon ever (I watched this back in the early 90's before most of you noobs):

3142762-9923308431-250px.png

They've made a new series, but it's only like 10 episodes in and we'll probably have to wait until 2017 so it gets dubbed. But they've made two movies since, the second one was brilliant imo. DB was the only Japanese anime I've ever liked, the others seem too emo-ish, mainly because it's about fighting.

Best partnership ever (too bad they never got to play together in a World Cup):

84412608_Brazil_133330c.jpg

True. Romario was too old though I think.

Edited by The Batman

True. Romario was too old though I think.

Actually they had several opportunities to play together in a World Cup, but it never quite worked out. In 1994, they were both in the squad, but Ronaldo didn't get to play (he was a bit too young), in 1998 they were both in their primes, but unfortunately Romario suffered a thigh injury just before the World Cup and couldn't recover in time. It's likely they would have won had he played since it would have taken some of the pressure off Ronaldo. In 2002, Romario was left out due to a dispute with the manager, despite being the top scorer in qualifying.

Actually they had several opportunities to play together in a World Cup, but it never quite worked out. In 1994, they were both in the squad, but Ronaldo didn't get to play (he was a bit too young), in 1998 they were both in their primes, but unfortunately Romario suffered a thigh injury just before the World Cup and couldn't recover in time. It's likely they would have won had he played since it would have taken some of the pressure off Ronaldo. In 2002, Romario was left out due to a dispute with the manager, despite being the top scorer in qualifying.

And, you're into soccer. This thread is providing quiet a few interesting facts about you, Mawlai!

Oh, and I've never been a soccer fan but all my Fifa (the game) teams - till maybe 2010-2012 - used to have Ronaldo, though I'd usually bench him for the bigger stars.

And, you're into soccer. This thread is providing quiet a few interesting facts about you, Mawlai!

Oh, and I've never been a soccer fan but all my Fifa (the game) teams - till maybe 2010-2012 - used to have Ronaldo, though I'd usually bench him for the bigger stars.

I used to be into it. I don't watch it anymore, since it's a massive waste of time, although I keep in touch with what's going on, since football is pretty much a universal language (or perhaps religion would be a better word) among European men, and it's important to be able to to speak about it semi-intelligently in certain social contexts.

When were those in style? I was pretty sure I was the oldest on this site, but I laughed about photos of people in clothes like this when I was a kid.

When were those in style? I was pretty sure I was the oldest on this site, but I laughed about photos of people in clothes like this when I was a kid.

Late 60's.

We were groovy.

What's great is that it was reported that the couple on the cover of the Woodstock album ...is still together after all these years.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

Best handheld of all time and my first handheld:

K1-GBA-SP-silver.jpg

The games I played early in my Wii days.

smg.box.art.full-3252010-580px.jpg

SMG2-box-art.jpg

My first console and the first console I played on:

bestps1games.jpg

My first GameCube game which is also a legendary game:

2211398-box_poptsot.png

One of my favorite games on the DS:

super-princess-peach-box-art.jpg

One of the greatest games ever made:

526x297-bB_.jpg

One of my favorite driving games:

542373-outrun_2006_coast_2_coast__white_

My favorite anime:

1916921-ash_ketchum_friend_pikachu_kanto

First GameCube game I ever beat:

Ttydbox.jpg

Edited by pwwnd123

A couple of people commented on The Addams Family which was from Charles Addams book satirizing his family. Unlike Cheaper By The Dozen -(the one girl died this month) which was a memorial to the family patriarch.

The most memorable things of the 50s and 60s was television. Some of it is dated now, but it was new, entertaining and good.

I'm listening to Get Smart right now. Car 54, Where Are You? I saw last night.

The most memorable things of the 50s and 60s was television. Some of it is dated now, but it was new, entertaining and good.

My 13-year-old likes classic TV. He's watching Mission Impossible lately and was wondering if any other shows were similar.