Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abraram

Repent From Allah Or Crying For Imam Hussain

Rate this topic

Salam un Aliekum to all,

There was a question in my mind and I don't know why I couldn't put some time to ask this question earlier but thank god I'm writing this now. The thing is that there is a popular riwayat:

"The sins of whoever cries, even as little as the wing of a fly, when we are mentioned in front of him will be forgiven, even if his sins are greater than the scum in the sea."

[source: Kamil Az Ziyarat Chapter. 32 Hadees:8]", Link

So my question is that "Can we repent from Allah by solely crying for Imam Hussain all the time?". And if this correct then why are there points to follows when you are repent from God taught by Imam Zain ul Abideen in his duas? Ima little confused about regarding this. Hope you can help me out?

No, this isnt the sole method. An analogy I can give you is for example, giving to the poor, is one method of doing good deeds. Do we just give money to the poor, and thats it? Of course not. There are better and more ways to do good. So yes crying for Imam Hussain A.S can forgive your sins if Allah swt wills it, but repenting to Allah swt with crying is true sincerity, crying out all night (be it for hussain a.s or yourself), while asking Allah swt to forgive you at the same (duas) time imo is true repentance.

**That hadith is more on the baraka's for grieving for Imam Hussain A.S or any members of the Ahlulbayt A.S. So when people claim crying is unimportant, you tell them Allah swt has commanded us to mourn and from it, such a blessing is given to us.

Oh and your comment about Imam Sajjad A.S, you see, it is known he was ALWAYS grieving for the tragedy of Karbala, but did he just stop at grieving? No, even while in prison he would supplicate and thus we ended up with his book of supplications that he dedicated to us. So again, it isnt the sole way, but there is a better way.

Edited by Ethics

To love the Prophet s.a.w. and the Ahl al-Bayt a.s. is a form of Ibada too which can lead to forgiveness of sins as well. Yes, I believe that.

All Muslims believe that بارك الله فيك, I don't think that's what the OP was asking though

Guest silasun

Salam

Repentance has 4 parts for its realisation:

1. Regret over your haraam actions

2. Resolve never to repeat

3. Restore rights to people (e.g. apologising, returning stolen goods)

4. Fulfilling duties like qadha salat, kafarah.

Only then can you be a real repentant.

Salam

Even Tawba has conditions, in which Quran states "do people think they left to say they believe, and not be tested". The Quran shows over all way of Tawba, and this united with love of Ahlulbayt in it's inward as that has been said to be the path towards God.

The Quran says whoever desires the next world will be given from it, does it mean it's ok to not do Salah and just desire the next world. It rather means those who desire the next world will do Salah, etc.

The same is true for a person who recognizes who Imam Hussain is.

Crying for Imam Hussain as a person is not the crying that is talked about. It's about recognizing his station as a Wali of God and grieving in a similar way that Yaqoub grieved for Yusuf. In the latter case, this was a special knowledge bestowed upon Yaqoub, this grief was from a special knowledge.

That knowledge is a light from God, and so the tears for Hussain will that knowledge in the heart, and the person will repent.

A lot of people make cry for cultural reasons, this is not what Is meant by the hadith. The hadith means who truly recognizes Imam Hussain and his tears is for him. This is verified by Quran where it says there is no wage asked for the message except for the love of the family of Mohammad and whoever does good, God will increase him therein, for God is forgiving, merciful. And other verses talk about it being a reminder and a way towards God.

So essentially, true tears for Imam Hussain would mean you do Salah, you repent sincerely, you try to help God's cause, etc...

Like wise the Quran says whoever fears God will have paradise. Does this mean it's ok to simply fear God but then not actually do Salah, tawba, love of Ahlulbayt, etc?

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

Salam un Aliekum to all,

There was a question in my mind and I don't know why I couldn't put some time to ask this question earlier but thank god I'm writing this now. The thing is that there is a popular riwayat:

"The sins of whoever cries, even as little as the wing of a fly, when we are mentioned in front of him will be forgiven, even if his sins are greater than the scum in the sea."

[source: Kamil Az Ziyarat Chapter. 32 Hadees:8]", Link

So my question is that "Can we repent from Allah by solely crying for Imam Hussain all the time?". And if this correct then why are there points to follows when you are repent from God taught by Imam Zain ul Abideen in his duas? Ima little confused about regarding this. Hope you can help me out?

where did you learned that?

Repentance has nothing to do with imam Hussain love hate or mourning.

what if a sunni or new muslim who is totally unaware of ahlulbayt, made a sin then repented by simply abandoning it and regretting it, wouldn't that count as repentance ?

Then how about a shia who abandoned salat/namaz, do you think that if he cried for imam hussain, Allah will turn blind eye on his salat?

No.

A true lover of ahlulbayt should know how to follow religion as prescribed by ahlulbayt. an ignorant believer isn't as beloved as knowldgble one.

even the crying one, his tears are meaningless if he has no idea about who was the man who was killed in Karbala or why he was killed or what was his cause..

How can you cry over a man whom you don't respect their cause?

