Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Motivates Him?

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

What if he only looks at it for his own benefit, and not to show off to others?  Like when he's feeling down spiritually, he can cheer himself up by looking at it, which gives positive reinforcement. 

whats more concerning is that some posters do not understand what he is doing. Ohh wait, he is lifting his phone up to get a better signal. :D

why not question the individuals who do such things?, and I am sure there would be a large disparity of opinions. Some may see it as a method of encouraging or motivating others, some do it through imitation or just appearance. We are all products, each trying to out sell the other.

Edited by monad

correct, however, it could be applicable to us who think other wise too. Different time lines requires different forms of nudges, or possibly the correct terminology is how to become the right "choice architect".  We are from the old age, our thinking will differ, just like it did of our parents, and so the new age will think differently too. The objective is giving a rational reason as to why what was negated yesterday should still be negated today.

This might be of interest to you. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33314584

Edited by monad

• Veteran Member

correct, however, it could be applicable to us who think other wise too. Different time lines requires different forms of nudges, or possibly the correct terminology is how to become the right "choice architect".  We are from the old age, our thinking will differ, just like it did of our parents, and so the new age will think differently too. The objective is giving a rational reason as to why what was negated yesterday should still be negated today.

This might be of interest to you. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33314584

It is possible that someone is posting pictures of themselves to encourage others, but the people the artist has in mind are not like that. E.g. If I saw a new muslim whose friends were not muslim doing that, I wouldn't assume that they were showing off. But the people that I have seen doing it were not religious and were most probably showing off. A shi'i brother wrote a related article: http://themuslimvibe.com/featured/digitalpiety-we-need-to-stay-true-to-ourselves-on-social-media/

What I find more concerning are the people who have profile pictures of themselves giving lectures and wearing clerical robes, even though they know nothing and are not quite religious. The really concerning part is how other people praise them and actually consider them to be scholars.

• Veteran Member

wearing clerical robes, even though they know nothing and are not quite religious. The really concerning part is how other people praise them and actually consider them to be scholars.

wearing clerical robes has nothing to do with religiousness. It is what arabs used to wear. I just don't agree with the whole "you can't wear a robe if you're not in a hawza". It is traditional Arabic clothing.

• Veteran Member

wearing clerical robes has nothing to do with religiousness. It is what arabs used to wear. I just don't agree with the whole "you can't wear a robe if you're not in a hawza". It is traditional Arabic clothing.

The intention is important. If it is worn to fool people, then it is wrong.

• Advanced Member

What if he only looks at it for his own benefit, and not to show off to others?  Like when he's feeling down spiritually, he can cheer himself up by looking at it, which gives positive reinforcement. 

Yeah, like when you do hajj for example, I guess those kind of pics would help you.

• Moderators

Hmm... If he is feeling down and wants lifting up better solution would be to offer namaz rather than look at namaz pics.

@ ibn sina , Hajj is different,with namaz you Quran there is no limitation of time or money neither does one have to travel someplace else.the only prerequisite is Wudhu.