In the Name of God بسم الله

Al Kafi Discussion Series

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators
Salam
What would be the time in Berlin?

8pm

One question: If we do not wish to speak per say, but type in questions or discuss through typing, is that okay?

This is absolutely fine!

Br. Qaim, what will be the format of the series? Will you take a hadith, establish its authenticity and explain its meaning?

Each hadith will be different. Some entire sessions will be dedicated to one hadith, while others will go over multiple hadiths.

• Advanced Member

as-salaam `alaykum,

I am planning to start another series of online discussions, open to everyone. This series will focus on al-Kafi Volume 1, which deals with Intelligence and Ignorance, the Virtue of Knowledge, Monotheism, and Imamate. Because of the length of these sections, I will be focusing mostly on the most established traditions in this book.

The format: I will introduce the topic for 25 minutes, and then the remaining 25 minutes will be open for anyone to participate.

The first session will be on August 1st 2015 at 2:00pm Eastern Standard Time. The topic: al-Kafi: The Sufficient Book.

If you would like to join these discussions, simply PM me your Skype information and I will add you to the group chat.

See you there!

Is it okay to join if I can't attend all the sessions? I usually have to work a few weekends each month until 6pm. 

Brother Qaim, can you please elaborate more on the agenda and topics, even format if you can?

I mean, some, if not many, of us have Al-kafi, and read it sometimes as a time spender, sometimes to look up speaific things, sometimes other reasons.

But it sure sounds interesting.

• Forum Administrators

The first session will be an introduction to al-Kafi by our very own Abu Tufayl. He will be introducing the book, its introduction, its purpose, its audience, its historical context, and its reception. Then, we will open the floor for any comments, questions, or points of interest.

• Forum Administrators

Excellent discussion and very good turnout! Big thanks to Abu Tufayl and all attendees.

The next session will be on August 8th 2015 at the same time. The topic will be Nexal Consciousness: Intellect and Ignorance, and we will be covering the first hadith of al-Kafi. InshaAllah I will be leading the session.

If you'd like to join us, feel free to message me with your Skype information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

Just a reminder that there will be a talk on August 22nd at the same timing. We will complete the topic on Aql and Jahl with discussion on Movement, Time-Space, Etymology, Divine Justice, and the place of the Intellect in Islam.