Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lion of Shia

What Do Shias Think Of Telepathy

Rate this topic

AS SALAAM ALAKIM!

DOES IT EXIST?

In what way is this a religious question?

I, personally, do not rule out the possibility of some beings able to communicate without sounds or gestures, but I don't know of any religious statements on the matter. I don't think belief or unbelief in telepathy has anything to do with Shiaism.

It depends. You have to first elaborate on how you think humans would somehow be able to communicate with each other via their mind. Do you mean communicating via thought? A human does emit electromagnetic waves from their brain but these can only be possibly captured by an electronic transceiver where it would eventually translate these waves having the person's thoughts into words via the help of a computer. Nevertheless, even with the use of current technology to do that, there is still some incomplete research in developing a system which would possibly translate a person's thoughts into readable words displayed on a computer monitor. However, if you're thinking of two people communicating with each other using their thoughts without the use of any technology, then in my opinion, I would say that would most likely be impossible due to the fact that from we know of the human brain - it can emit electromagnetic waves but not receive them(i.e a person's brain cannot receive and translate another person's emitted brain waves). Otherwise, if it was the case that the brain can naturally receive and translate electromagnetic waves at different frequncies, then not only would a person be able to receive and translate another person's brainwaves(hence read their thoughts), but they likewise would be able to do the same with other electromagnatic waves at different frequciences such as radio, micro, radar ect and read the data stored in them. However in reality, this is obviously not possible since no one can "play" in their mind the speech from a specific radiostation transmitted at a specific frequency.

salam

not sure if it really works or not. but there are times when ill meet someone, and right off the bat i can 'feel' there is some sort of negative energy being given off by that person.

its hard to explain but you just feel it. even if he or she is a great actor, you just know that there is something wrong.

On 7/20/2015 at 11:07 AM, The Batman said:

Forgive me for believing something which is explicitly mentioned in the Holy Qur'an.

I say this to you because as of late i have grown to like you. But stop saying "lol" to everything people say that you don't agree with. It actually destroys all the good things you contribute, which as of late is a fair amount. Just a word of advice, it belittles you character, when it is clear to most people that read your posts that you can do so much better.

Heed if you like....

On 7/20/2015 at 11:13 AM, repenter said:

I say this to you because as of late i have grown to like you. But stop saying "lol" to everything people say that you don't agree with. It actually destroys all the good things you contribute, which as of late is a fair amount. Just a word of advice, it belittles you character, when it is clear to most people that read your posts that you can do so much better.

Heed if you like....

Okay, thanks. I'm just used to it...

How can you say something about the Quran like that? When there have been people in history who demonstrated this ability more than once from all walks of life and from all religions , even people who have no religion have managed to attain this ability in todays age, its just like any other thing you can train, the same way you can train your body to become stronger you can also train yourself to be in control of your soul 

Either the Quran is wrong or your wrong

Remember the hadith from Imam Ali where he says "..The universe is wrapped up inside you, but you do not perceive it.." this very statement and its context is the very truth of this which i mentioned , we can access the universe inside us which in turn accesses the universe around us 

You obviously misunderstood. I was saying the mentioning of the soul is in the Holy Qur'an, not the non-existence of mind telepathy stuff.

well, i think many shias believe for instance that Prophet Israel knew that his son was alive, and was somehow connected to him throughout his years of disappearance.

but i'm not sure if this was through his connection to angels, or an innate feeling.

maybe us humans aren't really capable of transferring detailed thoughts, but emotions i truly believe are possible. like sending peace and blessings upon people. Or, the other way round, when we have people that we love hurt or upset. There is a thorn in our hearts that does not go away until they are not upset anymore. Therefore, i believe that only once the ahlulbayt are avenged, will the emotional peace be brought about. But i guess emotional connectedness isn't thought transfer per se ..

well, i think many shias believe for instance that Prophet Israel knew that his son was alive, and was somehow connected to him throughout his years of disappearance.

but i'm not sure if this was through his connection to angels, or an innate feeling.

maybe us humans aren't really capable of transferring detailed thoughts, but emotions i truly believe are possible. like sending peace and blessings upon people. Or, the other way round, when we have people that we love hurt or upset. There is a thorn in our hearts that does not go away until they are not upset anymore. Therefore, i believe that only once the ahlulbayt are avenged, will the emotional peace be brought about. But i guess emotional connectedness isn't thought transfer per se ..

Actually Sayidna Ya'qoub (على نبينا واله وعليه السلام) talked to the angel 'Izrael (عليه السلام). That's how he knew Sayidna Yusuf (على نبينا واله وعليه السلام) was alive.

Actually Sayidna Ya'qoub (على نبينا واله وعليه السلام) talked to the angel 'Izrael (عليه السلام). That's how he knew Sayidna Yusuf (على نبينا واله وعليه السلام) was alive.

thanks, i don't mean to be a hadith nazi, but do you have a hadith with this. i am more curious than anything else.