Ahlulbayt said a man who take the name lightly, he isn't going to receive our intercession in the Last Day.

Why?

Because if he truly loved them, he'd follow them and respect their cause , the cause they spent their whole life living for it.

Sister, I think what you are saying is an obvious. I dont think the OP was taking it to that extreme. He just meant if it could be used solely as the method of repentance, instead of duas and actually asking Allah to forgive oneself.

I find the approach of the replies a bit strange. The discussion is now about if weeping over Karbala can exempt one from the Islamic duties of not. 

Is that the intention when one feels pity for what happened to Imam Hussain a.s.? To get exemption from Salah. paying Zakah etcetera?

The starting point should be that it is a sincere act free from self-interrest. 

What people have in the back of their minds should be between them and Allah. It's not even our territory to go there.

Edited by Skanderbeg

Sister, I think what you are saying is an obvious. I dont think the OP was taking it to that extreme. He just meant if it could be used solely as the method of repentance, instead of duas and actually asking Allah to forgive oneself.

this is extreme ...

I'll drink alcohol then cry for imam hussain then I'm done?

no.

You can't be sincere in your crying if you didn't repent properly. Else, what would your crying be for? Feeling pity over imam hussain but good about yourself?

I do understand that in some majalis, after the end of the mourning (recitation of the tragedy then reciting poems) session, the reciter will also ask Allah some needs by the right of the imam and that majlis. In other Majalis, the reciter will call the believers to recite their needs. Others will do it individually without anyone telling them and you can notice them raising their hands, facing Qibla and reciting their Duas.

But these are extra deeds. It is not obligatory but highly recommended.

Repentance the way imam taught us (to regret it which can include crying when remembering the sin and to abandon it) is a wajib. is obligatory.

Du'a are many and one can pick any du'a. One can recite zeyarat ashura everyday then ask Allah what he needs (forgiveness, guidance etc) by the right of imam hussain..

that's fine.

but it seems the OP is having another meaning of repentance.

The thing is I will never leave repenting from Allah and nor stop crying from Imam Hussain but actually I want to discuss the concepts behind it.

I have heard from a reputed Ulema that there was a man (most probably the Alim) who was just curious and couldn't believe that how come all the sins can be forgived by even as little as the wing of a fly. The Alim then got a dream where Bibi Zahra s.a told him that how he could get unsure on our quotes? It is absolutely true that the person would be forgived even if his sins are greater than the scum in the sea. 

Now, should I go for the long way or the short way (crying for Imam Hussain is easiest for me). I would like to know if there is a choice or what?

Hey, why all of you making up your own conditions that a person drinking alcohol, crying for cultural reasons.

Consider, I have done something wrong and I want to repent. Can I cry for Imam Hussain a.s solely?

Edited by Abrar7866

The Quran says who desires next world, will be given from it. I guess we don't have to pray or repent or love Ahlulbayt, it's enough to just want paradise!

I think you are sarcastic but i am not sure so..

18_32.png
Sahih International
And present to them an example of two men: We granted to one of them two gardens of grapevines, and We bordered them with palm trees and placed between them [fields of] crops.
18_33.png
Sahih International
Each of the two gardens produced its fruit and did not fall short thereof in anything. And We caused to gush forth within them a river.
18_34.png
Sahih International
And he had fruit, so he said to his companion while he was conversing with him, "I am greater than you in wealth and mightier in [numbers of] men."
18_35.png
Sahih International
And he entered his garden while he was unjust to himself. He said, "I do not think that this will perish - ever.
18_36.png
Sahih International
And I do not think the Hour will occur. And even if I should be brought back to my Lord, I will surely find better than this as a return."
18_37.png
Sahih International
His companion said to him while he was conversing with him, "Have you disbelieved in He who created you from dust and then from a sperm-drop and then proportioned you [as] a man?
18_38.png
Sahih International
But as for me, He is Allah , my Lord, and I do not associate with my Lord anyone.
18_39.png
Sahih International
And why did you, when you entered your garden, not say, 'What Allah willed [has occurred]; there is no power except in Allah '? Although you see me less than you in wealth and children,
18_40.png
Sahih International
It may be that my Lord will give me [something] better than your garden and will send upon it a calamity from the sky, and it will become a smooth, dusty ground,
18_41.png
Sahih International
Or its water will become sunken [into the earth], so you would never be able to seek it."
18_42.png
Sahih International
And his fruits were encompassed [by ruin], so he began to turn his hands about [in dismay] over what he had spent on it, while it had collapsed upon its trellises, and said, "Oh, I wish I had not associated with my Lord anyone."
18_43.png
Sahih International
And there was for him no company to aid him other than Allah , nor could he defend himself.
18_44.png
Sahih International
There the authority is [completely] for Allah , the Truth. He is best in reward and best in outcome.

and

:123

4_123.png
Sahih International
Paradise is not [obtained] by your wishful thinking nor by that of the People of the Scripture. Whoever does a wrong will be recompensed for it, and he will not find besides Allah a protector or a helper.