Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
oxyvie

Shia Muslims In Burma - Does Anyone Care?

Rate this topic

Quoting after the official Ahlul Bayt News Agency's Report (2008): the number of Shia population in the State of Myanmar (Burma) stands  at c. 40.000 (the PEW estimates are: c. 20.000, though). Regretfully, Burma shows a track record of severe persecution of minorities - most notably Muslims. Whereas a much larger Sunni community attracts international coverage, local Shias seem to be ignored and forgotten by the World. Correct me if I am wrong. My question is - are there any Shia initiatives aimed at helping Burmese brothers and sisters? I guess that the Burmese Shias might be marginal from the point of view of a global distribution of Shia population, yet there not many countries where the Shia situation is worse. 

Alhamdulillah we are helping our burmese brothers in our city ! With every efforts we can do towards them, its our duty to help refugies like them without asking their sect or creed ! But unfortunately we cant revenge on their behalf but Allah will do so "InshaAllah".

I know a quite a few Burmese Shia, many of them settled in Burma in the last 100 years and nearly all are originally from Iran. At one time I heard Burma was quite a rich and fancy place to live in so many Iranians settled there. The ones I know can even still speak Farsi. I have a few Burmese-Iranian mixed SHIAS.

I know a quite a few Burmese Shia, many of them settled in Burma in the last 100 years and nearly all are originally from Iran. At one time I heard Burma was quite a rich and fancy place to live in so many Iranians settled there. The ones I know can even still speak Farsi. I have a few Burmese-Iranian mixed SHIAS.

Salam brother,

I have already found that shias in Burma have an organziation called:

Tha All Burma shia Muslim Organization

Mogul shia Masjid, Mogul Hall, Rangoon, BURMA

Here is the source, but I am not sure if they are still active or not, may be you can ask your friends about it.

http://www.aqaed.info/shia/institution/burma/