Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Righteous

Cleaning Bed From Toddler Urine

Rate this topic

Guest silasun

Salaam

According to Ayatollah Sistani:

If a carpet or a mattress becomes najis by urine of an infant child that mostly gets nutrition by breast-feeding, then it can be purified by sprinkling water - even if it is little - on it until it covers the najis area

I checked Imam Khomeini and did not find anything about urine of a toddler specifically. Either way your duty is done (according to Ayat Sistani and Ayat. Khamenei/Imam Khomeini) if you:

Wash three times with a jug of water and squeeze the water out 

or

Wash once with running water and squeeze the water out.

Edited by silasun

What if it's a child who is bottle-fed completely?

That is an interesting question. The answer would depend on whether the najis condition of urine is related to the child's nutrition source or to the child's developmental level.

In any event, you clean a najis surface by soaking it completely with pure water, then removing all the water repeatedly until no more najisat can be detected.

Guest silasun

By the way, I need to clarify my above post because there are some conditions for making something tahir with water:

Pure water (mixed water does not purify najis things)

Tahir (najis water does not purify najis things)

When purifying something najis, water should not be mixed.

When purifying something najis, water should not get smell, color or taste.

After rinsing the najis thing the najis substance should not remain.

Edited by silasun

That is an interesting question. The answer would depend on whether the najis condition of urine is related to the child's nutrition source or to the child's developmental level.

In any event, you clean a najis surface by soaking it completely with pure water, then removing all the water repeatedly until no more najisat can be detected.

thanks so much notme. just another question - what if it's like a bed's mattress? how exactly do i remove the water because it is obviously going to get completely soaked? or can i like dab it with a wet cloth (pure cloth and water)? sorrry if i sound stupid - im literally blank when it comes to these things.

i was told by a few elders once that a child's urine isn't najis till he's baligh - i just kept believing that till i read this....

What if it's a child who is bottle-fed completely?

(Salam)

According to Sayed Khamenai babys urine is considered najis regardless except in one case:

((" Baby's urine is najis and the only exception is with respect to the clothes of the lady who takes care of the baby (that she may pray while having them on). "))

Regarding the mattress, it is sufficient to pour water once on the najasa without the need to squeeze it out only in the case of a breastfed baby (newborn).

If the baby is not a "radi3" (newborn/breastfed) you should pour water until the najasa is removed and pour water once after that. As an obligatory precaution, you should squeeze and rub to the best of your ability if possible.

This is all according to Sayed Khamenai.

ws