Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ChristianVisitor

Is It Wrong To Marry Because Of Attraction?

Rate this topic

No, it's not a sin to marry someone because you're physically attracted to them, but your aim in marrying someone shouldn't just be because of their appearance, it should also be their character, their inner self, & physical attraction should also be one of them, but it shouldn't be the only reason, it won't work that way.

Yes it is very wrong,  take my wives for example, they only married me because of physical attraction, it is a curse I had to accept all my married life. I just wished they appreciate my many other talents like cooking or cleaning. I am a human being too, not just a piece of meat with a beard in a dishdasha.

Edited by :Sami II

Its not wrong, its foolish. In my honest opinion, go for personality, their values and beliefs, AND attractiveness. But make their attractiveness a secondary matter. Looks fade away, soul is eternal.

I'm just curious what Muslims believe about marrying someone because of physical attraction (although not the only reason). Is it considered wrong or sinful?

Nope, not a sin at all. Who wants to marry someone you have no physical attraction to?

However, the outward appearance needs to be held in the proper perspective. Looks fade but its the personality that remains. So while the outward appearance is important to its own degree, an equal or greater amount needs to be given to the person's nature as well. 

No one wants to marry a Hottie with a terrible personality, but no one wants to marry a Nottie with a great personality either.