Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
kbsquare

Fried In Same Oil, Halal Or Haram?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

If it is being fried with meat that has no probability of being slaughtered according to Islamic Law, then it will be impermissible to eat due to becoming mutnajjis.

If the meat has some probability of being halal, but you're still not sure, then it is fine because that meat - although no permissible to eat due to not being sure of it being slaughtered acc. to Islamic laws - is considered tahir.

Anyway, you do not need to ask or inquire about these types of topics. You do not need to ask the restaurant or wherever you're eating is this or that fried with other things or not. The original assumption is taharat and that only changes when one is sure, and there is no legal obligation to ask.

في أمان الله

Dear brother kb^2 -

Mayta (dead animal who was not slaughtered) is najis. For example a live chiecken is not najis. It's meat becomes najis and haram if it died on its own or killed in a non Islamic way, which is the definition of mayta. As oppose to the zabiha for a chicken killed in Islamic way.

A najis chicken fried in a container makes the oil najis as well because no chemical change of oil is taking place. A halal fish or shrimp or processed fries dipped in such oil for cooking or color become najis as well. Eating anything najis is haram.

This is all I know based on my questioning of Shia scholars. I might be wrong so please verify with a scholar in your area.

(bismillah)

If it is being fried with meat that has no probability of being slaughtered according to Islamic Law, then it will be impermissible to eat due to becoming mutnajjis.

If the meat has some probability of being halal, but you're still not sure, then it is fine because that meat - although no permissible to eat due to not being sure of it being slaughtered acc. to Islamic laws - is considered tahir.

Anyway, you do not need to ask or inquire about these types of topics. You do not need to ask the restaurant or wherever you're eating is this or that fried with other things or not. The original assumption is taharat and that only changes when one is sure, and there is no legal obligation to ask.

في أمان الله

بسم الله

Sure, but I would seriously question such "knowing" that seems like an assumption, even if it is probable.

في أمان الله

(salam)

So, as long as a probabilty exists that say the halal item was fried in a different oil then the non halal item (even if it was just at the time of my purchase) the fried halal item should still be considered halal?  Or am I missing something?

Thank you!

(wasalam)

بسم الله

(salam)

So, as long as a probabilty exists that say the halal item was fried in a different oil then the non halal item (even if it was just at the time of my purchase) the fried halal item should still be considered halal?  Or am I missing something?

Thank you!

(wasalam)

The food is tahir until you know it is najis, that is all.

في أمنا لله